• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I'M BRINGING BACK THE AVATAR

XsXckbM.gif

Cubs fans audibly chanting "overrated" at Puig (you can hear it on the radio feed). Then Puig goes deep for a big insurance run. Love it. Dat Puig Show.

Meier

Nice to see Puig bounce back from getting thrown out at home. Nolasco isn't giving many innings yet but he's doing decent enough since the trade.

Can't say enough good things about that filthy Gator Paco Rodriguez. Gave up a run tonight but he's been so key during our run.

This team is such a goddamn embarrassment. Blow it all up.

I do think AA has assembled a lot of good pieces in the last couple years... but I don't think he's the GM that will put together a winning roster. Put another way, I don't think Beeston will give him another chance to spend Ted Rogers' bequest.

suEcide

This team is such a goddamn embarrassment. Blow it all up.

I have a theory. Since Johnson's carrer is (hopefully) over after he hits free-agency this year, he's been betting large sums of money against the Jays on his starts in order to get some nice bank before riding off into the sunset come 2014.

suEcide

At least it looks like Santos is going to throw for the Jays tonight. The game is lost, but I always dug watching him throw.

I have a theory. Since Johnson's carrer is (hopefully) over after he hits free-agency this year, he's been betting large sums of money against the Jays on his starts in order to get some nice bank before riding off into the sunset come 2014.

Or he's just injured again.

I can still remember back in March when he was discussed as being the Jays' next ace.

(á _ á)

zulux21

It appears that talks have broken down between A-Rod and MLB, with Alex Rodriguez set on fighting any suspension through appeal.

:/ come on arod don't help the yankees, bad arod...

inb4 it's found out that the yankees are paying arod off to fight the appeal giving him money off the record (to cover a good chunk of the money he will lose from a life time ban) so that they can more easily get below the luxury tax :p
im not being serious obviously

JABEE

How does Major League Baseball not have any policy on what to do with the salary of suspended ballplayers? The NHL donates the money. It's kind of ridiculous that the Yankees will not only benefit from cheating with a player who used PEDs, but they also get to effectively void a financial agreement that made it difficult for them to avoid paying the Luxury Tax.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How does Major League Baseball not have any policy on what to do with the salary of suspended ballplayers? The NHL donates the money. It's kind of ridiculous that the Yankees will not only benefit from cheating with a player who used PEDs, but they also get to effectively void a financial agreement that made it difficult for them to avoid paying the Luxury Tax.

Why would owners vote to screw themselves out of money?

There needs to be a Jays support group. I guess anyone discussing anything Jays is a support group in a way.

I'm just glad that they were so good during my childhood...they may never win anything important ever again, but at least I'll have memories of back-to-back championships and watching my favourite team make the playoffs four times in five years. Anyone who's started following the team at any point from 1994 onwards doesn't have any idea what that's like.

Yu Darvish struck out 14 batters for the fourth time this season, leading the Texas Rangers to a 7-1 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks.

There have been only two other 14 strikeout games this season.

Darvish has 407 strikeouts through 50 Major League starts, the second-highest total for a pitcher over that span since 1900 (Dwight Gooden, 418).
Yu is awesome.

harSon

Banned
STL went HAM on PIT.

It was the perfect storm of it being difficult to sweep a 5 game series, it meaning more to the Cardinals since they were on a 7 game losing streak and Charlie Morton not being that great of a pitcher in the first place.

Oxx

Typical that the ESPN channel in the UK has closed down as soon as the Braves start heating-up.

I guess I'll have to get mlbtv.

Oxx

you're an Ex-pat? what's it lke catching Baseball in the UK?

British born and bred.

I'm pretty committed to going to sleep at sensible times these days, so I would only watch day-games live. Which was fine considering 'ESPN America' would show most of them for free.

Now I guess I'm down for mlbtv's free game of the day.

Top Bottom