• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most wanted N64/DS and PS2/PSP ports...

wazoo

DS :

I do not care about N64 ports, I have all of them

Maybe Sin and punishment :)

PSP : All Square RPG not released in europe

Xenogears and Chrono Cross, for ex

ourumov

Samba de Amigo on the PSP? With or without the maracas? How should one play it on a portable system?

Well, let's just use one tilt detector and let's shake the PSP with the UMD spinning !!! :). I am sure they will find a better way.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mario Kart 64! Wireless multiplayer up to 8 players would rock. I know theres a Mario Kart coming but I want to play the old MK64 stages too.

I'm not that keen on ports either but if I can get classic multiplayer focused N64 games which I can play on WiFi like Perfect Dark, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis etc. then count me in!

I can't understand anyone wanting survival horror games on a handheld. The games rely on great sound and atmosphere.

atomsk

Party Pooper
give me an AKI wrestling game with a souped up No Mercy engine, and ill buy whatever portable they put it on

Acosta

Disgaea and Phantom Brave please... it´s impossible for me finish them without a portatile...

Apart from that two, I would like new things, and new entries in series I would love to play in PSP and Nintendo DS (Super Robot Taisen for example).

Memles

atomsk said:
give me an AKI wrestling game with a souped up No Mercy engine, and ill buy whatever portable they put it on

Damn straight on this one. Couldn't agree more...handhelds finally need a good wrestling games, dangit.

Hell, I'd take a straight port of No Mercy with new character models and wireless multiplayer on the DS...I'd expect something a little more robust for the PSP.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Culdcept with online multiplayer.

A really good handheld baseball game would make me happy.

Amplitude or it's like.

Travel SOCOM!!!

God I can't wait for the PSP :(

jarrod

Banned
Why does everyone assume DS will have "bad" sound? Isn't the 33 MHz ARM7 with 16 sound channels going to be fairly robust for handheld audio? Pana 'splain?

ourumov

Not long time ago some news popped regarding Nintendo and access to ARM7 for Audio purposes...
Anyways don't compare 16 sound channels to the 48 that PSP will probably have.

Don't want to sound like a PSP freak, I love 16 bit-era sound (although SNES was only 8 channel) and I always have some pieces of spc tunes on my MD...But I also like to have full orchestrated music (and perhaps I won't see them on PSP neither, due to UMD spinning limitarions [less battery life]).

GDGF

Soothsayer
ourumov said:
Not long time ago some news popped regarding Nintendo and access to ARM7 for Audio purposes...

wasn't that news pretty much considered bunk when a third party sound house said that they were making tools for the NDS?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
jarrod said:
Why does everyone assume DS will have "bad" sound? Isn't the 33 MHz ARM7 with 16 sound channels going to be fairly robust for handheld audio? Pana 'splain?

I do not think it will have bad sound at all. Considering what they did on the GBA with a relatively bad sound interface and a 16.7 MHz ARM7 split between game logic, graphics (some developers used Software rendered sprites in addition to the 128 HW Sprites) and sound I think the 33 MHz ARM7 in the DS should do quite well.

I do not know if the CPU can be dinamically allocated: WiFi at full bandwidth and Touch-screen management can be a bit hard on the CPU as they would interrupt it moment in and moment out.

If developers decide not to use WiFi in a game for example and do not use the touch screen then the CPU will have quiote a bit of horse-power.

Even if using WiFi and the touch-screen the CPU is left with only the power that the average GBA game left its CPU, still the DS will sound better IMHO.

Why ?

The cart is much bigger, the main RAM of the DS is bigger: the space in the ROM was a big limitation IMHO for graphics, sound and music on the GBA as developers wanted to save money and went for the smallest cart available.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wouldn't mind a few topdown shooters that used both screens as one. Actually, didn't one of the first companies to announce a DS game say that they were going to make a shooter that used touchscreen functionality? That's curious. I wonder what they're going to do with it?

Top Bottom