• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

GrayFoxPL said:
Pretty shitty preorder bonus and lot of noise(gamespot commercials) for nothing if it's simply unlockable in the Krypt.

Boon said on Twitter that costumes are unlockable in the Krypt. He didn't say these ones specifically, but I think it was implied. And given the amount of Pre-order costume bonuses, I'm pretty sure everyone would be pissed off if they were not Krypt unlockable. I'm betting they will be.

GrayFoxPL

Chairhome said:
Boon said on Twitter that costumes are unlockable in the Krypt. He didn't say these ones specifically, but I think it was implied. And given the amount of Pre-order costume bonuses, I'm pretty sure everyone would be pissed off if they were not Krypt unlockable. I'm betting they will be.

Alternative costumes(not classic) were always unlockable in the krypt, it's how it worked past few games.

Chairhome said:
Yep. It would be a nightmare for us MK fans to go around trying to collect all of the pre-order bonus costumes. I pre-ordered from Amazon but I considered pre-ordering from Gamestop too and just returning the game a few days later (is anybody trying this?).

I'm banking on it not worth the effort if they are available as paid DLC or Krypt content.

Chairhome

Screw whoever told me I was wrong in the demo thread and that the speed was the same as the PAX East build as it was in the demo. The live stream looks like a similar build (same characters) and it looks waaaay faster than the demo. When I played the demo it felt like molasses compared to when I played the PAX East one.

Chairhome said:
Screw whoever told me I was wrong in the demo thread and that the speed was the same as the PAX East build as it was in the demo. The live stream looks like a similar build (same characters) and it looks waaaay faster than the demo. When I played the demo it felt like molasses compared to when I played the PAX East one.

Remember that it also depends on the characters. In the demo Scorpion and Cage were fast and Sub-Zero was extremely slow. Other guys like Noob, Smoke and Kratos look like they are even faster.

GrayFoxPL

Chairhome said:

Not me. Peeps mocked me when I said it looks faster.

mjc

Wow, that is one hell of an OT. Has there been confirmation/denial of a 360 character at all? I haven't been following the news on this game too closely.

What's going on with the version they're playing? They were playing the story mode earlier and now the story mode is blacked out. Did the swap versions?

Lingitiz

SolidSnakex said:
What's going on with the version they're playing? They were playing the story mode earlier and now the story mode is blacked out. Did the swap versions?
Yeah i think they said they're playing two 360 builds. One is from PAX and the other i finished i believe?

SolidSnakex said:

Yeah they said they're playing with two builds.

GrayFoxPL

SolidSnakex said:

Yeah, they have 2 builds. One was single player only.

SolidSnakex said:

They have two boxes with them. One is, I believe, the gold build with single player, and the other is the GDC multiplayer build.

Anyanka

Chairhome said:

It was me and you are still wrong.

ScOULaris

MJW couldn't look less interested. Can't say I blame him. He's in a room filled with awkward gamers when he could be out banging voluptuous black women in bunches.

I remember when I was a kid I always thought he was saying "Whoopsie" not "toasty". Whoopsie makes sense cuz hes interupting your match I never knew what the significance of toasty was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom