• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Reyes - 3B
Cabrera - SS
Cespedes - LF
Granderson - CF
TJ Rivera - 2B
Bruce - RF
Rene Rivera - C
Loney - 1B
Syndergaard -P

The higher the baseball stakes, the more indifference to basic decency

There is no place in the world I would rather be than at the ballpark. Even with all the anxiety and uncertainty of the Blue Jays’ do-or-die wild-card game against the well-matched Baltimore Orioles Tuesday night, there were moments where I relished how beautiful and relaxing a place it can be. Even when the game is at its most postseason stressful, the ballpark can be a buoying source of solace and comfort for so many. At its heart, baseball is an escape from the more terrible aspects of our day-to-day lives, a kind of secular church where we come together and faithfully connect over the triumphs and struggles of our team.

And yet, there are those who forget the fundamentally congenial, communal nature of baseball fandom. They think it’s just about their experience, and disregard their fellow fans, and the generous spirit of the game.

They are the guys to my left in the 200-level who spent much of Tuesday evening spouting obscenities, homophobic slurs, and making “fat chick” jokes. They are the guys to my right who were happy to yell racist garbage at opposing players, and who repeatedly touched our section’s usher without her consent. And they are whoever thought it was a good idea to disrupt a crucial seventh-inning play, during the most important game of the season so far, by tossing a beer can at Orioles outfielder Hyun Soo Kim.

As someone who goes to the Rogers Centre on a regular basis, disrespect for the ballpark atmosphere, the players who populate its field, and the fans who cheer them on isn’t a new phenomenon for me. But it always pains me to see it.

I do take issue for the writer continuing to reference that bogus myth about the beer can being thrown at the baby during last year's ALDS, but otherwise, this is a good opinion piece.

I've met many people in Toronto who think going to a sporting event in Toronto means you have to get drunk and swear a lot, and anyone who disagrees isn't letting you be a real fan.

If they had more security they would be able to identify these people a lot faster and kick them out for intoxication or whatever

gamz

CuBtZXqUEAAOtYr.jpg

Soon

Heh, according to MLB.com expected win-loss record the Jays should have been 91-71 this year, and the Rangers should have been 82-80

Gotta love run differential lol

3N16MA

Banned
Heh, according to MLB.com expected win-loss record the Jays should have been 91-71 this year, and the Rangers should have been 82-80

Gotta love run differential lol

That is what happens when you win a bunch of one runs games. Rangers made it common place.

Their pitching is atrocious.

cashman

Banned
Thinking about the beer can incident...I wonder how Korean media is making it out to be? Considering one of their own ballplayers that made it to the MLB was the target of this attack, and subsequent racial slurs?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuck this asshole.

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016, at the Rogers Centre, during a baseball game between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Baltimore Orioles, a beer can was tossed from the left-field stands onto the playing field.

Investigators from 52 Division have been working closely with the Rogers Centre to identify the person responsible.

An image of a man, police are alleging to be responsible for this incident, is attached.

Investigators are strongly encouraging this man to seek legal advice and turn himself into police. Anyone with any information on this man, is asked to contact investigators at 52 Division by calling 416-808-5200.

qcG8cZp.jpg
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/36107

Seem like they gave him a few hours to turn himself in. Clearly that wasn't going to happen. As someone who has had beer thrown in him at the Rogers Centre I hope this fucker gets caught soon.

Some guy on YouTube confirmed it to be a woman.

The police confirmed it to be this guy.

Who you going with?

Edit: There is a much clearer video available, and it clearly shows the guy in question tossing the can sidearm.

The police, I was just going by what's available to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom