• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Is there a site that tracks GIDP percentage (i.e. number of times a team GIDPs divided by opportunities to GIDP)? I'm too lazy to pull the raw data from b-r and doing all the math myself.

Lexxism

19f9bd1f5b8df55ee16376df8b86af3e_large

I remember that there was someone who asked why Encarnacion kept doing this. I think this is the reason why he is doing that :lol

Carl Pavano's agent has informed teams that Pavano won't be able to pitch this season because of injuries suffered during a snow-shovelling accident in January that required emergency spleen removal. He said Pavano is not retiring and will attempt to pitch in 2014. Pavano, who will be 38 next season, was close to signing a minor league deal with the Rockies before his accident.

carlos

Fat Juan DFA'd wtf

watch this backfire on the braves....

maybe if the hitting coach hadn't altered his swing again, he'd be hitting like in the winter league and spring training.

he's starting to get on my nerves, with the video analysis and mechanics, yet everyone is having career low seasons

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
watch this backfire on the braves....

maybe if the hitting coach hadn't altered his swing again, he'd be hitting like in the winter league and spring training.

he's starting to get on my nerves, with the video analysis and mechanics, yet everyone is having career low seasons
it will, Chris Johnson has been incredibly lucky on balls in play. He will shit the bed, if he hasn't begun already. Not to mention now we have no power threat from the left side of the plate off the bench.

crpav

Any other White Sox fan in here want to go cry while jumping off a cliff with me? Seriously, if they are not giving up 3 homer games to catchers they are giving up grand slams to pitchers.

Link

The Autumn Wind
In my money league I went for Kemp over Trout in the draft and declined a Machado for Stanton trade at the very start of the season lol. Amazing.
My uncle turned down a trade that would have given him Buster Posey for Stanton, even after I told him to do it. I make sure to remind him of it often enough.

Carl Pavano's agent has informed teams that Pavano won't be able to pitch this season because of injuries suffered during a snow-shovelling accident in January that required emergency spleen removal. He said Pavano is not retiring and will attempt to pitch in 2014. Pavano, who will be 38 next season, was close to signing a minor league deal with the Rockies before his accident.

What the hell accident can you get into while shoveling snow that requires emergency spleen removal? That's incredibly obscure/random/bad luck.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/22458488/george-brett-named-royals-new-interim-hitting-coach

It would've been better to hear it from the beginning, though...

Basically he's said that everything in his life he owes to the Royals, and he's never made a dime anywhere else. He owes everything to them, his cars, his sneakers, his kids' cars. He thinks that the current crew are better athletes than he ever was, and he's going to try to be (and I quote) Charlie Lau (his mentor's) ghost. He said he's only promising a month on the job because he doesn't want to make anyone fire him, but he hopes it'll work and he'll be in the spot for years. He says he's scared shitless, but he was every game day of his career too, and he knows these guys are too. He said that over the last three weeks, he feels the same frustration as the players and all of us, and he finally had to get involved.

More than anything, he sounds like a leader, and a proud man. He's proud of the team and the city. He sounds like he should be the manager. So intense.

BLi3BfJCMAAyazU.jpg

So much symbolism in this picture. His defiance, the look on DM and Ned's faces, turning to him, the fitting backdrop of a now much more successful team who went on without us...

I don't think this is a silver bullet answer, of course. But damn, we needed this morale boost. :')

Syrinx

Wait, why is this just coming out now?

sangreal

Haha, The YES pregame guys (flash etc) think Vidal Nuno pitched in the Mexican league, presumably because of his name. Dude is from Cali and he pitched in the (American) Frontier League during his brief indie stint

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mets going for their first ever season series sweep against the Yankees. Let's do this!

EDIT - Nothing worse than a wasted leadoff double.

EDIT 2 - Yeah, I don't think they're getting that sweep.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mets are leaving too many runs on the bases early. Doesn't bode well.

EDIT - Ugh. I know what's coming now.

MiKeD

Banned
My uncle turned down a trade that would have given him Buster Posey for Stanton, even after I told him to do it. I make sure to remind him of it often enough.

Ha, oh yeah, you gotta do that. I've been reminded of my trade numerous times aswell now.

Top Bottom