• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

JCizzle

9543471792_a93acd9bcd_o.gif

Looks like roid rage to me, I wonder if ARod hooked him up along with his bro Francisco.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fuck the Yankees.

Dempster is a piece of shit. He should have been tossed and he should be suspended at least 10 games. Theres no place for that shit in baseball.

Dragon

Banned
Fuck the Yankees.

Dempster is a piece of shit. He should have been tossed and he should be suspended at least 10 games. Theres no place for that shit in baseball.

I feel like anyone in AAA would be better than him at this point so it wouldn't be much of a punishment for the Sox but I tend to agree with you.

eznark

Banned
Heard about the ARod beaning second hand, sounds like ump are going to ignore common sense when it comes to these guys getting thrown at?

Dragon

Banned
He's been more erratic than usual over the past week or so, might be the mental block issue he had coming back again. Speier said he's even having problems with throws to the mound again.

Maybe he should start memorizing playboy models again.

Heard about the ARod beaning second hand, sounds like ump are going to ignore common sense when it comes to these guys getting thrown at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-XUYiPhYoU

Yeah Dumpster should have been tossed for sure.

eznark

Banned
If that umpier escapes suspension this whole thing has reached new levels of fucking ludicrous and the MLB and MLBPA can stop pretending to give one single fuck about player safety.

newjeruse

If that umpier escapes suspension this whole thing has reached new levels of fucking ludicrous and the MLB and MLBPA can stop pretending to give one single fuck about player safety.

Pretty standard procedure when someone is intentionally thrown at. Not often you see a pitcher ejected before warnings are issued. Obviously it can happen. But it doesn't often.

eznark

Banned
Pretty standard procedure when someone is intentionally thrown at. Not often you see a pitcher ejected before warnings are issued. Obviously it can happen. But it doesn't often.

Throw at a guy with four straight pitches and you are ejected. It's not a question of if. In fact in any similar situation the guy would have been warned after the first pitch.

You think if Greinke throws behind Montero first pitch of the first at-bat there isn't an immediate warning? Give me a break.

This is an ump allowing for vigilantism.

newjeruse

Throw at a guy with four straight pitches and you are ejected. It's not a question of if. In fact in any similar situation the guy would have been warned after the first pitch.

You think if Greinke throws behind Montero first pitch of the first at-bat there isn't an immediate warning? Give me a break.

That would be after Puig got hit initially, so the situation would have already been elevated. And the second and third pitches were nothing more than standard inside pitches. He didn't budge.

Dre3001

Not a Yankee fan but

Don't see how Strasburg can get ejected for throwing behind some twice yet Dempster threw at Arod 4 straight times (1 behind him, 2 inside and 1 hitting him) and only get a warning.

turnbuckle

agreed. throw dempster and that ump in the trash

I'm just drive by posting, but fuck Dempster's bitch ass and I am more than pleased that A-Rod smashed that shit

Stay classy Boston

Friggz

Im going to be pretty upset if sabathia doesnt drill sabathia in his fucking head, and kill him in front of the entire fan base. Its games like this where i wish clemens was still pitching.

When the Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun accepted his 65-game suspension in an agreement under the drug-testing agreement, there was a strong, angry reaction from other players.

Some of that may be because of phone calls Braun made in the days leading up to the decision of his appeal, in February 2012.

According to sources, Braun called veteran players around baseball privately at that time to lobby for their support. In the calls -- confirmed by three sources -- Braun told other players that in the preparation for his appeal, some information had become known about the collector of his urine sample, Dino Laurenzi Jr., including that he was a Cubs fan -- with the implication he might work against Braun, who played for a division rival of the Cubs.

Braun, who is Jewish, also told the players that he had been told the collector was an anti-Semite.

The sources indicate that when Braun made his pleas for support to other players, he did so in anticipation of the possibility that he would lose his appeal. Instead, Braun became the first player to win an appeal.

A person close to Braun forwarded this statement to ESPN: "Ryan isn't currently commenting on anything -- rumor or reality -- related to his arbitration process or his suspension. He has acknowledged his mistakes, accepted his punishment, and is beginning to make amends and will comment at an appropriate time."

After his victory was announced, Braun referred obtusely to Laurenzi Jr. in the statement he made to reporters, in which he raised questions about his positive test.

"When FedEx received the samples, it then creates a chain of custody at the FedEx location where he eventually brought my sample to," Braun said in the statement. "It would have been stored in a temperature-controlled environment, and FedEx is used to handling clinical packaging. But most importantly, you then would become a number and no longer a name. So when we provide our samples, there is a number and no longer a name associated with the sample. That way there can't be any bias -- whether it's with FedEx, while it's traveling, at the lab in Montreal, in any way -- based on somebody's race, religion, ethnicity, what team they play for, whatever the case may be. As players, the confidentiality of this process is extremely important. It's always been extremely important, because the only way for the process to succeed is for the confidentiality and the chain of custody to work.

"Why he didn't bring it in, I don't know. On the day that he did finally bring it in, FedEx opened at 7:30. Why didn't he bring it in until 1:30? I can't answer that question. Why was there zero documentation? What could have possibly happened to it during that 44-hour period? There were a lot of things that we learned about the collector, about the collection process, about the way that the entire thing worked that made us very concerned and very suspicious about what could have actually happened."

Braun is expected to speak publicly for the first time since his drug suspension very soon, perhaps as soon as Monday. A source with knowledge of his thinking says Braun wants to make things right again.

Braun sounds worse than A Rod.

People in OT need to know that Dumpster was a name that stuck since his days with the Marlins. From the score it looks like I missed his implosion after the Arod homer.

Top Bottom