• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Rahk

Think I must have rerolled over 300 times...

Got 2 Merlins yesterday within maybe the first 100 rolls, then got nothing for ages after that. Then finally a 5 star Ling Zu (not on the tier list), then Merlin again. Had enough now so I'm just gonna stick with this Merlin. I just want to play finally!

ID: 142,026,063,720

LINE also seems like a pretty big battery/data hog; anybody know how to quiet down the notifications?
Go into the chat and hit the top right arrow and you can turn off chat notifications in there.

Also, go to the main menu and then 'More' in the top right and there's settings in there for other notifications.

I can't seem to find how to turn off notifications when members join the group though. I guess I have to turn them off completely.

Raika

Rerolled Zeus on my third try. O_O

My ID is 312, 749, 139, 168. Add me and I'll add you for any leader because I have no idea what I'm doing anyway. :c

mercviper

Just started. Highly suggest doing the LINE group for all of the orbs everywhere. Got a good pull on my first 10 too. Zeus, striker and Merlin. Thanks GAF. :p

I suppose I just need to dump all my boosts into Zeus now?

Also can I assume similar things to PAD in terms of bonus exp from fusing like monsters, and cumulative extra gold costs from fusing boosts?
LINE also seems like a pretty big battery/data hog; anybody know how to quiet down the notifications?
I went to the main menu settings and turned off notifications there. Doing it in the individual chat didn't seem to do anything.

yami4ct

Alright, what is up with the evo dragons some monsters like Zeus require to Ascend? Event monsters? If so, are those events going to be random schedule or some weekly event?

Also, should I hold off on evolving Zeus until I can evolve him that way? I know I can reverse evolutions by using mats again, but I don't know if it would be more worthwhile to save those mats for an evolved Harley X/Hunter King or go right for the base Zeus.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man the friend list is still busted, can't add new guys even though I deleted 6 guys for Gaffers.... :-/

So I knew nothing about this game until this thread. Kind of like how I started playing PAD due to Cosmo's thread. Decided to try it out and was kind of excited to actually reroll til I got something good. Very first game rolled a Valkyrie then Striker as my first 2 rolls. Reading the thread, it looks like that's pretty lucky. I don't mind rerolling, so would Arthur/Zeus be worth trying for? Or should I stand pat?

1AjxlXY.jpg

Einherjar

Is anyone else getting a co-op invite bug?

I've been trying to start co-op battles, but it keeps starting into the same stage no matter what I select. My friend has his stuck on Tyrannical Giant Hard. Mine is stuck on Gear 1st.

For me it says I'm selecting the correct stage, but my friends say the Quest room is always for Gear 1st no matter what.

chrono01

Man the friend list is still busted, can't add new guys even though I deleted 6 guys for Gaffers.... :-/
That's too bad. There seems to be a few bugs with this release, such as the "low memory" error I get every so often despite having a 5S and nowhere near numerous applications open in the background.

I hope it's fixed for you soon!

So I knew nothing about this game until this thread. Kind of like how I started playing PAD due to Cosmo's thread. Decided to try it out and was kind of excited to actually reroll til I got something good. Very first game rolled a Valkyrie then Striker as my first 2 rolls. Reading the thread, it looks like that's pretty lucky. I don't mind rerolling, so would Arthur/Zeus be worth trying for? Or should I stand pat?

1AjxlXY.jpg
Arthur/Zeus are great, but so is Striker. I managed to get him earlier today during my 10 pull [I managed Zeus as my primary roll, and probably 100+ re-rolls ~_~], and discovered that not only is he ranked up there, but also that he's one of the "event exclusive" Units [think Godfest exclusives in Puzzle & Dragons]. So the only way to get him is during this specific batch [Legendary].

I'd say continue on, unless you REALLY want Arthur/Zeus and are determined to re-roll constantly for them. You could also backup your primary data10.bin file now [via iFunbox] and try re-rolling for a bit. If you can't secure Arthur/Zeus, simply delete and replace the current data10.bin in your App Documents folder and you'll have your Striker account back again.

Hige

Very first game rolled a Valkyrie then Striker as my first 2 rolls. Reading the thread, it looks like that's pretty lucky. I don't mind rerolling, so would Arthur/Zeus be worth trying for? Or should I stand pat?
Keep it IMO. I had to roll around 100 times before I got him. I pulled about 9-10 low tier 5 stars before that, so the drop rate doesn't seem that great. At least do some co-op to see what you get on a 10 pull (first 10 co-op partners give 5 orbs each) before considering rerolling.

Longsword

This game is digital crack for a Pokemon collector/kinetic skill-based gameplay fan like me. One of the best games I've ever played. And I've played them all.

serverny

Banned
Sooo, now i have 2 Arthurs.
Generally its ok to feed one dupe to another, but one of them has 5 Luck, another 1 Luck so i have no idea what would be optimal way to go for me :)

cw_sasuke

.... :-/

2014-10-25-11-20-45vsuf4.png

2014-10-25-11-21-046au4r.png

Hope this get fixed soon - seems like im the only one with the buggy friendlist ( playing on Android).

forms

How do I get hold of this in the EU? Is it a free game with in apps purchases one should be able to get hold of the apk I presume?

cw_sasuke

So which are the bosses/dungeons you need to do for the Zeus evolution crystals...Thunderbird ?

I had the same problem too. It's gone when I ranked up.

Ranked up as well since yesterday but it didnt fix the problem for me. Hmm..

Azusa

Event quests list.

◎Some Like It Hot (★4 Hina)
10/24 21:00~10/26 20:59 (PST)
10/25 00:00~10/26 23:59 (EST)

◎Furious Sea-King (★4 Aqua Wyrm)
10/24 21:00~10/25 20:59 (PST)
10/25 00:00~10/25 23:59 (EST)

◎Woodland Plant Monster (★4 Dryad)
10/24 21:00~10/25 20:59 (PST)
10/25 00:00~10/25 23:59 (EST)

◎The Tyrannical Giant (★4 Cormoran)
10/24 21:00~10/27 20:59 (PST)
10/25 00:00~10/27 23:59 (EST)
(Co-op Only)

◎The Great Thunderbird (★4 Thunderbird)
10/24 21:00~10/26 20:59 (PST)
10/25 00:00~10/26 23:59 (EST)

◎The Hard-bitten Rebel King(★4 Lot)
10/25 21:00~10/28 20:59 (PST)
10/26 00:00~10/28 23:59 (EST)

◎Over the Rainbow (★4 Aeterna)
10/26 21:00~10/30 20:59 (PST)
10/27 00:00~10/30 23:59 (EST)

◎Dark Soul (★4 Murdigris)
10/26 21:00~10/29 20:59 (PST)
10/27 00:00~10/29 23:59 (EST)

◎Ray Transformer (★4 Zic Zephyr)
10/27 21:00~10/30 20:59 (PST)
10/28 00:00~10/30 23:59 (EST)

◎Buckets of Blood (★5 Delugian)
10/27 21:00~10/31 20:59 (PST)
10/28 00:00~10/31 23:59 (EST)
(Co-op Only)

http://us.monster-strike.com/news/new_event_quests_10251028.html

Wanchan

So...where do I get the final evolution material? that multicolored stone?

If it's like the JP version :

http://www.dopr.net/mon-st/【モンスト】獣神玉の入手方法

- It's a rare drop from the daily "evolution material" dungeon*. (not sure of their translation, link below)
- You can get 1 by completing one multi stage but it's late in game.
- You can trade 100 of each colored glass stone for 1 multicolored stone (not recommended!) <- it's silly to trade evo mats AT ALL in this game since it's not worth it, never do that.

http://www.dopr.net/mon-st/【モンスト】進化素材入手場所

*Monday : Light/Dark Stones
Tuesday : Fire Stones
Wednesday : Water Stones
Thursday : Wood Stones
Friday : None
Saturday : Fire/Light Stones
Sunday : Wood/Dark Stones

But i'm not sure they're using the same day/element in the US version as the JP version...

cw_sasuke

So you have to do the Thunderbird Dungeon for the Zeus Evo material ? The yellow stones ? On which difficulty ?

Dunlop

crapton of rolls and got a Merlin, didn't notice he was on the list in the OP so I erased it. Billion more roles and got a Apollo which is not on the list

AAARRRRRGGG!!!

:p

Wanchan

So you have to do the Thunderbird Dungeon for the Zeus Evo material ? The yellow stones ? On which difficulty ?

Thunderbird Dungeon is primarily to get Thunderbird, which you can either use as a monster in your team (i guess since the game just begun), but later on those event dungeon/monster/boss 4* are used as feeder only. Some 5* needs Thunderbird to evolve 6* in their second form, Zeus need 5xFire Dragon or 5xDark Dragon (3x only if you evolve him with stones) so look out for those dungeons/event. (i recommend Dark Dragon since it's Dark Evo is a bit better than his Fire evo).

If you're looking for yellow stones, like the yellow glass stones (big round one), it's best to wait for the daily material dungeon but you can probably find some in any Light Dungeons.

Top Bottom