• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 – Official Omni-Man First Look

SJRB

Gold Member
I hate this so much. Not only is the game barely out and they're already pushing DLC while the technical state of the game is suboptimal, but bringing in random characters from outside MK sullies the entire experience. It ruins the immersion and the "soul" of MK.

Makes MK look cheap, B-tier.

Next up on the DLC roster: Timothee Chalamet's Willy Wonka! Watch as this beloved character melts Sub-Zero's face into chocolate!

I hate this so much. Not only is the game barely out and they're already pushing DLC while the technical state of the game is suboptimal, but bringing in random characters from outside MK sullies the entire experience. It ruins the immersion and the "soul" of MK.

Next up on the DLC roster: Timothee Chalamet's Willy Wonka! Watch as this beloved character melts Sub-Zero's face into chocolate!
Welcome to modern gaming my brother.

Game looks fucking AI generated like 95% of recent games. The fatalities are also so bland.
In the past games, fatalities had a creative and funny flair to them because they were some kind of special ability of your fighter and they managed to do some crazy shit with those. But they even fucked that up.

And I bet this DLC was also ready months before the actual game released. Gotta keep the kombat passes comin'!

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Guarantee Homelander will be a reskin of him too.

The trailer is pretty good and so are the scenes but man I'm just not feeling this MK at all, maybe when they release the inevitable Komplete edition for under $30.

Power Pro

Welcome to modern gaming my brother.

Game looks fucking AI generated like 95% of recent games. The fatalities are also so bland.
In the past games, fatalities had a creative and funny flair to them because they were some kind of special ability of your fighter and they managed to do some crazy shit with those. But they even fucked that up.

And I bet this DLC was also ready months before the actual game released. Gotta keep the kombat passes comin'!
I thought the same thing. The best Fatalities in the game are the kameo ones, and that's because most of them are taken from older games. All the new ones are about how gruesome can we get, but there's no panache or creativity to them.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
MK2
UMK3
MK Deception
MK Shaolin Monks
MK9

All you need, brothers.

WB are sacks of shit that dont care about MKs 30yr history which is why we havent and wont get any sort of HD Kollection at all. Fuck even arcade versions of MK1, MK2 and UMK3 in a package would be amazing and sell tons

Rheon

All of this sums up exactly how I feel.

Whoever's in charge of MK now has no idea what MK even is anymore and just continually shits on its legacy.

So sad to see.

Inspector Q

The sad part is that Willy Wonka idea you have would have me a hell of a lot more pumped than any of these DLC options, lol.

The even sadder part is that I actually care about the "lore" of MK and the last few games have dragged it through the mud. Their insistence on time travel shenanigans has killed any and all stakes in the series. A character dies? No big deal, there are a million other "versions" of them from various timelines. The villain is going to win and the world is going to be destroyed? No big deal, just go back in time and change everything.

It's to the point where the actual MK characters now feel like the guest characters that you mentioned. This Raiden is no longer "our" Raiden. Hell, in this game Kuai Liang takes Hanzo's Scorpion moniker, his clan and even his freaking WIFE, lol. What kind of numbskull writer came up with THAT garbage?

In a similar vein, WTF were they thinking with the change to the intro dialogues? They freaking suck ass in this game. Only two lines of dialogue and they only appear in very specific modes to the point where you will never see them if you are mainly a single player gamer. This combined with no longer having customizable intros and outros for your characters gives them a LOT less personality.

Anyway, I realize that this rant doesn't have much to do with Omni-Man so I will stop here, lol.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Not sure what the complaints are about. Omni-Man is a brutal and fun character to add to the MK1 roster, especially since the lore now crosses timelines/universes.

Looking forward to the others.

He looks fucking fantastic. MK games are trash tier to play when it comes to fighting games but I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting the game and invading the player base as an Omni-Man pure whether I get stomped or not.

Also of course they're only gonna use show only material, don't wanna scare the casuals or spoil them with comic content.

Top Bottom