• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

harSon

Banned
lol like no one at the game in miami

word. at least we have melancon though

We're going to need someone else to fill the void. He's supposed to be out 1-2 months, and if it's closer to the latter, he's basically out for the season since he'll be unable to start throwing again until late Sept/early October.

I guess we could bring someone up, and go with what we have. But as much as Grilli was overworked for much of the season, Melancon was worked even more...

jakncoke

Banned
We're going to need someone else to fill the void. He's supposed to be out 1-2 months, and if it's closer to the latter, he's basically out for the season since he'll be unable to start throwing again until late Sept/early October.

I guess we could bring someone up, and go with what we have. But as much as Grilli was overworked for much of the season, Melancon was worked even more...

We already brought Victor Black up, im not scared really.

JABEE

Cliff Lee scratched from tomorrows start. They are saying it is a sore neck. Hopefully he isnt about to be traded.
Yeah. Reports coming out that the Phillies are listening to offer on Lee and Cliff Lee now is scratched with a "stiff neck."

Lee never sits out of games. Like Halladay, he would have to be seriously injured to sit for a game. Who knows.

JABEE

I totally disagree. You trade everyone and then all you have is a bunch of prospects, the majority of which will be complete busts. The Phils play in what is arguably the worst division in all of baseball. Even if they cant turn it around this year, maybe there will be some guy available in the off season to make a run next year.
What if they end up with washed up Howard, Papelbon, Utley, and Lee at the same time with no youth to replace them? It's going to be a long road of mediocrity with that approach. The Phillies need young ML-ready talent.

rando14

as someone who doesnt watch CC very frequently, any idea from Yankees gaf idea whats wrong with him? velocity down, mechanical issues, etc?

sangreal

as someone who doesnt watch CC very frequently, any idea from Yankees gaf idea whats wrong with him? velocity down, mechanical issues, etc?

He had elbow surgery during the offseason, now everything is wrong. Velocity is down, and no control. I haven't seen anyone point out a specific change in his mechanics, but he is also noticeably smaller

Velocity mostly. He used to be able to use the fastball/changeup combo very effectively. Now his fastball is too slow, his changeup is too fast and it's doesn't confuse anybody, so when his control isn't good he gets hit hard.

What if they end up with washed up Howard, Papelbon, Utley, and Lee at the same time with no youth to replace them? It's going to be a long road of mediocrity with that approach. The Phillies need young ML-ready talent.

How long have the Cubs been rebuilding? Trading your good players for young players seems very unlikely to work. I would rather try to sign FA's. Honestly what ever they decide to do it wont work. The are going to be bad for a while and will need to get crazy lucky to get good again.

Bit of a lapse of concentration by Harvey. Single and now a walk, 1st and 2nd and 0 out.

EDIT: He's lost control of his off-speed. Weird to see that all of a sudden.

Top Bottom