• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

GSP is more bland than Jim Miller IMO.

but GSP likes to slow motion dance in the club to French rap surrounded by women! And he likes to cut hype promos like "I was not impressed with your performance."

Being bland is fine as long as your fights are entertaining. Your leash is much shorter if your boring and fight boring

Boogie

A rare Boogie sighting. :)

A combination of being busy with work, growing out of GAF a little bit, being depressed about GSP being out of the game, and being pissed off that I DON'T GET SPORTSNET ONE IN MY CABLE PACKAGE! FUCK YOU, CANADIAN CABLE COMPANIES!

Boogie

But how many do you remember?

LOL

*puts on GSP nerd hat*

It's actually five finishes since GSP's last, not six.

He's also had 10 fights in that time to GSP's 4.

He's also lost twice in that time compared to GSP's ZERO.

Plus, the national tragedy of GSP's injury, and the UFC shelving him to coach TUF with Kos.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
That's because you're a hater. :)

Same reason I remember all of BJ's losses.
I don't hate GSP himself, I hate his complete risk-averse strategy when fighting. I get the manufactured bland persona outside of the cage, most athletes do it because it benefits them more with endorsements, mainstream appeal and what. That's business. I do not begrudge him for that. Not everyone can be Mario Balotelli, Terrell Suggs, Ron Artest, etc...but I find not seizing the opportunity to finish opponent and impose your will on them when you're that great to be unforgivable. It infuriated me when Anderson toyed with Maia instead of KTFOing him, it drives me nuts to see GSP completely unwilling to strike with Dan Hardy, unwilling to try to knock out a half-blind Josh Koscheck, to completely freak out after being eye-poked by Jake Shields.

edit: btw BJ Penn digs don't work on me because I'm not a BJ Penn fan like dream and yaco. In fact, I view BJ as a mild disappointment. Sure, he was always entertaining in-cage but he's a dick outside of it and he squandered potential-GOAT status by not having a dedicated work ethic, taking responsibility for his losses, and having the drive to be better after them.

dream

In contrast, Josh Neer is rocking a black t-shirt with "AMMO" on the front and sponsor STICKERS on the shoulders.

bone_and_sinew

I've had enough Josh Neer talking for the rest of my lifetime after tonight. This ratings-poison bore asked for Ebertroll, I hope Ebertroll submits him.

dream

I just don't understand why Dana doesn't get these guys some media training. You know Joe Silva dies a little inside every time he hears his name followed by "puts in front of me.'

bone_and_sinew

Why the fuck am I still watching this? The Ricky Rubio show is on.

edit: just checked the boxscore, yeesh I guess I'll stick to this then.

yacobod

Banned
are the fights worth checking my dvr for?

i was out cleaning up my driveway since i last checked in. young melvin got subbed by a miller brother lol.

i remember when i was hyping up young melvin as a title contender at 155# lol

TheNatural

My Member!

i was out cleaning up my driveway since i last checked in. young melvin got subbed by a miller brother lol.

Brennaman fight was FOTN. Def watch that one.

Back in my early days of watching UFC I could never figure out why Melvin was always on fight nights and never on PPVs, I became a fan of him, thought he would be a contender but damn, he keeps messing up

And yea, check your DVR, especially for some of the prelims

Top Bottom