• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

5* monsters don't seem to be that rare when I am re-rolling, but the ones I get are all bad. I just got Wildcat and she isn't even on the page 2 tier list.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Apologies if I missed something, but I went through some of the JP and TW resources and can't find anything on when or what I should be using the Morlings on.

I get the idea you want to double up stat bonuses by feeding things to each other before the main, but not sure about the Morlings, if they stack, should I stack them (i.e their bonus cap might be too low?)
EXP monsters you can just slam 5 in one go right?

Either way I'm settled into spamming levels on Wildcat and Nanami I guess. I think most 5* are completely fine and the insane surge of gold + 4*/5* at the start is just really skewing things for min maxers.
5* monsters don't seem to be that rare when I am re-rolling, but the ones I get are all bad. I just got Wildcat and she isn't even on the page 2 tier list.
I had Sanada, Wildcat, Nanami who aren't on some of the Eng tier lists, but they are on other sites as A/B/A so whatever.

Shouta

There are some JP sites that explain the other 5 star units. Wildcat looks like she has solid attack and a huge amount of speed but somewhat low HP. Sounds like a usable unit if you avoid letting her hit walls and have someone else to buff your HP.

Vecks

Anyone know if it is possible to evolve first, then ascend later? I'm guessing you can't, but just want to make sure.

There are some JP sites that explain the other 5 star units. Wildcat looks like she has solid attack and a huge amount of speed but somewhat low HP. Sounds like a usable unit if you avoid letting her hit walls and have someone else to buff your HP.

My second spin was garbage, so I re-rolled. I am not tired of re-rolling yet, but hopefully I get something good before I settle.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My second spin was garbage, so I re-rolled. I am not tired of re-rolling yet, but hopefully I get something good before I settle.
Honestly with getting an ok 5* at the start you'll be getting 60 Orbs for free in basically 1-2 days so it's up to you.

Uthred

Having apparently identical looking mobs with different names is some next level trolling, Gung Ho should be jealous ;) After finally getting a Zeus got three dupe four stars in my ten-shot and two fives Harley X and Apollo X

After going through dungeons with 4x Vertical Laser L... I'm going to have to say that having team diversity is probably going to more be important down the line than having any individually strong leader.

Ashodin

After going through dungeons with 4x Vertical Laser L... I'm going to have to say that having team diversity is probably going to more be important down the line than having any individually strong leader.

Having nearly everyone the same ability can make it hard to line up to get them to go off.

Jagernaut

My first 2 pulls were 4 stars so I played coop until I got 50 stones and did a 10 pull. Only got one 5 star, Zeus. I'll keep him and not reroll.

chrono01

My first 2 pulls were 4 stars so I played coop until I got 50 stones and did a 10 pull. Only got one 5 star, Zeus. I'll keep him and not reroll.
Very wise choice.

Once Zeus reaching high levels [after evolving], he seems to absolutely destroy. I can't wait for it. :)

Shouta

I got a 5 star Hikari....didn't see her in the list in the OP, is she any good?

He's OK. has excellent speed but her other stats are somewhat middling. Probably a solid unit to use until you get something more specialized or is generally better. She also is a flying unit and won't hit landmines or get affected by Gravity Fields.

chrono01

So, what's the best way to level up your Units? I've been reading something about fusing other monsters into each other [stat boosts?] before feeding it into your Main, but I'm not sure what it means exactly. I've mostly been feeding the "XP" monsters as I get them, as well as occasionally the stat boosting ones. I'm not sure if there's a better way to do it.

As for evolving, is it similar to Puzzle & Dragons where you evolve up to a certain point, and then "Ultimate Evolve" them further for even increased stats/abilities?

So, what's the best way to level up your Units? I've been reading something about fusing other monsters into each other [stat boosts?] before feeding it into your Main, but I'm not sure what it means exactly. I've mostly been feeding the "XP" monsters as I get them, as well as occasionally the stat boosting ones. I'm not sure if there's a better way to do it.

As for evolving, is it similar to Puzzle & Dragons where you evolve up to a certain point, and then "Ultimate Evolve" them further for even increased stats/abilities?
Fusing monsters into each other is for same-type Morlings so you can compress their stat boosts into one another. Feeding costs go up really high after a while so it's to save on cash.

