• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

dreamfall

It was crazy the way he was taking shots. Literally almost no head movement just covering up- god damn he can take a punch. What a turn around!

Syder

That has the be the best 5 round fight that only went 2 rounds I've ever seen
KuGsj.gif

Heel

It was crazy the way he was taking shots. Literally almost no head movement just covering up- god damn he can take a punch. What a turn around!

That's literally every fight he's been in. It's going to be a fun run while it lasts.

Oscar

Yea that type of fighting style will only take you so far but that was nutty.
Yeah that style has carried him through WSOF.

Dat Homer Simpson chin.

He's got dynamite hands that sleep motherfuckers, MJ can take a punch.

On top of all that, Justin's base is wrestling but he rarely has to use it.

Heel

I think one of his best attributes is his dedication to leg kicks. Had MJ covering up against the cage and decided to just keep chopping. He's got some crazy highlights doing that.

That was like a high quality bar fight. I don't see Gahthe lasting long with that style but he seems like an endearing guy so UFC should just milk him for all he's got.

ldcommando

Banned
^everything but the kitchen sink

Surprised they let a guy who was rocked more than once backflip off the cage like that. No fucks given

brentech

^everything but the kitchen sink

Surprised they let a guy who was rocked more than once backflip off the cage like that. No fucks given

He even fell off the cage twice trying to climb it. I thought for sure when he finally made it up he would jump and land on his neck.

pixelation

Tomorrow's card... hell... all upcoming 2017 cards have a lot to live up to after this fight tonight by Johnson and mothafuckin' Gaethje!

Chesskid1

Banned
i wonder what big john would do if MJ tried to obviously stand up really really slowly

i mean even getting penalized would gain him time to recover

Jesus that fight was fucking MADNESS. So much damn fun.

I have to echo what's others are saying, you can't fight that way for long. If he even has 4 or 5 more fights in a row where he takes shots like that I cant see his chin holding up

But props to Justin it's going to be a fun as hell ride until he can't do that anymore

Gaethje/Johnson was unbelievable. Not sure how far he will go but his style is usually a dice roll. Didnt look too good for him until that quick right uppercut.

Taylor will cash probably 3 more times (going 0-3) until they cut him.

Would love Nate Diaz to take on Gaethje but we all know Nate is waiting on Conor vs Nate 3.

Anybody know anything about Nate and Nick? Nate could have jumped on that Conor momentum after their rematch and would have gotten paid slightly better than usual instead of waiting for somebody he may never fight again.

Nick?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anybody know anything about Nate and Nick? Nate could have jumped on that Conor momentum after their rematch and would have gotten paid slightly better than usual instead of waiting for somebody he may never fight again.

Nick?

They were supposed to have an interview with Luke Thomas yesterday, but they didn't even show up for that.

broz0rs

Amanda Nunes at the hospital and looking like she might have to pull out of the fight according to Twitter.

Adam Hill ✔ @AdamHillLVRJ
Romero and Whittaker will be the main event as Nunes is offically off the card. Under NAC rules, ticket refunds must be offered by UFC

That's literally every fight he's been in. It's going to be a fun run while it lasts.

Agreed. Book him against K Lee then see if the Nate Diaz picture becomes clearer.

And let's pray there's an intervention. Don't want another Liddell, Schaub, etc.

broz0rs

Dana White is a piece of shit. Water is wet.

I was looking forward to Nunes/Shevchencko II, and the loss of that fight is disappointing, but it is what it is, and the main draw to me were the Romero/Whittaker and Overeem/Werdum fights anyway.

That being said, this cards lost some damn good fights. I think this makes 3 fights now: Nunes/Shevchenko, Cerrone/Lawler (again) and Jouban/Camozzi. That last one isn't a terrible loss, but the first two are significant.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
lmao I love it how she conveniently has her coach Mike Brown there to get in some last minute drills. sucks her offer was declined, but would have been insane to let her fight with less than a day's notice.

edit: ahhh.. saw this one coming. Dana throws Amanda under the bus lol

https://twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/883771507784253441

You could have already guessed Dana said that when TMZ reported on what the doctors were allegedly saying.

Hmmm I can't imagine who could have possibly given them that information. Certainly it was a doctor opening themselves up to a lawsuit, or somebody in Nunes' camp trying to sabotage her. Obviously.

crazy how Dana now has to kiss Cyborg's ass to carry WMMA. i mean, there's always JJ but she already beat everyone. Cyborg still has "money" fights with Megan Anderson, Holm, GDR, and Nunes.

Syder

crazy how Dana now has to kiss Cyborg's ass to carry WMMA. i mean, there's always JJ but she already beat everyone. Cyborg still has "money" fights with Megan Anderson, Holm, GDR, and Nunes.
GDR is scared of Cyborg and I'm not sure Holm would take a Cyborg fight either.

Fox318

If he really wanted to he could probably get Ronda again.

Her stardom has really taken a hit.

Top Bottom