• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

H8Eqn.jpg

I WANT MY BELT BAAAAAAAAAACK!

6oNVE.jpg

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
All of the bad cards on paper end up being entertaining. I didn't catch the whole card but liked what I saw. I'm glad I didn't have to watch the Blanketman fight.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Dana has got to be thrilled. That was a great UFC card on FX. The 135 lb fight was fantastic. Great way to show off the UFC to new fans.

dream

Oh, I missed the Vitor's Back show because Sherdog was down for the few days preceding the event. What a fucked up way to tally. We all know what's going on here and, more importantly, we all know I'm not a number 11 in anything.

yacobod

Banned
oh damn i forgot about this FX card and didn't submit any picks. they should keep this to ppvs. having to pick strikeforce and b-tier UFC fights is a lot to keep track of.

yacobod

Banned
Like other professional sports retire jersey numbers, Dana needs to retire the mohawk. watching some bum like Easton rock the mohawk is silly. new rule dana make it happen for Chuck.

Dana White: GSP Hates Nick Diaz, Will Be Ready to Fight Him by Summer

"He says, 'I am praying every night when I go to bed that Nick Diaz wins this fight,'" White said. "I have never seen Georges St. Pierre hate somebody. He hates Nick Diaz. I've never seen him so motivated to fight somebody and to beat somebody like Nick Diaz."

Nick Diaz is going to get his ass kicked if he beats Conduit. Motivated GSP was last seen taking BJ's soul.

TheNatural

My Member!
Remember Erick Silva's bizarre disqualification at UFC 142? The one that caused the Brazilian prospect to go from jubilant to despondent in about .15 seconds? The one that made UFC commentator Joe Rogan call out referee Mario Yamasaki's judgment while in the Octagon? The one that made us all wonder why there's no instant replay in MMA?

Yeah, that one? It won't be overturned. Since the fight was in Brazil, with no regulatory commission, the UFC served as the regulator of the fight. They announced that they have no plans to change the fight to a no-contest.

From Marc Ratner, the UFC's vice president of government and regulatory affairs:

"Based on the referee's verbal warnings and his determination that the blows were intentional and a disqualifying foul, this is not the type of decision that can be reviewed," Ratner stated. "Therefore, the decision stands."

However, Ratner did share some good news. The UFC will start using instant replay at their self-regulated, international events, and will encourage state commissions to come into the 90s and use replay.

While it may not be the exact outcome that MMA fans -- or Erick Silva -- wants, it's still a good sign that the UFC is willing to make a change to improve the sport overall.

http://anonym.to/?http://sports.yah...-stand-ufc-implementing-replay-154335851.html

Heel

Unexpected MMA Alert: Jungle Fight 36 will air LIVE on Xbox 360!

This just started on Xbox Live and online on ESPN 3 if anyone is interested in watching. For those that don't know, this is probably the best promotion running in Brazil right now. This is where a lot of the prospects are coming from, most recently Erick Silva. Also ran by the great Wallid Ismail!

Important note:

It's also important to note that ESPN will gauge the audience of Jungle Fight 36 and determine whether they will broadcast anymore live MMA events in the future. In short, if you're an MMA fan -- you will absolutely want to tune in to Jungle Fight 36 tomorrow at 5:30 pm EST. The future of live ESPN MMA events depends on you.

Please support and tune in, because this is awesome to see.

TheNatural

My Member!

This just started on Xbox Live and online on ESPN 3 if anyone is interested in watching. For those that don't know, this is probably the best promotion running in Brazil right now. This is where a lot of the prospects are coming from, most recently Erick Silva. Also ran by the great Wallid Ismail!

Important note:

Not watching. I bet those guys don't get paid 6 and 6.

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

Love that UFC is part of the primetime series now. The production value is just light years beyond the old crappy UFC behind the scenes stuff.

I really liked the build up at the end, "a poet in motion". Some people in this world aren't capable of expressing themselves like the smart and "educated" folk with language.

When I watch this highlight to get pumped for training, I can see an artist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0-H2Sh_45k

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

Important note:

I'm watching 76ers-Heat on tv but I'll keep a tab open with the espn3 stream if only to count as a page hit and used bandwidth.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I've been watching some snippets of Jungle Fight during this game's timeouts. God damn, those Brazilian ring girls are instant dick-stiffeners.

Top Bottom