• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Heel

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244804848&postcount=30

Vm5rlHW.png

Syder

McGregor is a complete stranger to this world. He's not ready to guard shots against a professional boxer, let alone Floyd Mayweather. If people want to suggest Mayweather doesn't have 'KO power' because he didn't finish a lot of guys then that's fine but he's simply not facing a competent boxer here. Yeah, McGregor has a decent chin but let's see how things go when he's gassed by round 4/5 and can't even keep his heavy hands up.
It doesn't matter if KO power isn't the best part of Floyd's game. Conor is going to be so gassed by round 4 that Mayweather won't even have to try that hard to get shots in.
This was so predictable and still people bought into the hype.

Syder

I love how the wiki page for 216 lists the Main Event as TBA v TBD

Man, can't believe they won't give TBC a title shot.

Fox318

What is it about boxing where everyone becomes an expert after a big fight? I don't see this shit in any other pugilistic sport.

Reminds me of gymnastics during Olympic season.

BSsBrolly

Banned
What is it about boxing where everyone becomes an expert after a big fight? I don't see this shit in any other pugilistic sport.

Seriously, before this fight was announced boxing fans were saying Conor would get ko'd. When the fight actually happened, it shifted to "Mayweather could have ended it anytime he wanted, he was just playing with his food to make it exciting... because he owed us."

Wtf

Fox318

Seriously, before this fight was announced boxing fans were saying Conor would get ko'd. When the fight actually happened, it shifted to "Mayweather could have ended it anytime he wanted, he was just playing with his food to make it exciting... because he owed us."

Wtf

I've had people who had no idea what a jab even looks like come up to me and talk about Conor neutralizing the shoulder roll and fighting like a Mexican.

I've never seen it like this with MMA. Nobody comes up and says Jones should have pulled guard and sweep somebody into an Aoki-plata.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
They just regurgitate what they have already heard. I've dealt with the same shit around like big publicity UFC fights like UFC 200 was particularly bad. Double so because the amount of idiots dismissing me for being female and a fight fan.

They just regurgitate what they have already heard. I've dealt with the same shit around like big publicity UFC fights like UFC 200 was particularly bad. Double so because the amount of idiots dismissing me for being female and a fight fan.

"Lesnar shoulda just hammer fisted that dude from the get go!'

Hammer fist? When they were standing up?

"Yeah! Like plow plow plow and then put him in a sleeper hold!!!"

Uh yeah that would've been a good idea. Ok, I'm going over there now.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
"Lesnar shoulda just hammer fisted that dude from the get go!'

Hammer fist? When they were standing up?

"Yeah! Like plow plow plow and then put him in a sleeper hold!!!"

Uh yeah that would've been a good idea. Ok, I'm going over there now.

Completely accurate statement. To the general populace Lesnar is some unstoppable monster and mark hunt was just some fat samoan. Also, the flyweights are a joke and no 125 pound man could ever take down [insert overconfident sailor or marine].

FUME5

A guy I know had liked an article on Facebook that read something like "Video proof that McGregor was pulling his punches".

It had over 10 million views.

I mean, what would you know about combat anyway?

Levito

Banned

Listen, the entirety of OT played Punch Out on the Wii Virtual Console at least once. They have legit credentials.

Schaub is such a punk bish.

Ultimate Mac nut hugger is there bickering with Nate about McGregor winning rounds then when Nate argues about it proceeds to tell Nate he got tagged a ton by Mac and at the end tells Nate he doesn't have a problem with him lol...uhhh

dream

How the hell can anyone not like Schaub? The guy is articulate as hell, charming, and is A-list gorgeous. He was also smart enough to retire young. And he completely shut down Cyborg Abreu under his own rules.

How the hell can anyone not like Schaub? The guy is articulate as hell, charming, and is A-list gorgeous. He was also smart enough to retire young. And he completely shut down Cyborg Abreu under his own rules.

Brandon isnt a bad guy, i just think he can get annoying if you listen to him for longer than about 10 minutes. Like i tried TFATK for a while and its honestly insufferable, just nothing but a parade of bad dick jokes and "im not gay but i TOTALLY fuck [insert famous guys name here], oh FER SHER, 100% no homo but i bet he's got a piece on him" kinda shit. And if its not that its Shlub talking about his Keto diet. I think he might have annoyed people with his Conor dick riding too, like he was fucking riding that train til it went off the rails, til the point where he literally seemed delusional ("Conor can KO Floyd! Conor has better footwork than Floyd!") etc. Also hes a great role model for people with brain damage everywhere

I love how Schaub thinks he can be a comedian too because he hung too much with Rogan. "I can do that too!"

What a dumb ass.

Him and Callen are to Comedians what your 16 year old nephew who reboots the router for your parents when the internet stops working is to Network Engineers.

He's a fratboy who thibkns he's smarter than he is and never shuts up.

Top Bottom