10roll time!
kmV1uxa.jpg

Not bad, wish that dupe Striker was another 5* though!

chrono01

Fusing monsters into each other is for same-type Morlings so you can compress their stat boosts into one another. Feeding costs go up really high after a while so it's to save on cash.

10roll time!

So it's like +Eggs in Puzzle & Dragons, huh? Gotcha, thanks!

Should I separate the Morlings [Rare and Super Rare] or does it matter? Thanks again for your help, by the way.

Edit: One thing I noticed in the UI is if you tap the Stamina Bar in the Upper-Left corner you can toggle between the time displayed until your next Stamina point or the entirety of it until maximum. That's very helpful.

Draxal

Also with Morlings if you fuse the one with higher level stats into a fresh morling and you get a double bonus it saves a ton of farming time.

So it's like +Eggs in Puzzle & Dragons, huh? Gotcha, thanks!

Should I separate the Morlings [Rare and Super Rare] or does it matter? Thanks again for your help, by the way.

Edit: One thing I noticed in the UI is if you tap the Stamina Bar in the Upper-Left corner you can toggle between the time displayed until your next Stamina point or the entirety of it until maximum. That's very helpful.

Only thing you have to watch out for is that the lower rarity Morlings have somewhat low stat caps, and that they can only take extra stats in the type they already have.

StMeph

Starting with Arthur.

Do you feed dupes for skill up/luck up, or is it better to keep duplicates for now?

I like the art in PAD better, but hopefully the co-op will sway me to stay with the game. Seems interesting, and not that demanding of time, so I see no reason not to keep both.

Draxal

Starting with Arthur.

Do you feed dupes for skill up/luck up, or is it better to keep duplicates for now?

I like the art in PAD better, but hopefully the co-op will sway me to stay with the game. Seems interesting, and not that demanding of time, so I see no reason not to keep both.

Coop is the best part of this game if you join the line group its basically equivalent of having infinite energy.

So what's the downside of Harley x? She, her dupe Harely and some water are my only 5 star monsters.

Again what can I do woth dupes? I have five of aome 4 star monsters.

chrono01

Only thing you have to watch out for is that the lower rarity Morlings have somewhat low stat caps, and that they can only take extra stats in the type they already have.
So basically feed them until I notice they stop gaining stats and then stop? I'm thinking of keeping an Attack, Speed, and HP Morling separate so I can see more easily when they stop accepting certain stats.

Also, I noticed you said "lower rarity Morlings". Do the Super Rare ones not have a cap?

Draxal

So basically feed them until I notice they stop gaining stats and then stop? I'm thinking of keeping an Attack, Speed, and HP Morling separate so I can see more easily when they stop accepting certain stats.

Also, I noticed you said "lower rarity Morlings". Do the Super Rare ones not have a cap?

They have higher caps.

I know the HP lowest one caps at 95 HP, but the attack and speed ones can get those stats much higher.

Fifty

Heyo, my ID is 502,210,266,524

Add me and I'll return the favor. I'm rolling with a Zeus so this should be fun!

wilflare

oh snap.. that means I have been wasting them ><
I didn't notice the cap at all... been just feeding them to my Sanada...

so there's a limit to how much we can boost?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had trouble adding new friends even though I have slots free on my list. Weird.

wilflare

10roll time!

hmm I don't get this
what do you mean by feeding costs?

hmm I don't get this
what do you mean by feeding costs?

The amount of money you have to pay to feed is calculated from the following:
Cost = 1000*BU + sum(1000*MU + 100*BL for each monster fed)
Where BU is the base monster's luck, MU is the material monster's luck, and BL is the base monster's level.

If you keep feeding Morlings as soon as you get them, you have to pay the 100*BL cost every time you do a feed. Since Morlings themselves max at level 1, the cost to stack Morlings together then do a feed with your stacked monsters costs you less coins in the long run.

Faiz

Forgot to add my new ID since rerolling. I will not be rolling again so this ones permanent.

Trying to make up for time lost to the reroll. Zeus is 32, hoping to cap him tomorrow depending on how much time I get - wasn't able to drop into Line tonight though :(

john tv

About Morlings, you'll know when you've maxed out Bonus Stats because they'll turn yellow (along with the associated HP, Attack, or Speed graphic). Here's a JP shot of someone with full bonus stats - see how the numbers are a solid yellow now?

uhW3jvY.jpg

Top Bottom