• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Meier

I was pretty out of the loop as far as news was concerned when in Japan so I missed that we got Nolasco. Looks like he threw a gem in his first game too.

I sure hope last night's crapfest of a ninth inning that forced Mujica into the game doesn't lead to an ineffective Mujjica tonight. He's been pitching a lot lately.

Does anyone else here besides me agree with John Rocker? ( on this issue of steroids and the steroid era )

"[Fans] are paid to be entertained. They wanna see some clown throw a fastball 101 mph and some other guy hit it 500 feet. That's entertainment. You're paying to be entertained."

-John Rocker

zychi

Banned
I personally dont give two shits about steroids anymore. Baseball has never been a clean sport(gambling, pine tar, stealing signs, signing 12 year old poor kids to contracts)

The only thing i hate in sports is gambling. If you bet against your team or got caught fixing the game(black sox), then i have a problem.

No one cares that lebron james is on hgh, no one cares about roids in the nfl. I dont blame the mlb players for trying to win and stay healthy, i blame bud selig and the mlb for not implementing a proper roid test. If the comissioner is too big of a pussy to demand blood tests for his millionare making other millionares richer players, why should i care if fatass bartolo colon took some peds to stay in the game longer?

/end ped rant

I hate Descalso I hope that error doesn't come back to hurt them

Edit: Luckily it didn't
I wonder if we'll get a real SS soon. Shoddy defense aside, DD has been on a tear with the bat lately. He had a really awful start to the season and his overall numbers still look respectable. Kozma's numbers on the other hand...

RGVNOE

I wonder if we'll get a real SS soon. Shoddy defense aside, DD has been on a tear with the bat lately. He had a really awful start to the season and his overall numbers still look respectable. Kozma's numbers on the other hand...

He's a dead pull hitter he's been lucky defenses have been playing him straight up, but I'm glad they have it's helped us win some games. And yea I hope they make a move for a SS before the deadline.

cashman

Banned
Then they should STFU and not make themselves and their players/products look worse. Have a drug test. Catch the dumbfucks who are stupid enough to fail. Leave the elite players who have the good PEDS and can pass a piss test (like Chris Davis, for example) alone. They are fucking themselves over all in the name of stupid bullshit grandstanding and catering to the tiny, tiny percent of sports fans who give a shit about the "purity" of one of the most impure sports ever.

I don't know if Chris Davis is user, unless there is a steroid that helps you make contact more often.

I don't know if Chris Davis is user, unless there is a steroid that helps you make contact more often.
His contact rate isn't too far off from his career numbers but his HR/FB has spiked this year. I don't watch the Orioles so I have no idea if there's a change in his swing/approach though.

Top Bottom