• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft hiring for new RPG directed by Tetsuya Takahashi

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Monolith-RPG_08-04-24-768x432.jpg

i-need-it-spongebob.gif

Delete it if its old.

Astral Dog

I would like to see something new from Monolith that is closer to an action RPG, were you need to dodge or block and attack,were the enemy patterns actually matter the Xenoblade games combat system feels like playing a rhythm game,there is some customization but its not strategic

Danjin44

I would like to see something new from Monolith that is closer to an action RPG, were you need to dodge or block and attack,were the enemy patterns actually matter the Xenoblade games combat system feels like playing a rhythm game,there is some customization but its not strategic
We have PLENTY of action JRPG with dodging and blocking, you can just play Tales of, Star Ocean or even Mana games if you want action combat.

I personally want either improve Xenoblade's combat system or come up with new combat if its new IP......Either way I completely trust Monolith Soft, they haven't made any game I didn't liked.

Astral Dog

We have PLENTY of action JRPG with dodging and blocking, you can just play Tales of, Star Ocean or even Mana games if you want action combat.

I personally want either improve Xenoblade's combat system or come up with new combat if its new IP......Either way I completely trust Monolith Soft, they haven't made any game I didn't liked.
Yeah i mean, if they were making a new IP that could go in that direction,instead of Xenoblade +

Thats all, they can do whatever they want im sure the fans will be happy either way, i really liked the new Tales game btw , its good there is variety of game

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Their games are not my cup of tea, but I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve come up with.

I just want another game with a good Sawano soundtrack, properly directed and mixed with the game. Mitsuda is good too. I enjoyed his work with Valkyria Revolutions, but the main Xenoblades (not including X) were very hit and miss with me. A few good songs, and a ton of meh.

Danjin44

I just want another game with a good Sawano soundtrack, properly directed and mixed with the game. Mitsuda is good too. I enjoyed his work with Valkyria Revolutions, but the main Xenoblades (not including X) were very hit and miss with me. A few good songs, and a ton of meh.
i-will-kill-you-pissed.gif

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
If that is only starting development, they must have another project cooking, their output throughout the years is pretty great

Kataploom

Gold Member
As much as I love their games, I probably wouldn't work for them. I don't want myself spoiled games content before I play them 😂

wvnative

Hopefully Xenoblade is finally retired and they can go back to making good games like Xenosaga and Xenogears

Man, I agree. I had to force myself through the first two, although I did enjoy 3, I really wish they would drop this formula. It's stale and boring. Either go full action or return to turn-based combat. I'm so board of MMO formula.

They always have the overlap going of a project in full production and a small team working on early stages of the next big project. So I’m sure they have something major planned for 2025 to support launch year lineup of Switch 2

Wunray

I hope it's not another xenoblade game, kinda ready for something a bit different. Or if it is let it be X-2 atleast.

Top Bottom