• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Wilds: New Gameplay Trailer | Gamescom 2024

R6Rider

Gold Member
college basketball GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Think so? Could be. Rey Dau seems more like Anjanath to me in the grand scheme of things.
The way the characters react to it and his face transformation, very likely flagship monster…..but I could be wrong.

Comandr

The new area is officially titled the Scarlet Forest and can be reached from following a river from the Windward Plains.

New temnoceran is called Lala Barina.
onUwXWZ.jpeg

Website has been updated with tons of info.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The new area is officially titled the Scarlet Forest and can be reached from following a river from the Windward Plains.

New temnoceran is called Lala Barina.
onUwXWZ.jpeg

Website has been updated with tons of info.
So you can bring NPC Hunter for your hunts......it nice to see give solo player like me some options.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

So MH World was my first MH game, then I tried Rise and for some reason just couldn't get into it since it felt completely different. Hopefully this is more along the lines of World in the gameplay department.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So you can bring NPC Hunter for your hunts......it nice to see give solo player like some options.
Would be cool if you could choose from a range of NPCs that could rank up and get experience.

Maybe not to the point of grinding for their gear as well. That would be too much.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Would be cool if you could choose from a range of NPCs that could rank up and get experience.

Maybe not to the point of grinding for their gear as well. That would be too much.
I agree and in honestly most of the time Palicoes already super useful drawing aggro and healing you and even buffing you.

Killjoy-NL

So MH World was my first MH game, then I tried Rise and for some reason just couldn't get into it since it felt completely different. Hopefully this is more along the lines of World in the gameplay department.
Isn't this just an open-world MH World?

Or semi open-world.
Is it just one giant world or open-world-ish i.e. each biome has it's own map?

Stafford

Still no concrete date. How perfect it would have been to begin 2025, just like how World came out in January of 2018. Probably a late 2025 release.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Finally some proper big beasties shown. Looks nice enough. Thought that's some sand lagiacrus at first but nope, crap face.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Still no concrete date. How perfect it would have been to begin 2025, just like how World came out in January of 2018. Probably a late 2025 release.
I think it will be early 2025, but also depends on when GTA 6 is releasing.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yup. I fucking love that design, especially when it turn in to Rose.

And its nest is gorgeous as fuck. It basically has rose red color webs.
RE2Rffh.png
The rose transformation reminded me of the fish gold knight

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Last edited:

NanaMiku

It seems the story will be similar to World, you'll be researching a new world.

Right!? I liked Rakna-Kadaki in Rise but this guy looks sooooo much better.
I thought the Charge Blade armor was Rakna-Kadaki, turns out it's Lala Barina lol

MH-Wilds-PV_08-11-24-768x432.jpg

Danjin44

it's the end of the helm breaker. go back and watch that weapon showcase and this is the end of the flurry portion
No that attack looks different. in the trailer your character is doing spin while doing that attack.
J4Z4eKe.gif

Never could get into the monster hunter series. (aside from stories)

This looks sick though going to pick this up. I love the designs of the monsters.

Top Bottom