• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Opiate

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Alex Rodriguez has aged extremely poorly.

He looked like a sleek, clean athlete just a decade ago; he looks like a dumpy guy in his 40s now to me. I can't tell if he just has bad genetics or if he hasn't taken especially good care of his body.

zulux21

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Alex Rodriguez has aged extremely poorly.

He looked like a sleek, clean athlete just a decade ago; he looks like a dumpy guy in his 40s now to me. I can't tell if he just has bad genetics or if he hasn't taken especially good care of his body.

well not everyone can age like Omar Vizquel :p

That makes no sense if you're talking about A Rod.

Man, this sucks. The one day for Santana to have an off day. Davis was better last night. And why is Ned Yost so damn stupid to leave him for the fifth AND start him in the sixth?

they cheered about that as well, they also cheered about the manager standing around yelling, and the injury... they did a lot of cheering right after they lost the lead :p

Have to cheer about something! To be fair, who wouldn't cheer at an injury on a guy who almost just charged your pitcher?

Hey, and anyway, that was Ichiro, Vernon Wells and Travis Hafner, not a bunch of AAA players. Unless you consider the Mariners, Angels and Indians your AAA affiliates... oh.

Anyway, split series. I'll take it, I guess. But we have to win against the Indians the next three days.

EDIT: Oops I meant to say Blue Jays for Wells, not Angels.

Macattk15

Ryan Dumpster ya'll.

Hey, and anyway, that was Ichiro, Vernon Wells and Travis Hafner, not a bunch of AAA players. Unless you consider the Mariners, Angels and Indians your AAA affiliates... oh.

Anyway, split series. I'll take it, I guess. But we have to win against the Indians the next three days.

As a Royals fan ... you have little room to talk about the quality of players from other teams sir. Unless you were referencing the fact that the Yankees are fed other teams players .... which is accurate.

Ryan Dumpster ya'll.

As a Royals fan ... you have little room to talk about the quality of players from other teams sir.

I'm not knocking those three guys at all! I'm knocking the usual Yankees MO of throwing that cash around and sharking everyone else's stars. And then, in this case, acting like they're the "B team".

Macattk15

I'm not knocking those three guys at all! I'm knocking the usual Yankees MO of throwing that cash around and sharking everyone else's stars. And then, in this case, acting like they're the "B team".

Yeah I figured you were ... it's why I edited it.

I jumped the gun before really reading the statement!

I often do that as a Mariner fan.

Fact is ... us Poopy Teams need to stick together.

Yeah I figured you were ... it's why I edited it.

I jumped the gun before really reading the statement!

I often do that as a Mariner fan.

Fact is ... us Poopy Teams need to stick together.

Haha, I'm with you. Mariners fans, Pirates, Padres... everyone who's paid their dues like we have are cool with me. Hell, the only team I really actively dislike are the Yankees and the Cardinals, and the latter is pretty much just a regional rivalry. But yeah, I definitely have a sweet spot for my fellow sufferers, lol.

Those are bench players

Yankees' championship run was built upon a core of their own players ans savvy free agent signings. They've only won one 1 ring with the method of spending big money on free agents.

Okay, then what would be your explanation?

He finally declined? Dude has been playing elite level baseball since he was 20. Pujols has already had the worst year of his career last year and he was only 32. A Rod's slash from 32-34: .286 /378/.537/.914 137OPS+ 95 HRs and then he fell of the face of the earth. This would be such a non issue if he wasn't paid an exuberant amount of money at this stage of his career.

Opiate

He finally declined? Dude has been playing elite level baseball since he was 20. Pujols has already had the worst year of his career last year and he was only 32. A Rod's slash from 32-34: .286 /378/.537/.914 137OPS+ 95 HRs and then he fell of the face of the earth.

I see the confusion: I literally meant his looks. When I say he "looks bad," I do not mean he is playing poorly, I mean he literally looks old and out of shape even if he technically isn't.

I see the confusion: I literally meant his looks. When I say he "looks bad," I do not mean he is playing poorly, I mean he literally looks old and out of shape even if he technically isn't.

I do see what you mean, he actually has more gray hair now too. he has always looked a bit soft to me.
and as for Jeter, that's what you get for trying to come back after one fucking rehab game! too good to rehab down in the minors now? hope he's out another month!

Macattk15

Teacher to pitcher? My inspiration!

Well. He was drafted.

Broke his elbow throwing a pitch in 2009 like Zumaya did. Never pitched above A ball. Substitute taught and became a baseball coach .... decided to try to put it back together and give it another go in 2011.

Rest is historrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

RBH

MLB
And the #FinalVote winners are ... @FreddieFreeman5 and @SteveDelabar_50!

DanFreddieFreeman-478x317.jpg

Top Bottom