• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most ridiculous JRPG title

Madjaba

but it's super random. just some random Nietzsche quotes lol

Is it though?

I thought 🤔 the titles represented the underlying themes of those games, but I haven't done any proper research.
These are not "random quotes", it's the name of 3 philosophy books written by Nietzsche and effectively, each game can be seen as an adaptation of the main points of said books.

Last edited:

consoul

my beloved SMT series holds that Guiness World Record with this one: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army
If we're doing the English record, let's not forget Natsuiro High School, whose full Japanese title translates as:

Summertime High School: A Young Man's Notes—How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend on the School Tour, Then for Some Reason Became Super-Popular with the Girls for His Daily Scoops on the School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, and What He Thinks as He Goes on Dates During His Summer of Island School Life.

Garibaldi

Slippery Richard! ~ He's Taller than my Husband ~

Jokes aside. Most JRPGs seem to have utterly bonkers names. Just like anime and that. A normal title is the exception.

Spoon Refantastic 720/4 + Energisation Tornado

Last edited:
If you don’t think lacrimosa of Dana is a weird title, I don’t know what to tell you.
Have you played the game? It's literally the plot of the game. There is a character named Dana, and "lacrimosa" is what the characters in the world called an event involving the complete extinction of a species. Play the game to fill in the blanks.

RickMasters

Romancing the saga of whatever it’s called.

Sounds like a three part novel for women ….. with some dude named Enrique who rides horses and gives off old spice guy vibes. I wouldn’t call my game that…..

RickMasters

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
71stOptb5zL.jpg

Disclaimer: not a dig as I love Atlus games.
Yeah that was always a mouthful, to say! Imagine asking for this at a local Walmart 🤣🤣🤣🤣

sudolicious

I will always love the name Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

Star_Ocean_5.png

It's great in how ridiculous it is. The game is actually quite alright as well, especially considering Touyama Nao as the female lead and the overall party dynamic just being fun. Nothing astonishing obviously, but solid and enjoyable, albeit with its flaws.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Kingdom Hearts: 0.2 Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage

Seriously
lol whats funny, is Birth By Sleep is fine, but then they got to fuck up with a with some mini sequel like "ok, how can we fuck up this normal game name, let see remix 0.2, add in some Fragmentary shit" lol

They could have called it Birth By Sleep 0 or even Birth by Sleep Aqua and I would have been just fine.

They always got to do this wild extra shit lol

Top Bottom