• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

You could have already guessed Dana said that when TMZ reported on what the doctors were allegedly saying.

Hmmm I can't imagine who could have possibly given them that information. Certainly it was a doctor opening themselves up to a lawsuit, or somebody in Nunes' camp trying to sabotage her. Obviously.
It's the UFC doctors and they likely have a clause that allows for it.

Probably why Dana was so pissed when Khabib went to an outside doctor.

Brazilians love to pull out. It has been happening throughout MMA's history (especially in Pride).

Nunes had a weak moment mentally and instantly doubted herself and immediately pulled out.

If he really wanted to he could probably get Ronda again.
Her stardom has really taken a hit.

Ronda is a mental midget. Always was. Im pretty sure with Travis getting smoked last night it made things worse. Maybe leave MMA behind for good.

UFC can pay her more than any movie studio can right now.

"Can" pay her doesn't matter if she doesn't want to do it anymore. Dana has already gone on the record saying she hasn't asked for another fight, and he's been pretty careful not to mention if he even wants her to

Aww bummer, just saw the news that its looking likely Sweet n Sassy, aka the Young Vagabond, aka Mousasi is gonna sign with Bellator. I'd rather see him fight legit contenders as opposed to default character creator Brazilian fighters with the nickname 'Pitbull'.

Aww bummer, just saw the news that its looking likely Sweet n Sassy, aka the Young Vagabond, aka Mousasi is gonna sign with Bellator. I'd rather see him fight legit contenders as opposed to default character creator Brazilian fighters with the nickname 'Pitbull'.

Not like this Mousasi.

UFC letting Mousasi walk is pretty baffling. If Whittaker needs time off for his jacked up knee Gegard would be a good replacement fight for the belt.

zewone

Lame.

Whittaker vs. Moose would be pretty awesome.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mr Rousey has lost 4 in a row, but there's no way Dana cuts him due to his undying yearning for Ronda's love and acceptance. It will be nice to see him continue to lose, though.

Fox318

Mr Rousey has lost 4 in a row, but there's no way Dana cuts him due to his undying yearning for Ronda's love and acceptance. It will be nice to see him continue to lose, though.
WME bought the UFC because of Ronda. They aren't cutting him.

Dysun

Mousasi and Rory are two fuck ups they shouldn't have let happen. These aren't washed up has been or guys who reached their peak ala Bader/Davis/Henderson.
Bummer

There are two things that make me nervous when people get into slugfests - chin and head straight up and head way forward of the knees. I just feel a devastating KO coming when I see that. And that's the two things Browne does consistently. It feels like the more he fights the more he regresses. Wasn't/isn't he with Jackson Wink? How has that behavior not been trained out of him? He has so much potential and it wouldn't surprise me if he finds his path again but right now he just looks like a mess.

EDIT: Speaking of being nervous for fighter's safety over the weekend, did anyone else gasp and go 'No!" when they saw Gaethje stand on top of the octagon to do a backflip. I thought for sure he'd f himself up big time.

It's the UFC doctors and they likely have a clause that allows for it.

Probably why Dana was so pissed when Khabib went to an outside doctor.

The UFC doctors are kind of sketchy themselves. When Cyborg got popped in her last test it was for something a UFC doctor prescribed to her in order to get prepped for that last fight. I personally don't blame Khabib for getting an outside doctor in his situation.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
There are two things that make me nervous when people get into slugfests - chin and head straight up and head way forward of the knees. I just feel a devastating KO coming when I see that. And that's the two things Browne does consistently. It feels like the more he fights the more he regresses. Wasn't/isn't he with Jackson Wink? How has that behavior not been trained out of him? He has so much potential and it wouldn't surprise me if he finds his path again but right now he just looks like a mess.
He's trained by world class striking coach Edmond Tarveerdeeyan, his girlfriend's best buddy. He strangely started regressing heavily after he left Jackson's.

@shaunalshatti
Mousasi on #themmahour: "Why would a fighter choose to not go to Bellator, where you're going to get treated better?"

Levito

Banned
Fuck this bums me out so much. I don't want him crushing cans in Bellator.

It feels like a waste but when I think about it, can't blame him. Like how close is he to a title shot? Given the UFC's current climate, I think even if he beat like Rockhold he wouldn't get the shot. Bisping has to fight Whittaker, maybe GSP, Romero heat is still real; they would all get a shot before him.

Fight super top level guys for little money and get nowhere even if you beat them vs Crush cans in Bellator for probably a bunch more money.

Weckum

It feels like a waste but when I think about it, can't blame him. Like how close is he to a title shot? Given the UFC's current climate, I think even if he beat like Rockhold he wouldn't get the shot. Bisping has to fight Whittaker, maybe GSP, Romero heat is still real; they would all get a shot before him.

Fight super top level guys for little money and get nowhere even if you beat them vs Crush cans in Bellator for probably a bunch more money.

I understand from his perspective, but I like sleepyface :(

Losing MacDonald, Larkin, and now Mousasi is a bummer. UFC better do something soon to stop the bleeding. Getting rid of the Reebok deal and having the face of the organization stop shitting on his top talent when they get sick or injured would probably be a good start.

I'm sure sponsors and having supportive management behind you are major factors for making the switch but I wonder if not having to deal with the invasiveness of USADA plays a part in their decisions as well?

Levito

Banned
Have any of you ever seen another human in public wear one of those horrendous fight kits?? Even at the gym, I've yet to see one.

Fox318

Have any of you ever seen another human in public wear one of those horrendous fight kits?? Even at the gym, I've yet to see one.

I've seen it once on a treadmill at the gym.

But I'm convinced the guy may have been family of the fighter as it was a prelims fighter.

Nope, not in person. It wouldn't have been a bad idea if the fighters would've had a say in their kit design like originally promised and they were priced close to the realm of what people actually pay for clothing.

Dysun

Zuffa did have a few of these flops, but its more prevalent with WME in charge
The likes of Gilbert Melendez would have been long gone in todays era

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nope, not in person. It wouldn't have been a bad idea if the fighters would've had a say in their kit design like originally promised and they were priced close to the realm of what people actually pay for clothing.

I'm sure that's coming. It only took them a year to get colors other than black and white, these things take time and money and Reebok isn't interested in devoting any of the latter. God if those selfish fighters would just get on the assembly line this could happen sooner but they are dragging their feet because they don't care about the fans. Dana told me so.

zewone

Yo.
KuGsj.gif

kpqGjdSl.png

Top Bottom