• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Series |OT| of endless grinding fun

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Won't be able to play tonight, but will be able to go for a while tomorrow.

Get your HR up Emi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Because it doesn't have water combat or...?

And uh, don't fret, my HR isn't top of the line either...

Kuntz

MHFU is great but those terrible hitboxes ... since tri I can't stand horrible hit detection especially with the numerous "hip turn" almost every monster does..

Also to play multi I have to use xlinkkai cause no ps3 :(

I'm back on EU Tri this afternoon / evening so come on people !

Tizoc

Which MonHun game on the PSP/Vita is worth getting if I plan on playing it solo? Or do the PSP games have an online mode?

depward

Which MonHun game on the PSP/Vita is worth getting if I plan on playing it solo? Or do the PSP games have an online mode?

Undoubtedly Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It's a better game than Freedom 1 or 2 (combines everything that is in those games, essentially) and I think it's really the only MonHun game on PSN anyway?

No PSP games have an online mode. However, if you have a PS3, you can use Ad Hoc Party to play online. You'll always see a couple of houses with people playing MHFU at all hours.

Emitan

Does anyone know the best place to get images of weapons? I'm specifically looking for longswords from Tri G/Tri Ultimate.

Tizoc

Undoubtedly Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It's a better game than Freedom 1 or 2 (combines everything that is in those games, essentially) and I think it's really the only MonHun game on PSN anyway?

No PSP games have an online mode. However, if you have a PS3, you can use Ad Hoc Party to play online. You'll always see a couple of houses with people playing MHFU at all hours.

Wicked, will grab it
when it goes on sale >o>

Kuntz

Did a lot of low rank quests to help people and get back my gunning skills, then got into high rank, peco, gobul, barroth... then did the urgent quest "double trouble" with a Gsword user.

First time we ran out of time right before los getting into the final trap to cature him, so we started again with better items (horns are great for gonners) and killed both in half the time it took to fail the first. That was epic and that's why I love this game.

HR 40 unlocked, time to say hello to high rank weapons/armors grinding to finally confront evil-fucking-t-rex.

Emitan

I'm online!

When do you get longswords in Tri? They're what I've been using in Freedom Unite. Tri Ultimate doesn't restrict weapon choices, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GAF DNS was going crazy for me... I should have just gotten on and seen if you guys were on... Now it's too close to Toonami. Sorry'yall. :<

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can get on now! I was offline hunting Rath. Pulverized that motha! Just tell me when you're on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Traps alone can work if it's weak enough. I just whaled on it when it was trapped after you threw the last tranq, I figured what the hell might as well do something.
KuGsj.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We probably shouldn't fight 4 person bosses with 2 people one of whom is extremely undergeared.

You mean two of whom, lol.

How do you tell what are 4 person bosses? Do they just not scale (2-4) if it's online?

How do you know that? Is that just how Tri G's local multiplayer was?
I believe it was said that the quests in the 3DS version weren't built around 4 player groups since getting 4 players in local co-op is uncommon. The quests in the Wii U version are identical due to crossplay between 3DS and Wii U versions.

And unless I missed something, there's no scaling based on the number of players.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ah, that's what I thought then. Should make for a more pleasant experience for noobs I imagine. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll be playing single player in about an hour and can hop online if anyone posts so.

I'll be playing single player in about an hour and can hop online if anyone posts so.
Have you gotten to the Lagi urgent yet? I can join that quest but I still have 3 more HR to go before I can post it myself. HR ginding sucks when you aren't working towards making better equipment. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Alright, I'll be on in about 20-30 minutes.

Edit- Might be a little more, work stuff just came up...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK, sorry, work just sprang up. =/

Let me know if you get on again, I should be ready.

Top Bottom