• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MrBeast accused of being a Fraudster by former ex-employee

near

Gold Member
I'm not defensive, I'm just trying to work out what you're accusing him of. Doesn't seem like you know, which is why you're throwing insults around instead of expressing yourself clearly.
That’s because I’ve not accused him of anything. I only highlighted he’s charity work to make a point. That point I made was clear. You seem to think that I’ve accused him of wrong doing, and that is down to you not understanding or following the context of why I even mentioned in the first place. I’m a firm believer of evidence and there isn’t anything substantial to hold Mr. Beast accountable to. I’m sorry if my balls joke was too much, that was out of pocket friend. I think the punchline would’ve been better if I said Ava’s balls. 🤣

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
This guy is a shame... Helping people but on the condition that they record him and take photos... That's not being altruistic, it's being a freeloader.
How is he a freeloader when he’s the one contributing? Isn’t the recipient of his charity technically the freeloader?

Jenov

I don't know, that all seems like rather typical for an entertainment based youtube channel. Mr Beast's bigger issue is his connection to Kris Tyson and whether he knew of his predatory behaviors.

Tams

I've seen a few of his videos when my son has had them on. I never felt conned or felt my son was being exploited.

I don't understand what "con" he's being accused of. Was it the Squid Game video, paying for people to restore their sight, providing drinking water to communities..... serious question because I'm struggling to see where the con is?

Look up lottery laws. Most countries have them.

Though I mostly meant him not being genuine. I find it incredibly distasteful throwing money around like that, and boastful philanthropy obnoxious.

You know, I almost dislike the absolute wankers who burnt paper money in front of homeless people less than him and his mates.

*Nightwing

Banned
So the man whom as a teenager figured out how to exploit the YouTube algorithm to grift it to his own benefit making a career and industry from it turns out to be a grifter in real life?…
fYIQ7Eg.gif

In terms of how it's a net positive on the world, what does it matter if he's doing charitable acts only for clout vs out of the goodness of his heart?

I'd rather have my vision fixed by a douche than still be blind.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

TLDR:

• His prizes are almost exclusively won by friends and employees
  • Mr Beast ran multiple streams where he sells signed shirts. In these shirt selling streams, the Mr Beast crew would put prizes in orders, alongside reading out the name of the order. Multiple people won on stream, and never received the prize
  • Mr Beast wanted to partner with Mystery Brand (Jake Paul and Ricegum's lootbox grift), and his manager needed to talk him out of it
  • A higher-up at the company self-admitted that Feastables was "at least 70% lottery"

I tried his candy and cookies. Average at the very best. We bake at home, so there wasn't even a need to buy, except out of curiosity.
As for candy, I'll stick to my Ritter Sport and Toblerone.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
How is he a freeloader when he’s the one contributing? Isn’t the recipient of his charity technically the freeloader?
Because technically it is not a ''benevolent'' action, he does it to attract more audiences to his channel and keep money. Why don't he help without using cameras or uploading videos?

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Though I mostly meant him not being genuine. I find it incredibly distasteful throwing money around like that, and boastful philanthropy obnoxious.

You know, I almost dislike the absolute wankers who burnt paper money in front of homeless people less than him and his mates.
Eh....this is not a good look to have on things...Personally I'd rather have someone who helps people even if he isn't genuine about it rather than the biillionaires around the world only acting like they are doing good while only filling their own pockets AND still being dishonest at the same time.

At least this guy helps people out even if at the end of the day he does it for his own benefit.

But let's be honest here,like reaaaally honest here! How many of you have helped people out of the kindness of your heart and nothing more and not to secretly fill your quota of good deeds for the day... Isn't that not genuine?

Is the Doctor not genuine for helping out his pacients because at the end of the day he gets paid for it?

Like where exactly do we draw this line?

bender

What time is it?
There’s no such thing as pure altruism in philanthropy. Are we going to hold an annoying zoomer YouTuber to a standard no one else meets, as justification for cancelling him?

There are standards for game shows, giveaways, sweepstakes, lotteries, etc. No idea of BS&P applies to Youtube content, but regulations for others should be adhered to. If that former employee is to be believed, and some of the examples raise questions in my head, I'd be more concerned legally than about being cancelled. And the channel should be held to account if they aren't following regulations and guidelines, as it's highly exploitative to an audience mostly comprised of the easiest demographic to exploit. How much stock you put into the voice of a former employee is debatable of course as it ,can easily be seen as an axe to grind or someone chasing their own clout.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
There are standards for game shows, giveaways, sweepstakes, lotteries, etc. No idea of BS&P applies to Youtube content, but regulations for others should be adhered to. If that former employee is to be believed, and some of the examples raise questions in my head, I'd be more concerned legally than about being cancelled. And the channel should be held to account if they aren't following regulations and guidelines, as it's highly exploitative to an audience mostly comprised of the easiest demographic to exploit. How much stock you put into the voice of a former employee is debatable of course as it ,can easily be seen as an axe to grind or someone chasing their own clout.
Was not referring to the stuff in the OP, have not watched the video as a disgruntled employee’s take isn’t necessarily credible. If there is substance there though then yes I agree.

bender

What time is it?
Was not referring to the stuff in the OP, have not watched the video as a disgruntled employee’s take isn’t necessarily credible. If there is substance there though then yes I agree.

What's the saying? There's his side, her side, and then the truth. In reality, the better option would have been to turn the organization into the appropriate authorities. So the disgruntled employee is worthy of a side eye and that's not even factoring in the tenor of the video. But just seeing the raw footage of those t-shirt drives celebrating x number of subscribers with them barking, "We'll give away x amount of money or y cool item in the next 10 minutes to one lucky purchaser" sets of alarm bells in my head. It's a common tactic to amass subscribers that is as old as any social media platform but using it to sell over priced t-shirts, if run improperly, is an easy way to get yourself into trouble. There are some interesting tidbits about CTA, attributing value to them, using that to sell product, and then finding the lowest cost product (shifting from t-shirts to candy bars). Sifting through the video to get to those tidbits is probably too much to ask given the tone, specifically around the candy and diabetes. No idea if it is sustentative as I wasn't familiar with MrBeast in the first place.

As far as charity work is concerned, I do believe it can be done selflessly as you can often see that in grass roots (volunteers at your local foodbank). An a bigger scale, publicizing can seem like a vanity project, but that might be a necessary evil to bring more eyeballs and checkbooks to the cause. It's a balance of course and one that can exploited.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
As far as charity work is concerned, I do believe it can be done selflessly as you can often see that in grass roots (volunteers at your local foodbank). An a bigger scale, publicizing can seem like a vanity project, but that might be a necessary evil to bring more eyeballs and checkbooks to the cause. It's a balance of course and one that can exploited.
Kant proposed that a good deed only counts if done out of duty, not out of selfish intentions, and there is truth to that which is increasingly relevant in today's social media world where we only reward people for saying and doing good things on camera for attention and virtue signaling.

Yes, there are unsung heroes putting in the work at shelters and food banks. We can talk about underlying motivators there too, but I don't think it matters much unless splitting hairs about the nature of altruism.

I don't see philanthropic works the same way though. If a billionaire exploits thousands of people and then creates a foundation that builds schools and libraries once he's retired or dead, or someone builds a non-profit which brings him money and influence and social status, it's hard to call that altruism in any relevant sense. But the bottom line can still be significantly positive, and those charitable deeds didn't need to be done. Could've been another SaaS company instead.

And that's where I'm at with Mr. Beast, barring proper evidence of fraud coming out. I do get a very uncomfortable vibe from the guy though.

bender

What time is it?
And that's where I'm at with Mr. Beast, barring proper evidence of fraud coming out. I do get a very uncomfortable vibe from the guy though.

At the very least, using your charity work as content for your channel feels a little skeevy. Feeding the machine or what not.

Never watched a video, don't really care for him or whatever is happening but I must give credit - incredible business. Generating so many views, growing so fast and blowing up requires an excellent team of YouTube analysts, knowing how to game the system and grift/effort to continuously churn these videos.

Jsisto

So he built a business around helping people and profits off of it? Ok. I mean….isn't that still better than not helping people? I couldn’t care less about the guy, but is this really the best we can do? This is what constitutes controversy nowadays? Sad state of affairs.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

How do you know this?

Regardless, does it matter if he's genuine or not? I doubt many celebrities and philanthropists are.

That certainly doesn't warrant an accusation of fraud and/or manipulation.

*Nightwing

Banned
Isn’t the issue he held himself to an clean cut image no one in business can adheaere to and when called out on it constantly doubled down on his squeaky clean image while being a successful con man at heart.

Add that to how he stated he was doing this out of altruism when it’s clear seeing his profit margin that is also disingenuous….

…compounded by he preys upon children and retards to sustain his empire buying his merch at extortative prices…

…yes it erases all the good he does with it in return albeit not literally poisoning the wells he builds.

Edit: to those who think the opposite, would you apply the same logic to Pablo Escobar? He was a great humanitarian to all his fellow Colombians he didn’t kill or torture directly and indirectly building schools homes paying off government debt, are you going to be consistent with your logical reasoning or are the goalposts now mobile?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
would you apply the same logic to Pablo Escobar? He was a great humanitarian to all his fellow Colombians he didn’t kill or torture directly and indirectly building schools homes paying off government debt, are you going to be consistent with your logical reasoning or are the goalposts now mobile?

I didn't realise it had got that serious and row back on my support for what I thought was merely a youtuber who had become rich through merchandise and wildly popular content but had also used his platform to do some good.

I think we all need to know how many people Mr Beast has tortured (directly or indirectly) and how many murders he's ordered from his lair before we continue.

My apologies to everyone in the thread, I hadn't watched the video in the first post and had no idea these were the allegations.

*Nightwing

Banned
I didn't realise it had got that serious and row back on my support for what I thought was merely a youtuber who had become rich through merchandise and wildly popular content but had also used his platform to do some good.

I think we all need to know how many people Mr Beast has tortured (directly or indirectly) and how many murders he's ordered from his lair before we continue.

My apologies to everyone in the thread, I hadn't watched the video in the first post and had no idea these were the allegations.
I read the sarcasm clearly and see the line now.

Killing people and profiting = bad

Scamming and fleecing children and retards for profit = good

Thanks for the clarification and lesson in lack of morality…. And you just made complete fucking degeneracy personified as me take the high road, I hope you are happy with yourself… dick

DosGamer

As the video states, I am sure he targets most of the money and prizes that are won to his friends and family. Having said that, when he digs 100 wells in Africa.... I doubt that is family or friends. Or when he does any of the philanthropy stuff....

I really doubt that a lot of the claims will stick.
The stuff with Chris is cringe and to me is the black eye on the company. The further than can push from him the better.

Jsisto

Isn’t the issue he held himself to an clean cut image no one in business can adheaere to and when called out on it constantly doubled down on his squeaky clean image while being a successful con man at heart.

Add that to how he stated he was doing this out of altruism when it’s clear seeing his profit margin that is also disingenuous….

…compounded by he preys upon children and retards to sustain his empire buying his merch at extortative prices…

…yes it erases all the good he does with it in return albeit not literally poisoning the wells he builds.

Edit: to those who think the opposite, would you apply the same logic to Pablo Escobar? He was a great humanitarian to all his fellow Colombians he didn’t kill or torture directly and indirectly building schools homes paying off government debt, are you going to be consistent with your logical reasoning or are the goalposts now mobile?
Are we seriously comparing Mr. Beast to a Mexican drug lord? No, I wouldn’t compare the two, because Mr Beast hasn't had people KILLED. If even the “worst” accusations about him are true, i wouldn't in my wildest dreams make any kind of analogy between these two. Is this for real? 😂. This is an amateur hour level cancellation attempt.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I am not really interested in that guy and never watched any of his content, but Asmon had a lengthy reaction video on that Ex-employee video which I decided to watch.
Beast seems to be a shady dude with staged content, trying to hook people with the promise of gifts and money in semi-lottery schemes.
Not really my type of thing.

Last edited:

Tams

How do you know this?

Regardless, does it matter if he's genuine or not? I doubt many celebrities and philanthropists are.

That certainly doesn't warrant an accusation of fraud and/or manipulation.

How do I know what a lottery is and the laws around it? By paying just the slightest attention to life.

Yoda

From the videos I've watched (old employee, former contestants, drama youtubers):
* Was in same group chat (discord) as Kris -> would've seen wildly inappropriate chat between him and minors
* Videos with "random" people are generally faked and most people are Mr. Beast employees -> the employees seem to "win" a lot at these "games"
* Videos with feats of endurance/strength/etc... are generally fake and Mr. Beast/his staff do not actually do them (ex: living in isolation for a week -> actually saying in a luxury hotel).
* Conditions for contestants are generally extremely poor
* Branded items are quite sketch, "health" foods aren't healthy and signed merch has a good chance of being fake signed.

While I'm not really surprised on points 2 - 5, point 1 is very serious. I'm not sure I'm buying he had no knowledge of Kris' pervert-ions (lets hope it didn't go further). Given he's largely a "kids/young adult" youtuber, I feel his current statement isn't enough. The investigation he announced needs to involve him as well, but my guess is it'll be limited to Kris.

While I was generally happy to hear about the "random" acts of charity he's channel had be doing, I think there's enough evidence to where future endeavors should be scrutinized more critically, regardless if we find out more about the allegations around Kris.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

Edit: text from the tweet - formatting appears to be lost, so probably best to click through if you actually want to read the series of rebuttals.

"I quickly want to debunk some of the info in this video since the guy who made it was on my team. It was my decision to fire him for erratic behavior, he worked at the company for less than a month and wasn't an employee for most of the videos he mentions to have knowledge on. There’s so much in his video and I want to specifically address him saying our videos are fake or staged because this is not true and I was on set for many of these videos.“you wont get in a video unless your family or friends with someone that works at beast”This is a wild statement that can easily be proven wrong, there's probably hundreds or thousands of people who have no affiliation to friends / family of beast employees. Think the 456 people in squid game, or ages 1 - 100, etc. Jimmy doesn’t know more then like a dozen people lol“The train track was CGI, the bus wheels are CGI, the pit is fake”He acts like he’s exposing us for using CGI to make backgrounds look cool when we have done multiple public behind the scenes videos with sokrispy showing this. It’s clearly not a secret. On top of that, we did drive buses in that pit and same with the train that you claim we didn’t.“The raccoon was a paid actor”I dont even know what to say about this, clearly not a actor lol“Island cost more than a dollar”Not true, we did pay $1 for this island. You can google “MrBeast purchases Outer Banks island for $1” which stated this before the video was released.“He moved into a mansion 2 months before being in a video. A million dollar mansion”He talks about how 2 months before we filmed the first Mack video that he moved into a mansion, mack was staying at a friend's house and I’m not sure how that proves anything or why it’s relevant.“This wink was added in post”Bruh he really did wink, this is a flat out lie again“The revenge storyline was added in post”He implies 42 and 58 was scripted and not real. The contestants themselves have talked about this on streams they did after the video. They legit didn’t like each other. He also claimed “58 was on the far opposite side and didn’t hear him” Just because he was on the other side of the room you don’t think 58 heard him yell? How on earth would he know?“Not only were the results of this video completely scripted but the contestants are not random subscribers”He claims our 100 boys vs 100 girls video is scripted and the proof is a random text saying it is? That’s it? It was not scripted. Jimmy probably had countless people on set for that video and it would have been impossible to hide. This video was not scripted. I was on set for this and there was no bias for who won. He also implies the video is fake because we have some employees on each team. The employees in the video were there to fill in for people who tested positive for covid last minute right before filming. Thea (jimmy gf) mentioned this on a podcast over a year ago. If it wasn’t for Covid they would have not been in it. They had the same $ on the line as everyone else. Some random text of someone “thinking” it was rigged doesnt mean its rigged lolHe also suggested the real time video was fake. This is not fake, it was a nightmare to make this video and it was legit filmed in 10 minutes.“Also i think some of the mrbeast giveaways are fake”We do not fake giveaways, I have been hands on with some of them and have personally been the person to connect winners with our accounting department to get paid. You also suggested we didn’t spend $1,000,000 on Samsung phones and I can assure you we did. Another lie from you.I could keep going but I don’t want this to be to long. Dawson himself said on Reddit that he was on shrooms and weed when filming this video which might explain some of the made up stuff. Dawson was only employed from March 25th 2024 and was let go on April 19th 2024. He was on a 90 day trial and we ended it early and paid him out to June 25th as we guaranteed the 90 days of pay so he could transition into a new job.I’d appreciate it if everyone reading this could help dispel all this fake rumors by spreading this info.Jimmy spends unfathomable amounts of money and time to ensure the integrity of what he does and I hate to see it come into question with a bunch of lies. Dawson, if you leave this up then you’re a hypocrite."

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Monsieur animal must be a kind person to not set the lawyers on this person if there are obvious lies, and he has the receipts.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Monsieur animal must be a kind person to not set the lawyers on this person if there are obvious lies, and he has the receipts.

I would expect that this will blow over quicker if they don't pursue legal action. There's also loads of reasons why this could reflect badly. Here's a couple of quick headlines:

Millionaire Youtuber hires crack team of lawyers and litigates whistleblower into submission.

Troubled Youtube star veers from catastrophe to catastrophe as first a member of his team is fired and investigated for inappropriate behaviour, and now fraud accuser has his day in court.

I'd guess that the only people who really care about what this guy has to say are people who've already made up their mind about not liking Mr Beast and his content. For those people, a robust defence would likely just be more evidence of something to hide.

If I were to place a bet, it'd be that this won't harm Mr Beast's popularity at all. In that light, I don't think there's much to be gained by trying to squash this, assuming the accuser doesn't have more to say and that it doesn't gather more momentum.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Yeah I'm sure those 100 people he helped get their eyesight back or those homeless people he gave a home are really upset at him for doing that.
In terms of how it's a net positive on the world, what does it matter if he's doing charitable acts only for clout vs out of the goodness of his heart?

I'd rather have my vision fixed by a douche than still be blind.

This is a ridiculous defense. Every major corporation with high-level profits like MrBeast's will do quite a bit of work that is technically charity, even if it's just as a writeoff; basically, at his level of profit, he would be an extreme outlier if he couldn't point to some kind of community charities or donations.

But he doesn't just do charitable things; he uses it as a kind of exploitation, particularly to link it in with his fraudulent lottery-like message that "anyone could run into Jimmy and become a millionaire or have their disease cured overnight!" And his viewers are overwhelmingly young, who see him doing these things and idolize the brand and all that cash which is his sole central theme since day one.

I've seen a few of his videos when my son has had them on. I never felt conned or felt my son was being exploited.

As a parent, I absolutely saw MrBeast videos start to come up with our kids and their friends years ago (years before the Chris Tyson perversion, to be clear) and was immediately concerned. His whole channel is just filled with a disgusting cash obsession. "Spend 1 million in 5 minutes!" "I gave a random person 20k if they did something for me on camera!" etc.

As a parent; yes, he is one of the people most responsible for dragging YouTube further into debasement and exploitation of kids via flashing giant cash hordes and fantasies of being an instant millionaire.

Edit: text from the tweet - formatting appears to be lost, so probably best to click through if you actually want to read the series of rebuttals.

This doesn't rebut anything of substance. The former employee's video contained some specific factual bits about CGI etc, but that wasn't even close to its core contention. The point of the video is to show damningly how Jimmy's profits are driven by extremely questionable tactics of scamming the young. And he knows it; the interview clip at the beginning where he says "the f-ing idiots on their parent's account" is exactly who he is, it's obvious.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
This guy's critique video has 7.2 million views now but is intentionally not monetized.

If you want to compare integrity of even this random guy and Jimmy's kid scamming empire... it's not even close.

Any random page from MrBeast's youtube list...
P5JxR1.jpg

It's just this cash nonsense over and over and over, all monetized to viewers that are at least 90% under the age of 13.

Last edited:

Tams

No, I was referring to your comment about him not being genuine.

'Giving $20k to a random stranger!1!!!'

Everything like that. Not only is it not genuine (he's not doing it out of the good of his heart, as he's shooting a video of it), it's also completely unrealistic and a terrible example to be setting. The chances of someone coming up and doing that to you, or you being able to do that are vanishingly small, but he and his team are setting the impression upon kids (who are very impressionable) that that's how life is.

If I were a parent, I'd ban my kids from watching channels like his (though frankly, I'd ban them from even watching YouTube alone until they were at least 12/13).

And don't brush over the lottery stuff. That's genuinely not legal. Yes, many YouTubers are guilty of that too and they should be stopped as well.

Last edited:

IDKFA

'Giving $20k to a random stranger!1!!!'

Everything like that. Not only is it not genuine (he's not doing it out of the good of his heart, as he's shooting a video of it), it's also completely unrealistic and a terrible example to be setting. The chances of someone coming up and doing that to you, or you being able to do that are vanishingly small, but he and his team are setting the impression upon kids (who are very impressionable) that that's how life is.

If I were a parent, I'd ban my kids from watching channels like his (though frankly, I'd ban them from even watching YouTube alone until they were at least 12/13).

And don't brush over the lottery stuff. That's genuinely not legal. Yes, many YouTubers are guilty of that too and they should be stopped as well.

I understand your point. His videos often revolve around extravagant spending and giveaways, which can promote materialistic values in children.

However, what Mr Beast is best known for is his charitable endeavors, donating millions to various causes and raising awareness for important issues. Examples being environmental issues where he has participated in several initiatives to raise awareness about climate change and environmental conservation, such as planting trees and cleaning up oceans.

Another positive example is building wells in Kenya which brought attention to the critical issue of access to clean water in many parts of the Africa. It was something that received a lot of criticism, but for the wrong reasons. The reason why he did it doesn't matter. The fact is people benefited from having access to clean drinking water. We can't argue that's not a positive outcome.

