• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Characters revealed for Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum

Seems Hanzo and Fuuma from World Heroes fame has enter the arena along with Tung Fu-Ru (Fatal Fury), Kim (Fatal Fury) and Asura (Samurai Showdown). Plus the two new characters (Yuki and Ai) are revealed.... No Fio...:(

2004090258338.jpg

2004090258337.jpg

2004090258336.jpg

sam06.jpg

sam05.jpg

The Professor from the madman's cafe also had this to say (you can find more tidbits at the link below):

"The World Heroes series is a product of ADK-- as the game's title suggests, NeoGeo Battle Colesium will include characters from not only SNK, but from other publisher's games that were released on the NeoGeo. Representatives at the show commented that the characters announced today are "just the tip of the iceberg", and that more characters will be revealed in the future. 8 character slots on the character select screen are still marked with "?"s-- some of them will be revealed at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show later this month."

http://planetps2.com/mmcafe/

So my dreams of having Elta from Magican Lord might come true
2ch_are.gif

Maybe we'll have Bub and Bob from Puzzle Bobble...doubtful, but it would be quite fun. I agree that we need Fio; she is the character I always use in Metal Slug games (when available).

Hari

Banned
I hope to god that it's ported to a console with online support.

Also, It would rock if Kim Dragon made it into the Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum roster. :)

MoxManiac

Wow, that's awesome that their taking characters from non-SNK NeoGeo games. I wonder if we'll see any Breakers or Fighter's History Dynamite characters?

I'm kinda dissapointed they went with the Ryu/Ken clones from World Heroes though; I would have like to see Mudman, or Captain Kidd.

I can't wait. Hail SNK on Atomiswave, Marco will be a blast but i fear the coming of SNK's version of Cable (MvC2) in him. 2D love for life.

XS+

Banned
WOOHOOO!!!! ADK characters! Let's get some Magician Lord lovin' in there while they're at it! (and here's hoping for cameos from Agressors of Dark Kombat, Ninja Master's, and all those other crappy ADK fighters)

NBC has officially obliterated Crapcom Fighting Rehash.

I would've gone to this Amusement Machine Show if I knew where it was held exactly.. at least I'll get to play this all at SNKP's TGS booth (which will be the most interesting and entertaining booth by far with the hottest booth babes, if TGS 2003 is anything to go by).

HAOHMARU

This game has me drooling with anticipation. Imagine the possibilites!

Do you think they could have every character from an SNK fighting game plus some extras from non-fighting games? Could we see over 80 playable characters! I hope so.

(It doesn't look like it from the character selection screen though... :( )

explodet

HAOHMARU said:
(It doesn't look like it from the character selection screen though... :( )
Yeah, but that "tip of the iceberg" comment is interesting... perhaps there's more if you scroll down...

*keeping hope alive*

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
HAOHMARU said:
Do you think they could have every character from an SNK fighting game plus some extras from non-fighting games? Could we see over 80 playable characters! I hope so.

Considering that the most playable characters to ever appear in an SNK game is half that number (there are I believe 40 or so characters in NeoWave) I'd say the chances of getting 80 characters is about 0%. Don't get your hopes up. You'll be lucky to see 30.

XS+

Banned
JC10001 said:
Considering that the most playable characters to ever appear in an SNK game is half that number (there are I believe 40 or so characters in NeoWave) I'd say the chances of getting 80 characters is about 0%. Don't get your hopes up. You'll be lucky to see 30.
You're not expecting to see a roster numbers boost with the new/better hardware?

I'm not expecting 80, but 40-50 seems reasonable.

HOLY SHIT! Tung Fu Ru and World Hero's characters?!?!?!!?!? This game will be the best ever!!!! This is one kick ass roster so far...

*prays for Gen An and Mudman*

Please have Kensou. This game has me all excited again for 2D in a big way. May 2005 be the year that 2D make a huge come back.

siechoke.gif

bun2.jpg

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
XS+ said:
You're not expecting to see a roster numbers boost with the new/better hardware?

I'm not expecting 80, but 40-50 seems reasonable.

NeoWave's roster didn't really increase now, did it? I mean, KOF98 is just a few characters shy of that. If they were going to use the new hardware to boost the rosters they would have done it with NeoWave imo. They could have made it a dream match with every Neo-Geo KOF character (which is what everyone wants) but they didn't.

Like I said, you'll be lucky to see 30 characters in this game. 50 is the absolute max.

Riskbreaker said:
The Professor from the madman's cafe also had this to say (you can find more tidbits at the link below):

"The World Heroes series is a product of ADK-- as the game's title suggests, NeoGeo Battle Colesium will include characters from not only SNK, but from other publisher's games that were released on the NeoGeo. Representatives at the show commented that the characters announced today are "just the tip of the iceberg", and that more characters will be revealed in the future. 8 character slots on the character select screen are still marked with "?"s-- some of them will be revealed at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show later this month."

http://planetps2.com/mmcafe/

So my dreams of having Elta from Magican Lord might come true
2ch_are.gif

Just need some Breakers Revenge, Astra Super Stars, and Waku Waku 7 representation up in here then. :)

XS+

Banned
JC10001 said:
NeoWave's roster didn't really increase now, did it? I mean, KOF98 is just a few characters shy of that. If they were going to use the new hardware to boost the rosters they would have done it with NeoWave imo. They could have made it a dream match with every Neo-Geo KOF character (which is what everyone wants) but they didn't.

Like I said, you'll be lucky to see 30 characters in this game. 50 is the absolute max.
Come on, NW is SNKP's 1st outing on AW hardware, you can't draw conclusions from only one example.

I can do the same thing: CvS1's 30-character roster (NAOMI) wasn't all that larger than say SFA3's 25 (CPS2), so you shouldn't expect any huge rosters from other Capcom NAOMI fighters-- but MvC2 and CvS2 on NAOMI sport 50+ characters in their games..

I'm just saying there's no reason to rule anything out just yet.

AfroLuffy

If you watch the video posted above,
you'll notice there's a grey/black toned screen
naming various neo geo games, from that we can
only assume that characters from each game will be
represented.

Unfortunately, nothing unusual was shown, except the
game title, aggressors of dark combat , which
i'm not familiar with.

Personally, I'm praying for magician lord, last blade,
sengoku, more SS, and any other characters they'll give me,
with new sprites of course--the least predictable roster the better!

When's TGS?

XS+

Banned
AfroLuffy said:
i'm not familiar with.

When's TGS?
ADK was an over-the-top, combo-happy fighter (with a little wrestling/beatemup elements to it) that guest-starred Fuuma from WH..

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/agressors_of_dark_kombat.shtml

And TGS is the 24-26 of this month. Can't wait, SNKP's booth is gonna kick ass. And I'll have pics n vids of all the action.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Very nice. :) It's hard to tell if that Tung sprite is from Real Bout Special/2, but his super is certainly all new! Cool seeing Fuuma and Hanzo, but do you really need them BOTH? I'd rather see some characters make it in from Ninja Master's, which is without a doubt ADK's best fighting game. There doesn't need to be any characters from Agressors of Dark Kombat, because all their designs sucked...I'll take the main character from Magcian Lord instead.

And here's hoping for some Galaxy Fight or Waku Waku 7 characters, Sengoku 3 characters, more Metal Slug guys, 2D versions of the characters from Shin Oh Ken...man, they have a larger roster to choose from; I hope it's not just KOF with some extra guys from a few other titles. I like Kim, but why not use the Kim from Fuun Super Tag Battle instead? How about adding in Gozu, Mezu, or Rosa?

Hotsuma

They showed footage from King of the Monsters! I wonder if Astroguy is going to be in? Other than that, the animation looks kind of stiff on the characters. I was expecting MvsC2 quality animation.

AfroLuffy said:
If you watch the video posted above,
you'll notice there's a grey/black toned screen
naming various neo geo games, from that we can
only assume that characters from each game will be
represented.

i'm not familiar with.

Personally, I'm praying for magician lord, last blade,
sengoku, more SS, and any other characters they'll give me,
with new sprites of course--the least predictable roster the better!

When's TGS?

Am I seeing things or did the word Baseball Stars appear in that video??? It would be funny if they did have players from Baseball Stars or even better Bonus Kun as the last boss..:)

OT: For those expecting more characters to be announced for CFJ....Reports from Capcom at the AM show said all of the characters have already been revealed (21 characters).

Bebpo

Banned
Riskbreaker said:
OT: For those expecting more characters to be announced for CFJ....Reports from Capcom at the AM show said all of the characters have already been revealed (21 characters).

Wow, this will be Capcom's worst fighting game in a while I do think. What a grand way to make a return to 2d fighters :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Bebpo said:
Wow, this will be Capcom's worst fighting game in a while I do think. What a grand way to make a return to 2d fighters :(

:(

I still will remain optimistic, but I'm just not expecting much from this title. And if it doesn't do that well, Capcom had better NOT use it as an excuse to stop making new 2D fighters. :\

(But realistically speaking, it's going to be more successful than Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum just because it has the Capcom name on it. :p )

Top Bottom