• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Meier

I still don't understand how the Dodgers are hitting even fewer HRs this year than last. I don't even know how that's possible. Almost 1/3rd of the way through the season and Kemp and Ethier have 6 combined. Insanity.

You see Chris Davis at 19 now and A-Gone's at 6. Am I taking crazy pills?! At least Hanley should be back next week...

I still don't understand how the Dodgers are hitting even fewer HRs this year than last. I don't even know how that's possible. Almost 1/3rd of the way through the season and Kemp and Ethier have 6 combined. Insanity.

You see Chris Davis at 19 now and A-Gone's at 6. Am I taking crazy pills?! At least Hanley should be back next week...

Because Kemp sucks this season.

The last player who was a homegrown All-Star representative for their team and the year they were drafted:

-- Angels: Mike Trout, 2009
-- Astros: Hunter Pence, 2004
-- Athletics: Andrew Bailey, 2006
-- Blue Jays: Ricky Romero, 2005
-- Braves: Craig Kimbrel, 2008
-- Brewers: Ryan Braun, 2005
-- Cardinals: Lance Lynn, 2008
-- Cubs: Geovanny Soto, 2001
-- Diamondbacks: Wade Miley, 2008
-- Dodgers: Clayton Kershaw, 2006
-- Giants: Buster Posey, 2008
-- Indians: C.C. Sabathia, 1998
-- Mariners: J.J. Putz, 1999
-- Marlins: Giancarlo Stanton, 2007
-- Mets: David Wright, 2001
-- Nationals: Bryce Harper, 2010
-- Orioles: Matt Wieters, 2007
-- Padres: Jake Peavy, 1999
-- Phillies: Cole Hamels, 2002
-- Pirates: Andrew McCutchen, 2005
-- Rangers: Ian Kinsler, 2003
-- Rays: David Price, 2007
-- Red Sox: Jacoby Ellsbury & Clay Buchholz, 2005
-- Reds: Jay Bruce, 2005
-- Rockies: Troy Tulowitski, 2005
-- Royals: Aaron Crow, 2009
-- Tigers: Alex Avila, 2008
-- Twins: Joe Mauer, 2001
-- White Sox: Chris Sale, 2010
-- Yankees: David Robertson, 2006

harSon

Banned
I like how ESPN doesn't acknowledge the Pirate's existence unless they lose. If they win, they're nowhere to be found on ESPN's MLB page. Neither in the Top Stories or Headlines section of the page, absolutely nowhere. But whenever they lose, it's plastered all over the fucking page.

I like how ESPN doesn't acknowledge the Pirate's existence unless they lose. If they win, they're nowhere to be found on ESPN's MLB page. Neither in the Top Stories or Headlines section of the page, absolutely nowhere. But whenever they lose, it's plastered all over the fucking page.

I chuckled the other day when the Braves beat the Mets, instead of the headline saying "Braves Win 8th Straight", it said "Mets Lose 5th Straight".

I was away from the television for a couple minutes and apparently something happened at the Giants game involving the umps and a fan. What happened?

A 6.5 K/BB ratio for a pitcher with enough innings to qualify for the ERA title would be the 2nd best
well, technically 3rd but...
such ratio in the majors. What's so special about 6.5 K/BB? That's the ratio Adam Wainwright would have if you take out his ridiculous 35/0 K/BB stretch that he began the season with. Of course, when you include that hot streak, he has 12.33 K/BB ratio instead.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I know its only May but I feel like posting this gif
GiantsPlayoffChances.gif

Keylow415

I feel you man we can not pitch rite now. Can't field worth a Dame too. We fucking suck rite now and have to do something about our pitching.

Yost is next. Has Brett ever managed before?

Not officially, I don't think, but he's always kind of hung around and pitched in all this time. He has a tendency to haunt spring training and fuck with the rookies, and he played a major leadership role during the All Star game last year.

But hey, at the VERY VERY least, George Brett is going to be in the dugout. IN UNIFORM. Hahaha.

It's a huge morale boost for the team and the city for sure. And you're right, I bet this is an ominous bit of writing on the wall for Yost. Hell, starting today, Ned is no longer the boss of his hitting coach. I can't even fathom him telling George what to do.

And MAYBE George can teach them how to do this:

Brett_George_CF_HR_ToRF_001_SFR.gif

Haha, yeah, that's definitely the classic example of the aforementioned "fucking with the rookies". Actually, it's pretty accepted that he's kind of a weird guy, a merry prankster who fucks with everyone with a really troll-y, dry but harsh sense of humor. Like, I have a friend who asked for his autograph when we were kids, and George grabbed my friend's ball cap and marker and said "sure". Then scribbled his name, handed it back and said "here you go, fuck off". We were like 9 at the time, lol. My friend tells that story to this day, and it gets big laughs from everyone because nobody doubts it's true. That's exactly who George Brett is.

Who's the pitchers in this game?

For the Cards, it's Michael Wacha, who is making his MLB debut. They just drafted him last year, and fast tracked him through AA and AAA.

For the Royals it's Jeremy Guthrie, who just set the all time club record for consecutive games without a loss (at 9). He's only batted twice this year in the one other interleague game he started, and the fact that he went one for two in that game prompted him to tweet this an hour ago:

Jeremy Guthrie ‏@TheRealJGuts 1h
@GeorgeHBrett Welcome aboard George, you have 6 hours to help me maintain my .500 batting average. #Royals #KingGeorge

Im done with ESPN. MLBN all the way.

zulux21

brilliant fielding by the white sox.... ball is popped up and in the air for like 8 seconds, and ends up falling about 5 feet from the pitchers mound, a good 3 feet from the nearest fielder :/

oh hey the cubs pitcher just hit a grand slam :/

Top Bottom