• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Link

The Autumn Wind
Man.... I really like him but if you can get 1 or 2 top OF prospects for him, I think you do it. Mets have to also decide whether to trade Montero or Syndegaard for OF help also. It's weird because the Tigers were dangling around Nick Castellanos and they wanted a closer, yet Mets don't seem to be shopping Bobby Parnell.
I don't see how they could trade Parnell. The bullpen is enough of a weak point as it is. I'd say that's a greater concern than the outfield, which isn't all that awful at the moment.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Link

The Autumn Wind
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
New New York > Old New York

Holy fuck he was actually out.

AND BECAUSE THE GROUND SLOWED HIM DOWN LOL.
I don't see how they could trade Parnell. The bullpen is enough of a weak point as it is. I'd say that's a greater concern than the outfield, which isn't all that awful at the moment.
Frank Francisco is down on rehab, I thought he was coming back in a few weeks.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Murphy you clown.

Pick up a new closer or groom Familia, which he was supposed to be this year if he didn't get hurt. Power-hitting young OF >>>> closer at this point.
Because picking up a new closer has worked so well for us the past few seasons? I'd rather bring Familia up in the setup roll with Parnell closing and take things from there.

Because picking up a new closer has worked so well for us the past few seasons? I'd rather bring Familia up in the setup roll with Parnell closing and take things from there.
So you would rather trade Montero/Syndergaard for OF help than Parnell? Holy crap what do people see in this guy? He's frickin Kane Davis/Derek Wallace all over again, guy who throws hard but has no idea how to pitch. Great stuff but no heart, if someone wants him and is willing to trade a top OF prospect where do I sign?

Link

The Autumn Wind
So you would rather trade Montero/Syndergaard for OF help than Parnell? Holy crap what do people see in this guy? He's frickin Kane Davis/Derek Wallace all over again, guy who throws hard but has no idea how to pitch. Great stuff but no heart, if someone wants him and is willing to trade a top OF prospect where do I sign?
No, I'd rather trade Byrd. He's playing too well for the Mets to be able to sign him next year, just like Hairston. We don't need OF help as much as we need bullpen help.

No, I'd rather trade Byrd. He's playing too well for the Mets to be able to sign him next year, just like Hairston. We don't need OF help as much as we need bullpen help.
Byrd isn't netting you an A OF prospect, he'll turn 36 in August. At best a team gives you a B guy for him. The attraction of Parnell to other teams is the same "WOW HE THROW HARD" and he's controlled cheap thru 2014 I believe. But you never overvalue closers, and Parnell is eminently replaceable.

Well, I don't see Parnell netting much either. The Red Sox just rejected an offer of Parnell for Jackie Bradley, Jr.
Tigers are the team to target, they've openly asked around for a guy like Papelbon and Jesse Crain. Parnell is a much better option for the reasons I mentioned, cheaper and controlled for longer.

Which is why it was rejected. I'm just using the example to show that the Mets won't get a top prospect for him.
Oh they can, but the Red Sox were a terrible example. Tigers already have some good OFers and more desperately need a closer.
We'll trade you guys League for the hot dog vendor. I see the Hot dog vendor can throw a wicked screwball. So how about it Mets?
Someone hasn't been paying attention in class.

You missed the Mets beating the Giants 10-6 and setting themselves up for the sweep with Zack Wheeler pitching tomorrow.

Gonna drive that nail of regret in the coffin.

Holy fuck he was actually out.

AND BECAUSE THE GROUND SLOWED HIM DOWN LOL.

Frank Francisco is down on rehab, I thought he was coming back in a few weeks.

Franky Frank might be done for the season. On 60 day rite now.
And I think Syndergaard might get traded after the solid years so far by Montero and Mazzoni.

The Cubs have a better record than the Giants. Wow.

ttw2m6V.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
1B Freeman
2B Uggla
SS Pastronicky
3B Johnson

Malholm is going to give up a shit ton of ground balls today.

BFIB

The Phils have stated that they will be buyers, not sellers at the deadline.

Who do they have left to trade? Utley is in his walk year, so I'm assuming if they are buying, they are going all in.

Franky Frank might be done for the season. On 60 day rite now.
And I think Syndergaard might get traded after the solid years so far by Montero and Mazzoni.
Yeah I'm hearing that too due to Syndergaard's rise.
Holy crap, the Mets and the Giants have virtually the same record?!
You didn't know? Giants tanking for Wiggins lol.
haha this is great

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/mets-native-americans-atlanta-braves/

Mets schedule Native American day. Invite some Indian tribe to attend. Realize the game is against the braves and worry about it looking like a protest to the braves name and cancel the event, and piss off the real Indians.
Atlanta full of racists confirmed. They supported Rocker so no surprise they and Dan Snyder are full of hate.

Top Bottom