• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

oatmeal

Banned
Umps gave the Cardinals this game. Hopefully, they can regroup and give us some calls tomorrow...I mean SATURDAY.

No they didn't.

breslow and gomes and salty did.

It was kinda like yesterday, but if Kozma gets an out, the Sox still score 2.

The errors literally cost the game this time, yesterday they just added to the shit.

I know it doesn't matter. But Gomes fucking sucks. Stop letting him hit.

I was okay with it while they were 6-0 with him. But now he's gotta be pulled. He's not giving the team anything better than Nava would. Nava's the better hitter AND fielder.

Sanjuro

No they didn't.

breslow and gomes and salty did.

It was kinda like yesterday, but if Kozma gets an out, the Sox still score 2.

The errors literally cost the game this time, yesterday they just added to the shit.

I was okay with it while they were 6-0 with him. But now he's gotta be pulled. He's not giving the team anything better than Nava would. Nava's the better hitter AND fielder.

ARE YOU AN UMPERE?

Sanjuro

He's a gamer and a winner.

iSagsYzZIptbT.gif

Opiate

As far a I can tell, a "gamer" or a "winner" is a euphamism that bad broadcasters use to describe average players who have just so happened to be on a number of good teams.

As far a I can tell, a "gamer" or a "winner" is a euphamism that bad broadcasters use to describe average players who have just so happened to be on a number of good teams.
Hearing McCarver explain it tonight was hilarious.

"He's one of the few who doesn't have the numbers but just wins" or something like that.

3N16MA

Banned

Gomes's career .342 wOBA/110 wRC+ suggest he actually has a decent bat. However he should never be allowed to field any position ever.

Dragon

Banned
Gomes's career .342 wOBA/110 wRC+ suggest he actually has a decent bat. However he should never be allowed to field any position ever.

That ignores the fact that the Cardinals have all right-handed starters and Daniel Nava was 15th in the majors in OBP. It also ignores the fact that in his career he has a very normal L/R split.

He should not be batting anywhere in this lineup.

3N16MA

Banned
That ignores the fact that the Cardinals have all right-handed starters and Daniel Nava was 15th in the majors in OBP. It also ignores the fact that in his career he has a very normal L/R split.

He should not be batting anywhere in this lineup.

I'm not saying he should be there instead of Nava. I'm pointing out that he does have some skill beyond being a gritty gamer type player.

JABEE

I think it's code for "the camera is panning over this guy right now. Let's say something nice about him to make the audience understand that this player and by extension this game is of high quality and importance."

Tigers hitting coach Lloyd McClendon has interviewed for the Tigers' vacant managerial position.

McClendon managed the Pirates from 2001-2005. He went 336-446 in 4½ seasons with the Pirates. He was fired 136 games into the 2005 season and has not managed in the big leagues since. He has been on Jim Leyland's Tigers staff since 2006. He was the bullpen coach in 2006 before being promoted to hitting coach in 2007.

McClendon interviewed for the Mariners manager job for 2011, but the team went with Eric Wedge. He also interviewed for the Marlins manager job for 2013, but the team went with Mike Redmond.

Ugh... if not for those errors, we well might have won that game... :(

Hey, when Gomes started the Sox had been 6-0 before this game during this postseason (now they are 6-1), while when Nava started they were 1-4. Plus, Gomes has a way more awesome beard (Nava doesn't even have one, while Gomes has one of the biggest!) and a much more expensive contract (Gomes gets $5 million this year, Nava a tenth that), so he's got to be more important, right?

Yeah, going with your gut over the statistics is going to burn you eventually, as we finally saw happen today. Hopefully Nava plays now.

That was a much better game. The shitty errors from Boston gave us more of a lead than we should have had, but still, it was an improvement over the Kozma Show from two nights ago.

See you in St. Louis.

Dragon

Banned
Seven errors in two games. We are so blessed to have the teams with the best records meeting. Such great baseball.

I'd say they are the best two teams in the game. They won the two best divisions in baseball and have gotten to the World Series.

BTW, Paul Molitor was at the game last night, surely if he thinks it's worth going to the Monstah it's okay for you to accept this :).

Edit: Stephen Drew is 1 for his last 35 and the one hit was a popup that no one caught. Unbelievable.

eznark

Banned
I'd say they are the best two teams in the game. They won the two best divisions in baseball and have gotten to the World Series.

BTW, Paul Molitor was at the game last night, surely if he thinks it's worth going to the Monstah it's okay for you to accept this :).

Edit: Stephen Drew is 1 for his last 35 and the one hit was a popup that no one caught. Unbelievable.

That's exactly what I said. The baseball has also been awful so the idiots like Rosenthal who were telling us all that we should be grateful for this matchup can fuck themselves because the teams are playing like it's Brewers v. Mariners.

Opiate

I can't tell which part of the Pujols contract I like more: the fact that the Cardinals aren't paying it, or the fact that the Angels sacrificed the draft slot the Cardinals used to draft Wacha as compensation for the esteemed honor of giving Pujols 250 million dollars.

Top Bottom