• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

ugKHhyS.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
How does Major League Baseball not have any policy on what to do with the salary of suspended ballplayers? The NHL donates the money. It's kind of ridiculous that the Yankees will not only benefit from cheating with a player who used PEDs, but they also get to effectively void a financial agreement that made it difficult for them to avoid paying the Luxury Tax.

Any team in that situation would benefit. I find it funny that no one was calling for the Brewers to pay Braun for the rest of the season.

Jeez. Good article, and yeah, after reading that I guess it's a pretty equal strength of schedule for all three going forward. All three of these teams are sprinting right now, and we'll just have to see who falls out first.

That said, if the Royals just stay in it and have a near miss getting in to the playoffs, I'll be happy knowing they made MASSIVE progress this year. (Of course, I'll be ecstatic if they actually finally make it for the first time in 28 years, haha. That would be better.).

Also, I'm excited for this Mets series. I like the Mets, and I'd like to think if I was from New York, I'd have the decency to be a Mets fan. Of course I hope we keep the streak going, but I do dig the Mets.

Although John Buck is on my shit list, I remember this from a few weeks ago, lol:
“I played for the Royals, man,” Buck said. “It was not my first blowout.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...s-catcher-mop-article-1.1386780#ixzz2aqq7kjEn

Jeez. Good article, and yeah, after reading that I guess it's a pretty equal strength of schedule for all three going forward. All three of these teams are sprinting right now, and we'll just have to see who falls out first.

That said, if the Royals just stay in it and have a near miss getting in to the playoffs, I'll be happy knowing they made MASSIVE progress this year. (Of course, I'll be ecstatic if they actually finally make it for the first time in 28 years, haha. That would be better.).

Also, I'm excited for this Mets series. I like the Mets, and I'd like to think if I was from New York, I'd have the decency to be a Mets fan. Of course I hope we keep the streak going, but I do dig the Mets.

Although John Buck is on my shit list, I remember this from a few weeks ago, lol:

I will enjoy the day the Royals are good again Duane, it'll be so much sweeter when teh Yanks beat you guys again....

British born and bred.

I'm pretty committed to going to sleep at sensible times these days, so I would only watch day-games live. Which was fine considering 'ESPN America' would show most of them for free.

Now I guess I'm down for mlbtv's free game of the day.

coool. what drew you to the game?

I wouldn't mind continual surges from the Indians and Royals while the Tigers fall off...it'd be a nice change of pace in the playoff picture for once :D

In other news, Indians are facing a pretty hot pitcher in Jose Fernandez. Probably their best pitcher? Where we have Ubaldo going, who's had a pretty superb July.

If we get hot July Ubaldo, I like our chances in clutching some hits and runs from the Fish, otherwise, could be a long night.

Indians have hit good pitchers well all year long. They're great at running up the pitch count, and with no DH, pinch hitting becomes that much more important to us later in the game. Thankfully the Tribe has a great bench.

Still depends on if we get FrankenUbaldo or not though.

JABEE

Dick Allen at the Wall of Fame induction for Curt Schilling.

Edit: Dutch Daulton looks okay. He has terminal brain cancer and is going to be undergoing chemotherapy soon. :(

Top Bottom