• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most wanted N64/DS and PS2/PSP ports...

jarrod

Banned
Since we all know they'll be coming anyway.... top 5!

Nintendo DS
01 Paper Mario (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
02 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo)
03 Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth (Nintendo/Treasure)
04 WaveRace 64 (Nintendo)
05 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo)

Sony PSP
01 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (Namco)
02 MegaMan Anniversary Collection (Capcom/Atomic Planet)
03 Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Capcom)
04 Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (Sega/Sega AM2)
05 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (Capcom)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I don't know if I want to see how games like Majora's Mask would look on the DS without any good filtering to speak of.

It would be awesome to play that game on the go, though.

cvxfreak

Fine, then add Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis to the DS list.

And add Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, as well as CODE: Veronica X to the PSP list.

Capcom and Konami should make me happy. :D

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
DS - Can't really think of anything at the moment.

PSP - Virtua Fighter 4 Evo (or bump it up to Final Tuned), Soul Calibur II, Tekken Tag Tournament, Guilty Gear X2, Capcom Fighting Jam, Capcom VS SNK 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

They aren't PS2 ports but I also wouldn't mind seeing SF Alpha 1, 2, & 3 on a single disc, a Pocket Fighter/Puzzle Fighter combo pack, and ports of all of SNK's NeoGeo fighters.

If all of these came out I would likely never need another handheld again.

MattCoz

Would be nice to finally have an english release of Sin & Punishment, do you think they should use the touch screen to shoot like Metroid Prime Hunters?

Doogdogg

Whats a system w/out some good puzzle game, and Tetris is teh granddaddy of 'em all. Testrissphere please. Who owns the right to this anyway?

rawk

DS:

drawing only from the N64...

Beetle Adventure Racing
Wetrix
Banjo-Kazooie
F-Zero X (with Deathrace mode!)
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark (if possible with controls... probably not)
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Fox 64
Mario Tennis

Memles

Paper Mario on DS for me...the major N64 title I can say I never played. The rest...I want a NEW Banjo title for DS, although I'd take the Wave Race port. Would be great if NST could get to work on it after they finish Hunters, combine the ease of play of WR64 with some of the wave physics of GCN. Handheld gamers are too weaksauce for BS style controls, I think.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Ports:
1. Sin & Punishment
2. World Driver Championship
3. Conker's Bad Fur Day
4. NightS - Into Dreams

Originals:
4. F-Zero
5. Star Fox
6. 2-D Metroid
7. 2-D Castlevania
8. 2-D Megaman

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I want portable MAME dammit. I hope Capcom is smart enough to do a Capcom Classics series and have CPS1/2 games for portable play.

That said, I'd rather see PSX ports gussied up than 'me too' PS2 ports.

ge-man

I would definately buy a DS port of Sin and Punishment unless they use the touch screen for it. The game definately needs to be played with conventional controls.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Mario Paint and Starfox 64.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Pilotwings ported to the DS would be a nice and peacefull gaming experience? Touchscreen could provide some smooth flying interfaces, too.

Why on earth would you want ported N64 games on the DS? You're totally missing the point of the system, which is to encourage new game ideas and design, not rehash old ones (which seems to be what the PSP wants to be, juts a portable console with nothing special as far as gameplay innovation goes).

jarrod

Banned
StrikerObi said:
Why on earth would you want ported N64 games on the DS? You're totally missing the point of the system, which is to encourage new game ideas and design, not rehash old ones (which seems to be what the PSP wants to be, juts a portable console with nothing special as far as gameplay innovation goes).
Well, old games could always take advantage of new capabilities, look at Super Mario 64x4.

jarrod

Banned
neptunes said:
it has no touch-screen support.

just a map on the bottom.

but yeah it really needs an analog stick.
What about wireless multiplayer? That's something using DS' unique abilites over N64 to good effect.

jett

D-Member
Fuck ports. Give me original content or DEATH. I think one port machine is enough for the industry. :p

Remakes are fine with me, though. :p

Memles

Some games I'll take ports of...anything multiplayer I'd really like to see ported/reworked to take advantage of wireless multiplayer. At the same time, for single player games I don't think it is worth it.

I think the Mario Paint idea will likely pop up though...it makes too much sense.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't want Klonoa 2 dammit, I've already played the game enough! Give me Klonoa 3!!!

And to be honest, I can't think of any port I do want. I want new games.

DCX

DCX
Another words, what PSone/N64 games do i want to reply on a smaller screen with shitty sound? Hmmmm...i think i'll pass.

DCX

G4life98

blast corps
goldeneye
perfect dark

all with wireless/online multi-play and 1 cart multi-play capability as a bonus

hopefully nintendo realizes goldeneye and pd would move units.

shuri

Banned
/me starts stabbing the ports junkies. Come on guys. NEW MATERIAL PLEASE! This is the DS! Innovation please!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
StrikerObi said:

Good point, but some genres I can't see making use of the touch pad (racers for example). That and some games were never released either in the U.S. or at all. Examples: Sin and Punishment, Earthbound 64, Doshin the Giant, Rev Limit, and I'm sure there are more. Animal Crossing, Mario 64X4 and Pac-Man are perfect examples of ports. I don't see a problem with them porting games if they were already in development and never released or they have some new unique feature that takes advantage of the DS' capabilities. I'm sure it would save developers money as well as please fans too. Don't get me wrong, I still want new game series and new ways to play (which I'm sure we'll get) but this is also a good time to release those games that never made it to N64. Now that I think about it, Earthbound 64 was supposedly being made for GameBoy right? Maybe it wasn't Gameboy at all, but NDS.

I don't even get how anyone can say the DS is as powerful as the N64. The graphics look like Saturn to me. Definitely not N64.

God's Hand said:
I don't even get how anyone can say the DS is as powerful as the N64. The graphics look like Saturn to me. Definitely not N64.

Well i have here the EDGE E3 DVD and if the footage i saw is Saturn, whooping fucking doo, best Saturn graphics i ever seen......

jarrod

Banned
I dunno, I'd say DS visuals are a leap ahead of Saturn... geometry is really more PS1 level. Saturn would've choked on Mario Kart DS or Mario 64x4.

ElyrionX

I don't see myself buying a PSP. HOWEVER, if there is a near-perfect port of the original Final Fantasy Tactics for it, I will buy it the day FFT is released.......

Agent X

Some of the PS2 games that I'd like to see on PSP are already being ported to PSP (particularly Activision Anthology and Tony Hawk's Underground 2, and several driving/racing games).

For games that haven't already been announced as PSP games, here's what I'd like to see:

1. Midway Arcade Treasures (Midway)
2. Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (Midway)
3. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Capcom)
4. Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (Sega)
5. War of the Monsters (Sony)

For either PSP or DS, I'd also like to see Atari port over Atari: 80 Classic Games in One! (recent compilation of Atari 2600 and arcade games that was released on PC), as well as pretty much every Lynx game released from 1989-1991 for which they still have the rights. :)

ourumov

I would like to see:

-Parodius games. (PSP, I don't want bad music)
-Mystical Ninja starring Goemon. (if the game runs @ 60 fps that would be heaven).
-2D Suikoden game. (PSP, again music plays a strong role).
-Tracia 776 for DS of course.
-Banjo Kazooie.(only DS I guess...)
-JSR game...(not a port if possible, give us new areas chars, music-> to PSP of course).
-Snatcher REMAKE.(increase action in the game for the masses but let the story untouched, PSP of course).
-Samba de amigo. (PSP).

Top Bottom