• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Interfectum said:
Do we know whether or not we'll be able to pick up the other 'pre-order' shit down the line via paid DLC?
We'll know for sure next week. Everything points to the preorder extras being an unlock key, and that the same stuff can be unlocked through The Krypt..at a really high price.

fernoca said:
Liu Kang was killed at the beginning of Deadly Alliance..just because Shang Tsung wanted to kill him and did (basically). :p

Scorpion never became the main character. He was left for dead (even when he's already dead) at the end of Deadly Alliance, then met the Elder Gods which turned him into their personal warrior in Deception. But that didn't lasted long, and in Armageddon he turned against them.

One thing I did noticed while making the summaries...Scorpion all he does is whine and complain. XD
They actually almost turned Scorpion into Monster but decided to leave that for Konquest mode only in Deception.

556px-MKDMonster.jpg

fernoca

Khezu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8oVya9_DXA&hd=

That machinma live stream event is starting in an hour, have they said if its going to be the full game or not? I see no reason it shouldn't be, but it would really suck if they streamed the demo for 4 hours.

Based on the description it should be the full game

The developers of NetherRealm will be joining Mortal Kombat: Legacy director Kevin Tancharoen and Machinima Respawn hosts Hutch and Mr. Sark in showing off the game one week early!

fernoca

:p

Added a few things I forgot in the Media-section:
- Kitana CG render (Media)
- Ladies of Mortal Kombat cosplay-videos (3) (Media)

so having a janky sdtv, was there any news if you can customize the screen size at all?

ill still get the game, but the fighters are like 1/3 the height they are and the vertical space is like 2x as big as the hd videos and it makes me sad in my pants.

ZombieSupaStar said:
so having a janky sdtv, was there any news if you can customize the screen size at all?

ill still get the game, but the fighters are like 1/3 the height they are and the vertical space is like 2x as big as the hd videos and it makes me sad in my pants.
Does anybody know why this is?

Proc

_dementia said:
Has there been any talk of a PC version? OP mentions 1080p.

I'd love a pc version.

I can't resist launch hype though. I'm going to grab the ps3 standard edition. I love how the demo played with the pad.

ZombieSupaStar said:

I think the game is just Vert- for widescreen, which means that the width of the play area is exactly the same (and it has to be for gameplay purposes), but you'll get extra vertical elements drawn in 4:3. The camera itself zooms in when the characters are close though so I don't think it'll look as bad as some of those comparison shots that came out for the demo.

_dementia said:
Has there been any talk of a PC version? OP mentions 1080p.
Boon recently said on Twitter that hes always amazed that people ask for PC versions of MK and wondered if anyone actually played fighting games on PC. Its clear the only reason why PC versions of MK1-4 got made is because they were outsourcing all versions at that time and those third party companies wanted to take advantage of their porting work for other systems and bring that over to PC for a quick buck.

edit: Heres the tweet from Boon http://is.gd/bQtNUy

@noobde said:
I'm always surprised how many people ask for MK for the PC. Do people play fighting games on PC's?

If you guys want a PC version, respond to that post.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So im not a fighting game fan, that whole area confuses me but seeing the videos for this make me want to watch it :O looks so cool, fluid and smooth.

I know theres a mvc and sf4 scene, is there an mk scene? Or is the general esports scene embracing this game?

No offense but the OT subtitle sucks. It should have been something cool like "Your brojours soul is MINE!" or "It has begun" or "Those are $500 steroscopic glasses asshole"

Mr Cola said:
So im not a fighting game fan, that whole area confuses me but seeing the videos for this make me want to watch it :O looks so cool, fluid and smooth.

I know theres a mvc and sf4 scene, is there an mk scene? Or is the general esports scene embracing this game?
It's going to be at Evo and there will be a separate $21,000 prize pot tourney for it a month after release, so there should be a competitive scene for it.

Hey fernoca, great job on the OPs. The way you were downplaying how good it was going to be, I was expecting much less.

I did notice a few small errors-
1. It wasn't mentioned by anyone or anywhere that Ermac, Kitana, and Mileena would have classic fatalities with preorders, only classic costumes. You were correct with Jade though (with the Blu-Ray movies) only having a classic costume.

2. No mention of Toasty anywhere in the OP? Unbelievable. Also there's a message "Toasty Bonus", that randomly appears in the Demo and final game with Toasty and gives you a full Super meter.

Did I just see a Reptile Alt? Only took a quick peak, because as I said, still at work :(

And yeah, I think I'll want to wait on seeing story mode stuff.

Looks im gonna have to preorder MK Collectors edition and MK bluray to unlock the REAL Reptile, Jade and Ermac. I kind of want Kitanna and Scorpion too is it likely that they will be released as DLC down the road?

Anticitizen One said:
Looks im gonna have to preorder MK Collectors edition and MK bluray to unlock the REAL Reptile, Jade and Ermac. I kind of want Kitanna and Scorpion too is it likely that they will be released as DLC down the road?
They might be unlockable in the krypt.

Anticitizen One said:
Theres a chance everything is unlockable in the Krypt. We don't know yet.

Anticitizen One said:
We are all hoping they are unlockable in the Krypt but there has been no confirmation either way as of yet.

edit: TRIPLE BEATEN

fernoca

Anticitizen One said:
No offense but the OT subtitle sucks. It should have been something cool like "Your brojours soul is MINE!" or "It has begun" or "Those are $500 steroscopic glasses asshole"
The original plan was to not add any subtitle; but all suggestions were considered, and in the end ended with one that fit the thread and made sense, rather than shoe-horn a subtitle, for the sake of trying to be funny or being witty. :p

Tried also to not use "expected subtitle".
References to the movie like "It has begun", "$500 sunglasses", or game references like "get over here", were expected and over-done, not to mention that it didn't made sense for the thread.

A subtitle that referenced the use of 'K' instead of 'C' was already used on the DC Universe thread so that one was also out of the question. Funny/taking shots-kind of subtitles like one of the planned ones I had "The kool kids in front, back of the bus Street Fighter", or other ones like "it's kool to like MK again"; were going to probably cause a few "lols", but also piss off a few people.

In the end, I prefered to play it safe and use one that made sense as it's not only the concept of the game, the concept of the thread itself and the name of one of the achievements in the game.

;)

Mr. E. Yis said:
Hey fernoca, great job on the OPs. The way you were downplaying how good it was going to be, I was expecting much less.

I did notice a few small errors-
1. It wasn't mentioned by anyone or anywhere that Ermac, Kitana, and Mileena would have classic fatalities with preorders, only classic costumes. You were correct with Jade though (with the Blu-Ray movies) only having a classic costume.

2. No mention of Toasty anywhere in the OP? Unbelievable. Also there's a message "Toasty Bonus", that randomly appears in the Demo and final game with Toasty and gives you a full Super meter.
Thanks. :p
There are conflicting reports about #1, some stores list both some stores don't; I'll update that when there's a final confirmation.

I'm working on adding #2, later this day. need to finish some other things first. Probably under the Game Basics area... :p

derFeef said:
God why are they streaming story?
I guess its good for people who didn't really understand the concept of story mode in MK to see some of it. People who skipped out on MK vs DC are probably don't know the scope of what it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom