• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monsters' Den Chronicles |OT| Tactical Dungeon Crawl/Roguelike for Mostly Free!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
i31JrKdbV0yuj.png

I somehow missed the launch of this game, despite being an avid fan of the last two entries. Monstrum Games for the win, Godfall will be bloody amazing for sure but this is a great stop gap release rounding off a very nice trilogy for the series.

idqIpkgL2y8wV.png

You'll assemble a four member party and kick monster ass in random dungeons, gaining a ton of loot and skills. If you've played previous Monsters' Den games this is more of the same. Way more. For example now you have Diablo style sockets for most of your gear. All units also get an active timer gauge similar to some Final Fantasy games. Additional information in the wiki.

ibuS1zKNAD7JpE.png

The presentation is of course changed, or rather upgraded quite a bit, but the fundamentals, the intuitive interface and no nonsense approach, remain as good as ever. Apparently there's some Premium content too (additional classes being the biggest deal, but you still only get four party members so they are just different, not advantageous) which includes item and setting bonuses but the game is great without it. Of course you could still buy it to support the developer and thus the true sequel if you grow to love it.

in9a4ZTRfvNDP.png

Play it here, or here, or anywhere else you can find it! For free if you want it that way!

ibPcIFpteySLc.png
iNmDHuBX98hta.png
io1eJVJ73w8rV.png
ib2mxOX0LGcaRA.png

Kill me for making an OT for a browser game if you must but you'll be the one missing out if you don't at least try it out. By the way, these days you get cloud saving in most of these browser game portals if you make an account. It's quite the convenience for such potentially long games where you may fear that web based data could easily be lost wasting your progress. Not if you login!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I guess this not being on iOS or similar makes people not care. Your loss, GAF!

Top Bottom