• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother of God. I just broke up with my girl of almost 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Wail. Scream. Cry. Put a hole through your wall. Yell incoherently at random people.

Don't try and get your mind off it though. I've got so screwed over by internalising something like your situation and not letting it out in the past.

Actually, just talk about it. Tell us.

andthebeatgoeson

carousel-one-sixth-second.half.jpg

Round and Round we go. I got on this ride a few years ago, and I don't feel like we have moved too far.

Mama Smurf said:
Wail. Scream. Cry. Put a hole through your wall. Yell incoherently at random people.

Don't try and get your mind off it though. I've got so screwed over by internalising something like your situation and not letting it out in the past.

Actually, just talk about it. Tell us.

Yah, let us know what happened. Typing it all up will help, and it will get a lot off your chest

Boomer

Same thing happened to me earlier this year man, about a month short of our 2 year anniversary. Yeah it sucked, but we patched things up a couple months later.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Yeah type the whole thing up. I've got enough useless time to read it and offer my useless comments.

Mugen

Banned
Don't beat yourself up about this... just remember that now you're free and time to get a brand new hotter and better girlfriend.

Mama Smurf

Sounds like you did the right thing to me.

I like people who use the word apathetic. If you start using apposite too, I'll date you. You're a hot woman right?

Mama Smurf

FHUTA is The New Christmas. So we can go "come ooooooon, it's traditional!"

Come ooooooooon, it's traditional!

I broke up with my girlfriend about a month ago. It sucked. A lot. I didn't want it to end, but much like you she was a changed person, and I didn't like the changed person, so I had to end it.

The first week REALLY sucked, but time heals wounds. That, and do anything you can to get your mind off her. Find some hobbies, workout, earn some money, meet new people. There is a lot of stuff in the world that can keep you occupied. I know when we broke up, I started hanging out with people I had quit hanging out with, and I found I enjoyed their company a lot. I also spent a lot of time at bookstores and the library just reading. I'm not much of a reader, but it is amazing how wrapped up in reading an assortment of books after the break-up.

I won't lie. It still hurts, but it gets better after the first couple of weeks. During the month that I have been single, I think I have been the most productive I have been in a long time.

Now I think I'm the happiest I have been in a long time. To which I say: "Take that bitch"

Doth Togo

Yo, you know what? You just had the best day you've had in years. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

You know why? Because there are soooooooooooooooooooooo many other fine lookin, smart, funny, sensual and sexy women out there, man, if any girl is gonna diss you, you know it's time to upgrade because she doesn't apprecite and recognize the quality that she had. You're the man, and you know it boss.

Really, not only are you going to be good, but you'll learn more about yourself as time goes by. Don't worry, you're not the only one. Better, stronger, sexier love will come...so just prepare yourself.

No worries...

shoplifter

Saint Cornelius said:
Seriously though, don't play The Cure's "Disintegration", or you'll drive off a fucking cliff

iawtp, when I broke up with a gf in high school i made this mistake. Pictures of You was fucking BRUTAL.

CavemanLawyer said:
The first week REALLY sucked, but time heals wounds. That, and do anything you can to get your mind off her. Find some hobbies, workout, earn some money, meet new people. There is a lot of stuff in the world that can keep you occupied. I know when we broke up, I started hanging out with people I had quit hanging out with, and I found I enjoyed their company a lot. I also spent a lot of time at bookstores and the library just reading. I'm not much of a reader, but it is amazing how wrapped up in reading an assortment of books after the break-up.

I won't lie. It still hurts, but it gets better after the first couple of weeks. During the month that I have been single, I think I have been the most productive I have been in a long time.

Now I think I'm the happiest I have been in a long time. To which I say: "Take that bitch"

The best revenge is always to live well. You start by re-learning how to live life for yourself.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Doth Togo said:
Yo, you know what? You just had the best day you've had in years. Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

You know why? Because there are soooooooooooooooooooooo many other fine lookin, smart, funny, sensual and sexy women out there, man, if any girl is gonna diss you, you know it's time to upgrade.

Really, not only are you going to be good, but you'll learn more about yourself as time goes by. Don't worry, you're not the only one. Better, stronger, sexier love will come...so just prepare yourself.

No worries...
Admittedly this is coming from someone who's never been in a serious 'relationship', but even then, I just can't see it that way. It's can't be just being with someone, but being with someone whom you have a strong connection with and have grown to love. You can't just give that up and pick up where you left off with someone brand new.

Doth Togo

demon said:
Admittedly this is coming from someone who's never been in a serious 'relationship', but even then, I just can't see it that way. It's can't be just being with someone, but being with someone whom you have a strong connection with and have grown to love. You can't just give that up and pick up where you left off with someone brand new.

Yea you can. Yea you can man.... You have to. Otherwise you're gonna wallow in shit until you realize you need to get out. It's all in your frame of mind.

I'm 27, I've been through several long term relationships that have ended in various bad ways, but you know, the last relationship I was in that ended badly, a month after it was over, I met the best girl I've ever known. A month. Too soon? No way.

It's all in your frame of mind.

shoplifter said:
iawtp, when I broke up with a gf in high school i made this mistake. Pictures of You was fucking BRUTAL.

So does that mean you can't watch certain HP commericals dealing with digital cameras?

shoplifter

mightynine said:
So does that mean you can't watch certain HP commericals dealing with digital cameras?

Hell, it was ten years ago. I can deal now.

Also, Disintegration is the best album ever.

DSN2K

Leon said:
Yeah, but you know...I'm heartbroken, but that's not what the mindfuck is about. The mindfuck is more about what could have possibly made her want to end this? So much that she didn't want to make any efforts anymore? You have to understand she loved me to DEATH. Something happened, and it's so unlike her that I'm scared she might regret it later when it's too late....

Also, this is the annoying kind of breakup, where you're not really sure whether you should wait for her mind to snap back into place and hope that this may be a mistake on her part, or if you should really not give a fuck....

nopityA.gif

Doth Togo

Leon said:
Yeah, but you know...I'm heartbroken, but that's not what the mindfuck is about. The mindfuck is more about what could have possibly made her want to end this? So much that she didn't want to make any efforts anymore? You have to understand she loved me to DEATH. Something happened, and it's so unlike her that I'm scared she might regret it later when it's too late....

Also, this is the annoying kind of breakup, where you're not really sure whether you should wait for her mind to snap back into place and hope that this may be a mistake on her part, or if you should really not give a fuck....

Who cares why she did it? Whatever she did, it DOESN'T reflect on you. She did it. You don't/can't control her. You never could. Loved you to death...well, she's not dead yet and she's not loving you. Otherwise, why are you in this place? Make sense what I'm saying so far?

Honestly, you can't go back. If shit goes down...you'll always wonder "what if it happens again..." Take some time and let things cool down boss. Get your thoughts in gear. You have time. Relax...take hold of the situation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Leon said:

Ugh, thought about my own ex for a lot of the day and it was the same fucking deal. She hasn't come clean and it's been what 6 months now haha. :(

way more

Hey, it just happened. Give it a day or two, wallow around in self-pity or get drunk and destructive, you'll feel better tomorrow.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
my ex asked me about a week ago if there was ever a chance of us being 'a thing' again. i told her no. today, i found out she got engaged.

crazy bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom