• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Dereck

I'm way behind, question for you guys since I think you guys could understand where I'm coming from.

What exactly is happening here? What is the woman thinking and what is Tyrell trying to accomplish by doing this? To me this is one of the most gripping moments I've seen in TV and I don't want to go read up on what this means because I think it's a little ambiguous.

0UnQO7a.gif

The way I interpreted this is that after Tyrell insulted Sharon's husband, he wanted to see if Sharon would give him oral sex without him asking (that maybe his insult made her lose confidence in her marriage for 10 minutes), but after the scene had ended I thought that perhaps he was trying to frighten her.

haikira

Angela already knows Elliot was talking to his father. Ever since the big reveal last season.

I know that, but in episode 10, near the end, she says:

"Was it your dad then too,or was it someone else?"

He replies with.

"I don't remember that at all."

EDIT: Could end up being nothing, but the fact she asks if it was someone else makes me think it'll be something that comes up again. It's maybe a hint of another persona perhaps.

vypek

I'm way behind, question for you guys since I think you guys could understand where I'm coming from.

What exactly is happening here? What is the woman thinking and what is Tyrell trying to accomplish by doing this? To me this is one of the most gripping moments I've seen in TV and I don't want to go read up on what this means because I think it's a little ambiguous.

0UnQO7a.gif

The way I interpreted this is that after Tyrell insulted Sharon's husband, he wanted to see if Sharon would give him oral sex without him asking (that maybe his insult made her lose confidence in her marriage for 10 minutes), but after the scene had ended I thought that perhaps he was trying to frighten her.

I always saw it as a show of power and assertiveness while saying what he wants from her. Am I mistaken or did she not lean back and open her legs for him before he walked out? I didn't think it was to frighten her at this point, more "psychosexual".

I have no idea what she was thinking. Probably that he was going to attack her at first or something. No clue

Cth

There is a scene after the credits just like in last season's finale.

Make sure to watch

Elliot (in bathrobe): [after the end credits] ... You're still here? It's over! Go home. Go. Oh, you're expecting a teaser for Season 3. Well, we don't have that kind of money. What are you expecting, Christian Slater show up with Tyrell Wellick and that saucy little number Joanna? Go, go.

Oh, but I can tell you one thing and it's a bit of a secret. In next season, we're gonna have Doc Brown. Amazing character. Flying Delorean, time travel. We have no idea who we're gonna cast yet but it could be anybody. We just need a old guy with white hair. Could be Malcolm McDowell, Steve Martin, Betty White, she's got range, who knows? Anyway, big secret, ssshhhh. Oh and don't leave your garbage all lying around. It's a total dick move. Go.

Ashhong

I always saw it as a show of power and assertiveness while saying what he wants from her. Am I mistaken or did she not lean back and open her legs for him before he walked out? I didn't think it was to frighten her at this point, more "psychosexual".

I have no idea what she was thinking. Probably that he was going to attack her at first or something. No clue

Yea it was just a power move. She opens up and welcomes him in for sex and he just leaves IIRC. Game set and match.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So I guess this is starting in less than an hour? I don't live in the US so I can't watch it live which means (ala Price) I have to wait more time which means I have to go into a media blackout which means it sucks.

See you at the other end of the rabbit hole guys.

Ross61

This better not disappoint. I've defended this season because I genuinely thought it was good, but they better stick the landing. This show is too great to become one of those "what could have been" shows.

JDHarbs

Spent the last few days catching up so I can watch the finale live tonight.

Definitely glad I binged this season instead of watching week to week.

Arkeband

Banned
Can someone recap the first minute or so? What did Elliot and Tyrell talk about in the van? How did the episode start?

Edit: Is it showing Ghost in the Shell commercials?!

So this scene confirms that ELliot's dialogue choice is identical to whatever Mr. Robot said.

So he must've been batshit insane in Romero's eyes when he had the gun up. Also love how different Rami portrays the Mr. Robot side of Elliot.

Can someone recap the first minute or so? What did Elliot and Tyrell talk about in the van? How did the episode start?

It's showing the same conversation that Mr. Robot had with Tyrell in his van in 1.7 whiterose (IIRC). The only difference is that it shows how Elliot acts with the Mr. Robot persona, and background information with regards to Tyrell's family.

Ross61

It was the same conversation that Mr Robot and Tyrell had in the van in the first season. Before we all realized MR and Elliot was the same.

Tamanon

Banned

It was the season 1 conversation with Mr Robot and Tyrell, but with Elliot delivering the lines.

Ghost in the Shell looks as bland as could be expected.

No budget in the world big enough to do justice to something as gorgeous as Innocence, not even close.

Top Bottom