• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't like the idea of taking out Miller when the top of the order is up.\

All you needed was one base runner and you've got Ortiz now.

Playing with Fire

Sandoval.

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Raziel

Van Slyke and IIRC Thompson mash lefties.

To your second point, I mean they had Kersh and that 2nd ace in Grienke last year and look where it got them. They revamped the bullpen, which is definitely a "playoff" type of move. The playoffs are a lot more of a crapshoot than you are giving credit for.

1 holdover and 1 rookie shows they went hard building a balanced lineup?

Yeah they had Kershaw and Grienke...but no bullpen, still only a couple of reliable hitters, and a crappy manager they should have replaced with Joe Maddon when he was out there?

I fully acknowledge the playoffs are a crapshoot. All you can do is put yourself in the best position to win. Aside from their bullpen, they can't really say they've done that.

1 holdover and 1 rookie shows they went hard building a balanced lineup?

Yeah they had Kershaw and Grienke...but no bullpen, still only a couple of reliable hitters, and a crappy manager they should have replaced with Joe Maddon when he was out there?

I fully acknowledge the playoffs are a crapshoot. All you can do is put yourself in the best position to win. Aside from their bullpen, they can't really say they've done that.

They had some roster construction issues, ultimately I think signing a bunch of pitchers with injury problems backfired on them to some extent, but ultimately you put the best team out there you can, which I think they did as evidenced by winning the division despite a ton of injuries. There is no such thing as "building a roster for the postseason". Their issues hitting LHP didn't just appear in the postseason. You build the best team you can and then hope that team can get into the playoffs and play well enough in a series of 5 or 7 game series'. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom