• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparently it's looking like Duda's gonna be on the WC roster and Loney won't be on it. Interesting decision
I'm assuming you're going by the SNY roster....

Why take a 3rd catcher instead of Loney? Also if you need the services of Montero at any point, the game is as good as gone.

Btw, can Kelly Johnson play 1B? He's more than decent against LHP.

zulux21

hmmm really don't care who wins between the o's and jays.
I hope the mets destroy SF

I hope the indians beat up the red sox
im cool with tex or the wild card team advancing and really don't care after that as the red sox are the only team I consider the enemy in the AL.

i'm hoping washington beats the dodgers (I like seeing highly paid teams lose)
I hope the cubs lose to the mets, but if it ends up cubs vs SF I hope the cubs win.
from there if I get my way I really don't care if the mets of nats go to the WS as long as it is one of them.

hopes of winning NL goes
mets=nats>dodgers>cubs>being hit by a bus> SF.

SF is the only team I absolutely don't want to see win it this year.

wouldn't be happy with the red sox either but it would be a solid way for ortiz to retire.

from a team standpoint (aka in a bubble with no fans), I don't mind if the cubs win it all. From how the fans will be after the fact... they can stay the loveable losers as the fans are already super annoying as it is... don't really want to find out how they are with actual hope.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Why take a 3rd catcher instead of Loney? Also if you need the services of Montero at any point, the game is as good as gone.

Taking a 3rd catcher so they can use Travis or Rene off the bench as a right-handed pinch-hitter. This is where losing Flores is big. Otherwise, it would be two catchers and him.

Taking a 3rd catcher so they can use Travis or Rene off the bench as a right-handed pinch-hitter. This is where losing Flores is big. Otherwise, it would be two catchers and him.

John Ricco said Bartolo will be on the 25 man roster which is nuts.

Personally, I would start TJ at 1st and Kelly Johnson at 2nd cos the latter hits lefties better than either Duda or Loney.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
John Ricco said Bartolo will be on the 25 man roster which is nuts.

Personally, I would start TJ at 1st and Kelly Johnson at 2nd cos the latter hits lefties better than either Duda or Loney.

How many starters are they taking? I know they mentioned before Thor and either Seth or Robert. Did they decided on Big Sexy?

Choomp

Banned

Kelly can play first. I don't think they'd use him in this game though. I agree with the Montero thing too. I just wish we had Flores.

The good thing is no one in SF's lineup really scares me. I just worry about the ex Met devil magic Angel Pagan will carry in an elimination game. Basically Thor needs to be lights out, and maybe someone in the top 3 of the order gets lucky and hits a home run or something because probably nothing gonna happen off Bumgarner. Let's just hope we can get to that bullpen

How many starters are they taking? I know they mentioned before Thor and either Seth or Robert. Did they decided on Big Sexy?
I think the report about Bartolo being on the roster is a mistake. All Ricco said was they will probably take 9 pitchers and 16 hitters on the WC roster.

BFIB

Unless you are a Cards fan that's evil. They are fun to watch and the kids aren't cocky and very likable. That's terrible man.
You do see my username? Only reason I'm wearing this terrible avatar is from a lost bet against chicagocubsfan.

We will be back stronger than ever!

200.gif

BFIB

I have zero doubt you will. I never downplay that org. Constantly one of the best in baseball. That I'll give you.

But as will the Cubs.

I'll admit, a Cubs/Indians WS would be awesome, and good for the game.

I'll admit, a Cubs/Indians WS would be awesome, and good for the game.

As a lifelong Cubs fan living in Cleveland, this is my nightmare. I want the Cubs to win, and I like the Indians, but if the Tribe beat the Cubs in the World Series I'm not leaving my house until the parade is over.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Speaking of Fangraphs: Did Eric Hosmer just have the worst 100-RBI season on record?

Lots of players have driven in 100 runs in a season before. Twenty-two players did so this season, Hosmer included. These players aren’t always good — RBI is more a function of who hits in front of a batter and that first player’s ability to get on base. RBI, as a counting stat, is also largely aided by the ability to stay in the lineup all season. Of course, players who (a) bat behind a talented on-base guy and (b) stay in the lineup all season — they’re usually pretty good. So it’s a surprise when one is so bad. Consider: a simple average of the WAR figures for this year’s 22 different 100-RBI players produces a result of 4.0 WAR. Hosmer’s -0.2 WAR is the worst by a full win.

As it turns out, his season put him on the short list for worst 100-RBI season ever. He wasn’t the worst, but the fact that he’s on the list is worrisome, and you really couldn’t blame the Royals if they non-tendered him this winter.

wbsmcs

Jays lineup tonight:

Devon Travis 2B
Josh Donaldson 3B
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Jose Bautista RF
Russell Martin C
Troy Tulowitzki SS
Michael Saunders DH
Kevin Pillar CF
Ezequiel Carrera LF

The first time all year the Jays are using these 9 players in these positions.

Chase17

Why does the MLB app send me Tebow dedicated updates?

Anyways, pulling for the O's tonight. Although it doesn't make a huge difference to me either way.

Jays lineup tonight:

Devon Travis 2B
Josh Donaldson 3B
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Jose Bautista RF
Russell Martin C
Troy Tulowitzki SS
Michael Saunders DH
Kevin Pillar CF
Ezequiel Carrera LF

The first time all year the Jays are using these 9 players in these positions.

Saunders on DH makes it easy to switch him out later in the game with someone like Navarro if we're desperate for a big hit. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

The Nationals Expos should get the 1994 title by default.

If the Jays get knocked out I'm rooting for the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom