• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

StUnNeR H2K

Indians-GAF, how soon will Salazar get called back up?

Going to be tough once McAllister is back. I wouldn't be surprised though if Salazar doesn't squeeze into rotation if the staff has any major injuries. I also will be shocked if they pick up a starter through a trade. Still think the big move Cleveland makes will be for a lefty bullpen arm.

RBH

Teams that reach the All-Star Break firmly in last place typically consider making major moves by the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline.

That may be the case for many clubs. But it’s not what the Marlins are thinking.

After falling 5-2 in 10 innings to the Nationals on Sunday, Miami entered the break with a 35-58 record. Still, there is plenty of reason for optimism, mainly because its young core is coming together.

Since May 31, the Marlins are 22-17. And they are 21-17 since June 1, compared to a 14-41 mark in April and May.

The fact they’ve built some positive momentum has the Marlins leaning towards staying the course as the July 31 deadline approaches. They aren’t anticipating making any major trades.

Giancarlo Stanton, Logan Morrison, Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn have all been mentioned in trade speculation. All four are eligible for arbitration next year. But the bottom line is all four are considered building blocks for the remainder of this year and in 2014. Don’t expect any of them to be dealt. Of course, a team willing to dramatically overpay could change things. But that is highly unlikely.

Candidates the Marlins could trade are relievers Ryan Webb and Chad Qualls. Placido Polanco, Justin Ruggiano and Greg Dobbs are position players who are possible trade pieces.

Even they may not be moved in July.

Chances are the Marlins could make more moves in August, during the waiver-trade period than by the end of July.

Right now, the club wants to see how its core progresses together.
http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/2013/07/15/marlins-leaning-towards-staying-the-course/

At Sunday's All-Star Futures Game, the biggest in-season gathering of baseball executives, the word was that the Padres are open for business, and that they would even listen if someone wants to talk about third baseman Chase Headley.

The Padres still aren't eager to move Headley, and it would take a big offer for a team to have a chance to get him. A more likely scenario would have the Padres trading some of their bullpen arms (Huston Street, anyone?) and/or starter Edinson Volquez.

Headley was one of the biggest names on the market last July, and the Pirates worked hard on a deal they eventually backed away from. Headley had a big second half. The Padres made a limited effort to sign him to a long-term deal last winter, and Headley then told them he wouldn't negotiate during the season.

The Padres were two games over .500 and just one game out of first place in the middle of June. Not even a month later, they've fallen to 13 games under .500 and 9 1/2 games out of first place.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/d...-padres-ready-to-sell-might-listen-on-headley

Ryck

Called it... I wonder who will get him.

I'm actually ok with the three guys mentioned leaving. Headley least of all but it was inevitable.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
9287528094_181a2156b1_o.gif
ibs4GHXUXOGTNi.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
alright what is up with the HR derby this year? is it the same shitty format? I assume it will still last 20hrs too.

Top Bottom