• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the Dodgers and their management - with all of their regular season success and postseason failure the last several years - ever considered, a team built for the regular season is not necessarily a team built for the postseason? I can already tell you a team that can't hit left handed pitching is probably not built for the postseason lol.

They didn't build the team to not be able to hit left handed hitting, their best hitters against lefties all got inured.

Raziel

They didn't build the team to not be able to hit left handed hitting, their best hitters against lefties all got inured.

Which of their best hitters against lefties got injured? I can only think of Etheir off the top of my head and he's terrible against lefties.

Also trading for Reddick at the dead line actually is an example of building a team to not be able to hit left handed pitching.

They also built it to only have one ace when Cueto was out there, and built it to only have a couple of reliable hitters when Murphy was out there. They probably would have helped more than Rich Hill and Josh Reddick.

Which of their best hitters against lefties got injured? I can only think of Etheir off the top of my head and he's terrible against lefties.

Van Slyke and IIRC Thompson mash lefties.

To your second point, I mean they had Kersh and that 2nd ace in Grienke last year and look where it got them. They revamped the bullpen, which is definitely a "playoff" type of move. The playoffs are a lot more of a crapshoot than you are giving credit for.

BigAT

Pedroia upset his season is about to end.

CH519OJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom