• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPHV0Vk.jpg
Lol goddamn

All Cleveland-Toronto sports teams are pretty evenly matched;
Indians/Blue Jays
Cavs/Raptors
Browns/Argonauts
Monsters/Maple Leafs
Very nearly true. Excluding Cavs and Raptors ;)

Major lol at the Leafs and Monsters comparison

Look, nothing to take away from how amazing Bumgarner is, or how insane his 2014 postseason was.

But speaking on behalf of all Americans, fuck you Bumgarner. Loving this.

What a way to get embarrassed in your own field by allowing the Cubs a 3-run homer, Giants. LOL. At the bottom of the 1st inning, no less.

On another note, David Ortiz will certainly be missed. One of the best players in the MLB.

Chase17

He ain't gonna opt out if he has another season like this one
"David, we really think you should opt out. You're going to get some great offers from some other clubs."
"David, have you thought of early retirement"

Sox need to get to his agent and find a way to confuse Price into opting out.

6 more years :(

Raziel

They had some roster construction issues, ultimately I think signing a bunch of pitchers with injury problems backfired on them to some extent, but ultimately you put the best team out there you can, which I think they did as evidenced by winning the division despite a ton of injuries. There is no such thing as "building a roster for the postseason". Their issues hitting LHP didn't just appear in the postseason. You build the best team you can and then hope that team can get into the playoffs and play well enough in a series of 5 or 7 game series'. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

I don't think they built the best team they could have. Again, Cueto and Murphy were out there, but the guys from Tampa have an aversion to the big splash signing/trade. The Dodgers won the division this year piecing together lineups from rookies and spare parts plucked from Oklahoma City and elsewhere, and even then it took a historic 2nd half collapse by the Giants to do so. To think this formula could keep it rolling in the postseason against elite competition is mistaken in my opinion. I also disagree that there's no such thing as building a postseason team. Most for example have definitively concluded a bullpen is most definitely a part. As well as at least a couple of aces (recognizing the 2015 Royals and the 2014 Bumgarners as not really bankable methods to win).

"David, we really think you should opt out. You're going to get some great offers from some other clubs."
"David, have you thought of early retirement"

Sox need to get to his agent and find a way to confuse Price into opting out.

6 more years :(
The bosox can swallow the salary and do a trade, otherwise no team would be stupid enough to bite, Price is a choker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom