• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MP2 - NP Scans **SPOILERS**

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
wow.. i dunno if its because of the scan or what.. but those pics really blew me away.. i didnt think it was going to look that good.

im gonna have to get my GC fixed now. i need this game.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I don't know what Nintendo Power is talking about by saying "CG cutscenes", because every scene in the game (like Prime 1) is rendered using the in-game engine. Which is fine by me cause I thought Prime 1 did a good job, and if what Retro says is true, then they've spent an awful lot of time polishing and updating these things.

Bryan Walker's comments about how they focused on making the boss battles "epic" seems quite verifiable now upon viewing
Quadraxis

And I always knew this game was going to be one of my favorite (if not my favorite) games of the year, especially on the Cube.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Eric-GCA said:
I don't know what Nintendo Power is talking about by saying "CG cutscenes", because every scene in the game (like Prime 1) is rendered using the in-game engine.
Ehh Computer Graphics is an interchangeable term, it means anything pretty much. Everything you see in a videogame is CG for all intents and purposes.

TekunoRobby said:
Ehh CG is an interchangeable term, it means anything pretty much. Everything you see in a videogame is CG for all intents and purposes.

Thats true, some just use it better than others cough* gt4 * cough.

Hmm, how do you register for the opa forums? I fill in all my details but there isn't a submit button appearing for me to click. A problem with my browser perhaps? *scratches head*

Oh, I managed to see the scans elsewhere though. Excellent stuff, that fortress looks well cool.

Deg

Banned
the metroid game board on ign have them. game boards are open to all. Opa-age isnt a place you want to go.

hirokazu

TekunoRobby said:
Comeone guys, it can't get any more blatent than that.

i hate IGN boards, because in the past, links i click on usually result in Insider only or some shit. i don't want to go there and navigate around just to find one thread.

hirokazu said:
i hate IGN boards, because in the past, links i click on usually result in Insider only or some shit. i don't want to go there and navigate around just to find one thread.

don't worry no more photos anyway, photobucket or whatever the guy used to host the images (bandwidth exceeded)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
hirokazu said:
Doh, pictures aren't available anymore. I should have saved them sorry.

J!ndu

naz said:
what the hell everyone excited about can't find the pics :(
damn late to the party

metroidechoes_hammerposter_small.jpg

link to bigger version

That would be an amazing boxart - damn NoA...

Sander

Looks great J!ndu. The official boxart looks less hideous than I remember though, still, could've been much better.

Oh and after seeing the scans...

bge.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Matlock said:
Quadraxis = dodge, dodge, dodge, lock on, hit obvious targets on knees.
You forgot the part where you go into morphball and move up along the emminent spiderball tracks on its legs to plant a power bomb in its core ;)

EDIT: :lol
after going back to look again there is clearly a spiderball track along one of the legs. I was just kidding!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'll take a crack at this but I have no clue about what makes a t-shirt well designed. So pardon my ignorance!

CrisKre said:
Front:
I like how the cover is plain but has the ominous words "protect the light." It provides a unique bit of intrigue and the font makes it interesting. I would increase the font a bit (thinking a good two inches from the arm seam would be ideal) and move it down slightly (about an inch). I'd also create a SLIGHT more bit of noise in the font to pronounce the little extrusions you have. One last thing; I don't like how there's a period there seeing as it's an incomplete sentence.

Back:
The logo placement is perfect; of course there wasn't much else you could do with it. The Echoes part of the logo is probably a bit too dark and it'd be hard to read from a small distance. I'd suggest brightening that up or adding a bit of a white glow around it to differentiate it from the background more. The artwork is superb but I don't think it'd work well with the complimentary artwork of the other t-shirt. Although it's an excellent piece, the character Samus isn't in full form which is important in these character driven designs. I'd suggest finding a nice heroic post with her gun in the air to offset the more beastly pose of the other t-shirt not to mention you'd match the size effectively.

CrisKre said:
Front:
As for the front, my comments from the other t-shirt apply. Of course I'd keep the font the same size even though it takes up less space for sake of continuity.

Back:
The logo comments also apply to this t-shirt. The artwork you chose for this t-shirt is spot-on. It's the perfect pose and also eschews a bit of darkness with her stance and color-scheme. I'd get rid of the odd lines on the sides and eliminate any semblance of a border or random pixels. Another possibility is adding in the noise and extrusions you have from the font to the artwork. It'd provide a sort of an aura to the character; it would pronounce the otherworldly nature of this version of Samus. It might look good or it might complicate the piece too much so give it a shot.

Deg

Banned
hirokazu said:

cube-europe forums also have it.

Top Bottom