• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Wilds: New Gameplay Trailer | Gamescom 2024

Wooxsvan

Yup you were right, but GOD DAMN! I'm guessing the fist cut wont do much damage but is the follow up attack is gonna be the one will do the most damage.
ya looks like going to add more risk in landing that last hit, leaving us open to a punish. i wonder if its optional and we can roll out after landing

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
ya looks like going to add more risk in landing that last hit, leaving us open to a punish. i wonder if its optional and we can roll out after landing
I'm wondering if you can cancel that to your special sheath or foresight slash.

After they turned LS into a fully counter centric weapon in Rise I started playing it lol, hate counters all you want, but damn that shit is satisfying. Also having like 5 counters gives you one for pretty much every situation lol from what I’m seeing here LS mains gonna be eating good in Wilds.

Part of me still thinks it’s a little lame that so many weapons have counters now though, because it takes away from what made LN special. But it is what it is, and the feel of the weapons is still very different. Sure they both counter a lot, but LS and LN don’t dance the same dance.

Edit.
Also hole there’s multiple base camps, that shit look drab AF, fuck I’ll take the inside of a downed ship with some blankets up

Last edited:

Danjin44

from what I’m seeing here LS mains gonna be eating good in Wilds.
food-good.gif

Yes we are.

DavidGzz

Not a fan of these games yet. You can see what the talent that should have been helping out with Dragon's Dogma 2 was doing. This looks great. I may finally buy a Monster Hunter.

Danjin44

Not a fan of these games yet. You can see what the talent that should have been helping out with Dragon's Dogma 2 was doing. This looks great. I may finally buy a Monster Hunter.
I will say this as many time I have to….you have time before Wilds comes out, play MH World or Rise and try out all the weapons and see what clicks with you.

This is good opportunity practice weapon of your choice and when Wilds gets released you will be ready.

Pejo

Right into my veins.

Looks like they already got the west's "mandatory ugly/manly female character" out of the way so journalists won't write mean articles about them.

Anyways, that flower spider looks fucking AMAZING. New flagship is like Zino-thlos, kinda 'meh' on it for now, but I"m sure they'll have surprises.

Still not much in the way of blood or hit effects. Some cool new meowves that they didn't show in the weapon trailers, so you know there's all kinds of goodies remaining to be seen. Pop up Palico camp looks neat.

Man I cringe when they have voices on for these trailers. Can't wait to disable it or turn it to Wyverian ASAP when the game is in my hands and installed.

Danjin44

Can't wait to disable it or turn it to Wyverian ASAP when the game is in my hands and installed.
I actually also played World with Wyverian language. I like games with its own unique language like Gravity Rush and Shadow of the Colossus….i think I’m gonna do the same with Wilds.

Danjin44

I kinda hate the Palico is now speaking. Just keep it meowing
Yeah, I agree they kind of lose their charm when you give them actual voice and their English voices not very good.

Definitely playing this with Wyverian voice.

GymWolf

Gold Member
lol rurikhan thought the blonde short hair women a dude lmao
She looks more masculine than the protagonist, i though the same tbh :lollipop_squinting:

new-character-olivia-v0-juqjp4xravjd1.jpg

c_img_07_t.png

I guess that even capcom has to put a token character for the weirdos :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Hahaha, I don't mind if it's only text on the side, like the classic MH
It's more funny like that
You can literally heard that exact phrase in the trailer :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I think i'm just gonna use the usual cat language with various meaow, their voices are too kiddy for my taste.

Pejo

They've almost completely pushed women out of the game. Time for progressive gamers to cheer!

I think everybody knew this was coming but I hate seeing Capcom bend the knee to DEI stuff so blatantly. Can't wait to see the out of place (in the game world) pride shit next June.

I’ve never played this series before. What would be best one to start on?
Rise. Easily the best game in the series. World would be another good choice, as it's the game this team made before Wilds, and is the prettiest game with the largest world and detail to date.

Rise, because of the qol features, like palimutes, and Sunbreak for the npc followers.

Danjin44

Are the controls gonna be heavy/disjointed like RDR2? I couldn't play MHW because of it.
To me there is nothing wrong with MH’s controls, once you get hang of it, the controls works pretty damn well.

If you going in to MH and think it will control like your topical action game then yes you won’t have good time.

Big part of MH’s combat is you are committing to your attack, this why it’s key to study monster’s movement and look for opening or create opening for your attacks.

Last edited:

Danjin44

They've almost completely pushed women out of the game. Time for progressive gamers to cheer!

I think everybody knew this was coming but I hate seeing Capcom bend the knee to DEI stuff so blatantly. Can't wait to see the out of place (in the game world) pride shit next June.
Not really. You still have male and female version of the armour.

The only difference is you are not lock in to only wearing male or female armour-set. Thats no different than in games like Elden Ring when you find female cloths but you can still wear it even chosen male character.

This good for people who do like armour set but dont like the fact in male head set its fully covers the face.

Last edited:

Pejo

Not really. You still have male and female version of the armour.

The only difference is you are not lock in to only wearing male or female armour-set. Thats no different than in games like Elden Ring when you find female cloths but you can still wear it even chosen male character.

This good for people who do like armour set but dont like the fact in male head set its fully covers the face.

Can't agree, but I guess good for people that want to see a man in a dress.

Danjin44

Can't agree, but I guess good for people that want to see a man in a dress.
Its just options, if people want dress up goofy in the hunt, they have that choice.

I would have issue if both male and female armour set looked exactly the same.

Pejo

Its just options, if people want dress up goofy in the hunt, they have that choice.

I would have issue if both male and female armour set looked exactly the same.
I get what you're saying, I do. But I'm not a fan of this heavy progressive push in this Japanese game, one of my favorite franchises of all time. You've seen what shit like this eventually does to games/media in the west, and saying "well it's not so bad, it's just xyz" is what got us here. I am still unhappy with the Body Type A/B gender erasure shit, and this is just another step on that staircase to hell. All in the guise of "oh wow look at all the options we have".

I think combing the male/female armors is just a way for them to get out of designing 2 sets.

Which sucks imo. Less armor diversity.
But they spin it as “looks guys, it’s more inclusive now” which actually has little to do with their choice. It’s just a bonus for social points. It’s actually less work, don’t forget that fact.

I’m hoping the lack of armor diversity within sets means more overall armor sets, as to me, this would be worth the trade. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Danjin44

My only question is that are we gonna grind the armor twice to get both design?
That’s a good question, when we craft armour set are getting both or are we have to craft each of separately?

I think combing the male/female armors is just a way for them to get out of designing 2 sets.

Which sucks imo. Less armor diversity.
But they spin it as “looks guys, it’s more inclusive now” which actually has little to do with their choice. It’s just a bonus for social points. It’s actually less work, don’t forget that fact.

I’m hoping the lack of armor diversity within sets means more overall armor sets, as to me, this would be worth the trade. Only time will tell.
They are not combining, you still have male and female armour set. the weapon videos shows that.

Now in Wilds even if you choose male character you are not lock in to male only armour sets….thats all.

Last edited:
That’s a good question, when we craft armour set are getting both or are we have to craft each of separately?

They are not combining, you still have male and female armour set. the weapon videos shows that.

Now in Wilds even if you choose male character you are not lock in to male only armour sets….thats all.

Wait, so theres still male and female armors? The way it was worded sounded like single armor set that can be worn by both male and female.

Thats fucking great. There were too many times I wasted my sprite gauge bad angle or monster moved away.

This leads me to believe that post-helm breaker attack animation everyone was discussing is a major source of the damage. They wouldn't let you cancel a SHB like that for free. My best guess is instead of the stab commitment from World and the kick-off from Rise, performing the downward slash consumes the spirit level and deals a good chunk of damage but you're going to want to land the follow up attacks to maximize damage. It makes sense, require more hits and maintain the fluidity of LS instead of having a fast and lethal burst attack that does as much damage as a TCS.

Danjin44

This leads me to believe that post-helm breaker attack animation everyone was discussing is a major source of the damage. They wouldn't let you cancel a SHB like that for free. My best guess is instead of the stab commitment from World and the kick-off from Rise, performing the downward slash consumes the spirit level and deals a good chunk of damage but you're going to want to land the follow up attacks to maximize damage. It makes sense, require more hits and maintain the fluidity of LS instead of having a fast and lethal burst attack that does as much damage as a TCS.
It also could be risky using follow up attack if you time it when Monster is in middle of it attack........god I cant wait we get the demo so I can see how really is going to work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom