• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies or TV shows where kids die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XS+

Banned
mac said:
Yeah those Rube Goldberg deaths were cool.

So far this thread has given the end away to American History X, Pay it Forward, and (new to me) Road to Perdition.
Well it gave away the ending now since you specified when the deaths take place.

And the kid dying in Road to Perdition doesn't happen in the end.

Morbo

Ecrofirt said:
Hmm.. I wonder why I don't remember that. What part of the movie did it happen it? Was it in the bar at the end, or some place earlier?

In the bar, near the end. He was being munched on by vampires when Juliette Lewis' character shot him and they all exploded

yoshifumi

Banned
piggy's death in the book was pretty graphic too, it talked about his brains being on the rocks and getting washed away by the surf.

aku:jiki

What kid did who shoot in Returner? I saw the Swedish version, dunno why that would be cut.

This one's a real spoiler, so...
The kid gets shot up by the cops in House of Sand and Fog. Too bad, he was even hardcore enough to have a SNES poster in 2003!

belgurdo

Banned
Odoul said:
The 1st Final Destination was a much better movie. But the second was true masterpiece in the field of violence and gore. I saw it with my sister and she walked out. But that shit was SO over the top I don't know how anyone could confuse it for reality and be grossed out.

Some of that shit that went down in that movie was so ridiculous I just wanted to turn off the movie and sit for a few minutes because it was hurting my brain. And it's a damn shame that some of that corniness made its way into the Butterfly Effect (same writers, I think,) since it would have been an awesome movie even without all of the shock.

Guzim

Ecrofirt said:
Indeed.

Was the color one where the rock basically split his head open?
The 1990 Lord of the Flies sucks. Also, the rock really didn't split his head open, it just bounced off Piggy's head.

Shinobi

TAJ said:
Jaws and The Toxic Avenger were the first to come to mind besides Mimic. I remember some kids getting owned in Piranha, but I don't remember if they actually got killed.

Sheesh...it took some 30 posts for Jaws to finally get a mention. That boy not only died, he got fucking destroyed...big explosion of blood, still screaming even while underwater, and snacked on like a Ritz Cracker. Coolest kid ownage in a movie ever.

There was also the kid who held the briefcase/bomb near the beginning of The Untouchables. Blown the fuck up. Beats the way Mr Ritz Cracker bit it though.

Oh yeah, can't forget the Moses movies...Ten Commandments and The Prince of Egypt. The deaths in POE were done really well.

bjork

Didn't Newt die in Alien 3 and they showed her autopsy?

I just remember ribs being cracked open... :vomits:

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Robocop 2<<<

I wouldn't count that one. Yeah, you watch the kid slip into death, but they don't show him get shot. That movie is a big guilty pleasure for me, though I hated it when I was younger. Three is unwatchable.

hobbitx

TAJ said:
Jaws and The Toxic Avenger were the first to come to mind besides Mimic. I remember some kids getting owned in Piranha, but I don't remember if they actually got killed.

lol, that scene with the kid on the bike was too damn funny. That would be so sick and wrong in real life, but in a Troma, it's just classic!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
bjork said:
Didn't Newt die in Alien 3 and they showed her autopsy?

I just remember ribs being cracked open... :vomits:

oh GOD
why did you have to mention that.. *barfs*

i especially enjoyed the sound effect

POOR NEWT!!!

also : schindler's list? i think

shuri

Banned
City of God

Lil' Ze gang's gets fed up with the little kids (8-12yo) running around, so he goes with his crew, captures the leader and two of his friends, and force him to kill one of them at point blank.

He also shot the surviving one in the foot.

=W=

The Good Son
Maximum Overdrive (the coke machine killing all those little leaguers was hilarious)

karasu

in Hong Kong movies the kid gets killed, burned, knocked out, all of the time. Watch My father is a Hero and see Jet Li kick the shit out of his own kid. Slams his head through a glass table even.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
A lot of the ones I was going to say have already been said but I didn't see this one:

Halloween III : Season of the Witch

The kid gets killed by the mask and theres all sorts of roaches, centipedes, and other creepy crawlies that come out of his head. Plus you are lead to believe that thousands of children are killed at the end of the movie.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'll echo:

B000274TLW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Most gripping movie I've seen in awile... City of God. A few kids get wiped out during the course of the movie. Some of them even do the brutal killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom