• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Cubs making it to the WS just to lose to Cleveland would be the most Cubs thing possible.

really it seems like going up 3-1
losing game 5
and then in game 6 being up by a lot of runs, and then a close play in the stands has a fan touching the ball but is actually in the stands so wouldn't count as fan interference, and then having a complete melt down blowing game 6 and then losing 7 would be the most cubs thing possible :p

Beckx

YESSSSSS!

Fighters win and go to Japan series.

Shohei Otani DH'd again today...then pitched the ninth to close.

Set the NPB record at 164 km/h.

The set it again at 165 km/h (102.5 mph). Three times.

And threw a 94 mph forkball too.

Cu4G3nyVUAAgAUf.jpg

If you watched Ace of the Diamond and saw the ep that Furuya closed? It was like that. Just needed Ride of the Valkyries playing.

Also

Cu5AekkUsAA-zPc.jpg

gamz

Exactly. Maddon and all the fans were starting to sweat bullets with all those pitching changes in the 8th.

The way the game went today, I do think this series will go 7 games. Cubs have more pressure on winning this series.

Cubs always have pressure with any game in any season when they are favorites. That's the way it is. Maddon is the last guy to sweat bullets and the Cubs will finish this in 5.

Mortemis

Banned
YESSSSSS!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu4G3nyVUAAgAUf.jpg[IMG]

If you watched Ace of the Diamond and saw the ep that [URL="https://youtu.be/ubqaRcf1xQU?t=3m19s"]Furuya closed[/URL]? It was like that. Just needed Ride of the Valkyries playing.

Also

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu5AekkUsAA-zPc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've probably asked this before and forgot, but when do you think he will come over? I hope it's 2018 to go along with that crazy FA class. How many half a billion contracts will the Yankees give out?

Beckx

I've probably asked this before and forgot, but when do you think he will come over? I hope it's 2018 to go along with that crazy FA class. How many half a billion contracts will the Yankees give out?

I have always thought 2018 but if they win the Japan series he might want to go earlier. He wasn't ready at the start or even middle of the year, but now he really has nothing left to prove (other than staying to get a Sawamura award).

So it might just be a question of someone stepping up with a deal that's financially viable for the Fighters (like paying him a big enough bonus to buy out him contract and thus avoid posting limitations).

No game between the Cleveland Indians & the Toronto Blue Jays for today, as they're likely on their private jets on their way to Toronto in Canada (if they're not there already) in which they'll be playing on the Jays home field for the next two or three games.

Game 2 between the Los Angeles Dodgers & the Chicago Cubs on at 8 PM tonight, though. :)

Cubs making it to the WS just to lose to Cleveland would be the most Cubs thing possible.

I think that the Cubs will make the Indians sweat for it, though. They didn't win 103 games in the regular series for nothing.

This offseason is going to be interesting. With what the Royals have done the last couple of years combined with this year's playoffs, it might be the time when the reliever market explodes (especially since there aren't really any good SP free agents). We could see Jansen and Chapmen both getting near $100 million contracts. Gonna be a fun hot stove.

Travis likely to require knee scope after MRI reveals cartilage stuck in joint

Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis is likely to require a knee scope after an MRI revealed a "very small flap of cartilage caught in the joint" on top of his pre-existing bone bruise in his knee, the Blue Jays announced Sunday.

The Blue Jays expect Travis to be ready for spring training, though he'll be re-evaluated once the swelling in his knee subsides.

With his spot on the club's ALCS roster initially in doubt after suffering the injury in the team's series against the Texas Rangers, Travis appeared to seriously aggravate the ailment in Game 1 of the ALCS against the Cleveland Indians after running to cover first base. On the very next play, Travis immediately began hobbling in pain on his first step, unable to put any weight on his right leg.

He was promptly removed in that game for Ryan Goins, while Justin Smoak then replaced him on the club's 25-man roster, ruling Travis out for the rest of the postseason, should the Blue Jays progress to the World Series.

billeh

YESSSSSS!

If you watched Ace of the Diamond and saw the ep that Furuya closed? It was like that. Just needed Ride of the Valkyries playing.

Also

I'll drop Chapman for this dude, slip him in the roster. No one will know.

Velcro Fly

Joe Maddon is going to get crucified for leaving Rizzo at 3 and having Russel at 5 when they both put up disgusting 0-fers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom