• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

tumblr_mrgfq5LCFI1rs467vo1_400.gif

Fuck California. Fuck LA and fuck Puig. Collins is a fucking moron, no reason to pitch to Gonzalez there.

I hope someone hits Puig in in the ribs so he can learn some character.

Well Hawkins seemingly ok after maybe getting hit in the groin there, Ethier finally comes up to bat as the tying run. Dominician Power waiting in the background with baited breath for the outcome, prepared to troll the Mets in case the save is blown.
1 hour later...
Doyers looking like a team of destiny.

vzJxQxc.gif
YES!
YES!
YES!
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Never change Frank. Never change.

I love you man.
glee-cut-you.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Liriano has now had a decision in first 18 starts 13-5, last Pirate to go this long without a ND to start a season was 1965 with 19

ToxicAdam

Baseball needs the Dodgers to be good again. Hope they don't fuck it up.

Indians have 40 games left. They need to go about 26-14 to stand a chance of making the playoffs. Seems unlikely with a west coast trip looming.

turnbuckle

Baseball needs the Dodgers to be good again. Hope they don't fuck it up.

Indians have 40 games left. They need to go about 26-14 to stand a chance of making the playoffs. Seems unlikely with a west coast trip looming.

It's nice having a semi-respectable division again for a change. You guys still have a bunch of games against the Twins and White Socks and a 4 game set against the Astros. A couple series against the Royals too. If they do ok on this trip they're in a good position the rest of the way.

I'm never going into September expecting the playoffs unless Detroit has like a 11 game lead. 2009 and 2011 has made me overly cautious. Hope we can knock out the Royals in this series.

With the proviso that I don't believe in intangibles, character means nothing, "clubhouse guys" only matter when teams are winning, etc...this stat kind of gives me pause:

The Blue Jays with Munenori Kawasaki -- terrible hitter, mediocre fielder, all-around subpar major league baseball player -- on the team: 38-33 (.535 winning percentage)

The Blue Jays without Kawasaki: 17-32 (.347 winning percentage)

Admittedly, he's marginally better than Emilio Bonifacio and Maicer Izturis. But not so much so that he should be making any difference. And yet...the Jays do play better with him around. And without him they're basically the Astros.

Branduil

Going right back where we were a decade ago when games were regularly three and a half hours long. I pity the poor souls who subject themselves to Yanks/Red Sox games.

They're already like that. The problem is pitchers who work super-slow and batters who constantly call time-out. Not to mention all the pitching changes in today's game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Andrus cleared waivers and people are actually surprised he did confuses the hell out of me.

He's a really shitty hitter on a shitty contract.

Instant Replay in 2014 will give managers three challenges. They can only use one between innings 1-6 and will have two available from innings 7-9.

Top Bottom