It's easy to say he isn't genuine and I understand why people would say this. Maybe he isn't. Maybe he's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart. It's impossible to say. Ultimately, what matters most is the outcome. Irrespective of Mr Beast's personal motivations, his initiatives have made a tangible difference to the lives of many people and inspired many more.

Tams

I understand your point. His videos often revolve around extravagant spending and giveaways, which can promote materialistic values in children.

However, what Mr Beast is best known for is his charitable endeavors, donating millions to various causes and raising awareness for important issues. Examples being environmental issues where he has participated in several initiatives to raise awareness about climate change and environmental conservation, such as planting trees and cleaning up oceans.

Another positive example is building wells in Kenya which brought attention to the critical issue of access to clean water in many parts of the Africa. It was something that received a lot of criticism, but for the wrong reasons. The reason why he did it doesn't matter. The fact is people benefited from having access to clean drinking water. We can't argue that's not a positive outcome.

It's easy to say he isn't genuine and I understand why people would say this. Maybe he isn't. Maybe he's not doing this out of the goodness of his heart. It's impossible to say. Ultimately, what matters most is the outcome. Irrespective of Mr Beast's personal motivations, his initiatives have made a tangible difference to the lives of many people and inspired many more.

Oh, lordy, the environmental stuff. He didn't even choose schemes that are going to do any real difference and there's the very real risk people just donate some money there and think they've done everything.

As for the clean water in Africa... I still have a WaterAid VHS about that from the 90s. It's a well-known and acted upon issue that can't be solved just like that.

IDKFA

Oh, lordy, the environmental stuff. He didn't even choose schemes that are going to do any real difference and there's the very real risk people just donate some money there and think they've done everything.

But did his actions make a difference? Did they inspire others? If so it was worth it. Clutching at straws with that one.

As for the clean water in Africa... I still have a WaterAid VHS about that from the 90s. It's a well-known and acted upon issue that can't be solved just like that.

If it can be solved so easily then why isn't it? Did the wells he paid for give people access to clean drinking water? If yes then it was worth it.

INC

I've said this for years now, grown men making content on YouTube for kids, always weirded me out, my mates kids watch these grown men doing role play shit on Minecraft, or hide and seek videos, just plain creepy

Shit like this comes as no surprise

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Seems like everyone is coming out of the woodwork looking to pile on Mr Beast. I'm a big fan of the guy. For one, he's self made. Dude built his channel up from nothing. Second, his videos are super high quality. Also, he has never hid the fact that a lot of the winners of his competitions are friends. Many of his ongoing series are people he knows and having them compete. He mentions it in his videos. Does he in all of them? No idea, I haven't seen all of them.

I'm sure he's not perfect, no one is, but the dude does a ton to help people and uses a ton of his money to do it. The amount of work he's done to help people is super impressive. People with more money than him have done far less.

INC

Seems like everyone is coming out of the woodwork looking to pile on Mr Beast. I'm a big fan of the guy. For one, he's self made. Dude built his channel up from nothing. Second, his videos are super high quality. Also, he has never hid the fact that a lot of the winners of his competitions are friends. Many of his ongoing series are people he knows and having them compete. He mentions it in his videos. Does he in all of them? No idea, I haven't seen all of them.

I'm sure he's not perfect, no one is, but the dude does a ton to help people and uses a ton of his money to do it. The amount of work he's done to help people is super impressive. People with more money than him have done far less.

Jimmy Saville also did a lot of charity work amd helped alot of people

FireFly

Jimmy Saville also did a lot of charity work amd helped alot of people
So if instead of being a sexual predator, Jimmy was guilty of running some fraudulent giveways, would his reputation still be tarnished in the same way?

*Nightwing

Banned
So if instead of being a sexual predator, Jimmy was guilty of running some fraudulent giveways, would his reputation still be tarnished in the same way?
Not by itself no…

…but hypothetically let’s say if on top of that: he was targeting children with over priced merchandise in said giveaway/lottery’s that were fake, all the while consistently refuting it being fake despite hard evidence it is, trying to maintain a altruistic image despite all the evidence showing it is all profit motivated, and again despite all the evidence he maintains his created image and videos are real it being demonstrated it is scripted, many rumors of his closet circle of friends are terrible people contrary to his manufactured image, hard evidence comes out showing some of the rumors are true…

…so at what point does reality take its toll upon his “legacy” in your mind? For me at the point he kept following the con man playbook narrative of never admitting reality and constantly adhering to his manufactured image, I knew his legacy will always be that, a con man… no matter how many wells he has sent to be dug up or blind people he has paid to be cured

Last edited:
Top Bottom