• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

iPHV0Vk.jpg

Weird how they used a gameboy camera for Ortiz's photo.

I don't think they built the best team they could have. Again, Cueto and Murphy were out there, but the guys from Tampa have an aversion to the big splash signing/trade. The Dodgers won the division this year piecing together lineups from rookies and spare parts plucked from Oklahoma City and elsewhere, and even then it took a historic 2nd half collapse by the Giants to do so. To think this formula could keep it rolling in the postseason against elite competition is mistaken in my opinion. I also disagree that there's no such thing as building a postseason team. Most for example have definitively concluded a bullpen is most definitely a part. As well as at least a couple of aces (recognizing the 2015 Royals and the 2014 Bumgarners as not really bankable methods to win).

I agree. I think they got a little too cute with what they were trying to do in terms of SP. They managed to survive it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom