• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morrowind sorta killed my desire to play Fable

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MrAngryFace said:
I sorta wanna care, cause jesus, everyone else does.

Are you saying that Morrowind was so good that you don't need Fable, or Morrowind was so bad that you don't want to make that mistake with Fable?

Peter Molyneaux sorta killed my interest in Fable. Has he ever made a legitimately good game, or has he just made a bunch of games where you go "oh wow, that's a cool concept" and get really excited the first thirty minutes you play it and then you never touch it again because it actually sorta sucks?

Did he make Powermonger? 'cuz Powermonger was pretty fun in the long term.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Drinky Crow said:
Peter Molyneaux sorta killed my interest in Fable. Has he ever made a legitimately good game, or has he just made a bunch of games where you go "oh wow, that's a cool concept" and get really excited the first thirty minutes you play it and then you never touch it again because it actually sorta sucks?

Every game he made before B&W falls into the "legitimately good game" category for me, maybe you should qualify which games you're talking about.

I agree with you Drinky that's why I'm steering away from Fable (even though it's hard to resists with all the hype). Everything I've read sounds like all the "freedom" the game gives you would get old in about 30 min.

I love Morrowind though.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Drinky Crow said:

peter molyneux didn't make fable, thankfully, which is why it has really good (read: fun) gameplay.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Well Fable seems to have turned more into a Zelda-type game than a stats driven RPG like Morrowind. I don't see that as a bad thing -- although it is disappointing that many of the promised features didn't make it into the game, it seems as though what WAS released is an excellent game. I'm looking forward to playing it.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Why don't you sorta try it out and see if it sorta appeals to you. You can sorta head over to a game store and sorta ask the manager if he can sorta put the game in the system for you.

Edit: And just in case you get addicted to Morrowind, see you in a few months.

Top Bottom