• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MrBeast accused of being a Fraudster by former ex-employee

nkarafo

The only thing i knew about mr Beast is he surpassed pewdiepie in Youtube subs, though right now Pew is in 8th place already.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
"I locked all my employees in a pool house and every day, I make one more incomprehensible PR move! Whoever hasn't dried out like a husk or ended it all out of professional shame by the end wins one dingussion dollars!!!"

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The only thing i knew about mr Beast is he surpassed pewdiepie in Youtube subs, though right now Pew is in 8th place already.
Mr. Beast destroyed Tseries, though. I was fucking surprised when I saw how India couldn't defeat one man with the most annoying smile on the internet.

Mr. Beast destroyed Tseries, though. I was fucking surprised when I saw how India couldn't defeat one man with the most annoying smile on the internet.

To be fair, one nation watching t-series and coming close to 1 on youtube vs whole world watching Mr Beast, not a bad go!

I don't give a toss btw just making the observation lol.

Anyway, GAF, is Mr Beast a bad man? I can't be bothered watching all the analysis videos, the way I see it is he gives loads to charity and makes money off the ad revenue, it's a cycle that repeats itself. Is it really all that bad? Don't watch his content.

bender

What time is it?
To be fair, one nation watching t-series and coming close to 1 on youtube vs whole world watching Mr Beast, not a bad go!

Anyway, GAF, is Mr Beast a bad man? I can't be bothered watching all the analysis videos, the way I see it is he gives loads to charity and makes money off the ad revenue, it's a cycle that repeats itself. Is it really all that bad? Don't watch his content.

To be determined.

But do good deeds negate bad deeds? The channel is a for profit business and I have no problem with that as they've never claimed to be a 501c. I also appreciate that they do charity work. I do think it is pretty skeevy to use your charity work to feed your monetization machine.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Nah, I'm not for or against him, at the moment. I say, let it all come out before making a judgement.
However... some of the steps he's been taking to quiet this have been pretty telling as to what his true character is, when the cams are off.

Neon Xenon

Looks like a huge coverup going on, lots of videos being stealth edited

This shit is wild. The cover-up (and it is very justified to call it a deliberate cover-up at this point) extends to edited videos, C&Ds, and deleted comments).

Whatever people think of MrBeast, trying to hide things looks bad, top to bottom.

*Nightwing

Banned
Boy all those “nothinging to see here”, “nothing gained from witch hunt”, “nothingburger”, “just disgruntled ex-employees”, “it doesn’t erase how great he is”, etc…. Comments all aged really well more and more as time goes on!!

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Tams Tams

I've seen a few videos now about these allegations.

Mr Beast really comes across like a POS. I can't discount what he's done for charity, but his scummy tactics to manipulate his army of (mostly child) followers is sidious.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Boy all those “nothinging to see here”, “nothing gained from witch hunt”, “nothingburger”, “just disgruntled ex-employees”, “it doesn’t erase how great he is”, etc…. Comments all aged really well more and more as time goes on!!
I mean, I don't really know Mr beast but glancing at these allegations what's different about his exploitation of others compared to the other millions of people doing it?

In the US we've normalized this behavior, even encouraged it

I could be ignorant in this situation, but nothing I'm seeing here even raises an eyebrow for me

RCU005

Because technically it is not a ''benevolent'' action, he does it to attract more audiences to his channel and keep money. Why don't he help without using cameras or uploading videos?
This is a stupid take.
He gets money from his videos by getting views and sponsorships. He needs those views in order to get the money to be able to help.

He is one of very few that actually helps people and he uploads the videos months after he already helped. A lot of people that get rich from YouTube or being an “influencer” waste money on useless things and self interests.

Also, all this controversy started from something that has nothing to do with him. He is definitely not a saint, and of course has done wrong, but he definitely seems to have a genuine will to help and make the world better.

Whether you like it or not, it’s your right to do so, but it doesn’t discredit everything he has done, that even governments don’t do for years for their own people.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

I knew this would happen soon or later after some people got offended that a white guy was building wells in Africa

Madflavor

Gold Member
After the new info that’s come to light this past week, especially the video from today, I don’t think defending this guy is a hill worth dying on. Jimmy seems like a real piece of shit and a sociopath. His good deeds don’t grant him immunity on that front, and I think it’s obvious the good things he’s done weren’t coming from the right place.

Yeah this. And given how the last video ended, it’s going to get even worse.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
After the new info that’s come to light this past week, especially the video from today, I don’t think defending this guy is a hill worth dying on. Jimmy seems like a real piece of shit and a sociopath. His good deeds don’t grant him immunity on that front, and I think it’s obvious the good things he’s done weren’t coming from the right place.

Yeah this. And given how the last video ended, it’s going to get even worse.
I skimmed through that vid above and it's just a guy doing skits and ranting in front of a wall...? Is there some kind of evidence on offer?

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
This is a stupid take.
He gets money from his videos by getting views and sponsorships. He needs those views in order to get the money to be able to help.

He is one of very few that actually helps people and he uploads the videos months after he already helped. A lot of people that get rich from YouTube or being an “influencer” waste money on useless things and self interests.

Also, all this controversy started from something that has nothing to do with him. He is definitely not a saint, and of course has done wrong, but he definitely seems to have a genuine will to help and make the world better.

Whether you like it or not, it’s your right to do so, but it doesn’t discredit everything he has done, that even governments don’t do for years for their own people.

I’m not going to question his intent. However, the money he’s giving is not anywhere even close to what he’s making. Giving $10k to a homeless guy is a drop in a bucket compared to what he’s make from said video.

*Nightwing

Banned
I skimmed through that vid above and it's just a guy doing skits and ranting in front of a wall...? Is there some kind of evidence on offer?
Yes, so far 2+ hours of circumstantial evidence across multiple videos…If what your looking for is direct evidence of him caught with his hands in the cookie jar you will be just as disappointed as everyone that ends up seeing Mr beast for whom he really is.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yes, so far 2+ hours of circumstantial evidence across multiple videos…If what your looking for is direct evidence of him caught with his hands in the cookie jar you will be just as disappointed as everyone that ends up seeing Mr beast for whom he really is.
So it’s nothing, then.

*Nightwing

Banned
So it’s nothing, then.
I mean circumstantial evidence has been a cornerstone of US jurisprudence and many various case argued solely on it… https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/circumstantial_evidence
… but sure if you want to ignore it for some reason, be my guest and do you and say it’s nothing, but thats making you look like your are ignoring substance and parroting a narrative which based on years on communication with you here I know is not true and is out of character for you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I’m not persuaded by unsourced YouTube rants, therefore I’m parroting a narrative. Got it.

No, it’s not out of character for me to be skeptical in lieu of evidence, and to be opposed to witch hunts generally.

Also, you may want to rethink the notion that you understand the first thing about the law.

RCU005

I’m not going to question his intent. However, the money he’s giving is not anywhere even close to what he’s making. Giving $10k to a homeless guy is a drop in a bucket compared to what he’s make from said video.

I don't think you've seen all of his videos. He has built houses, entire wells for people to have water, built schools, help with education, etc. Also, it's not his obligation. He has given more money than most billionaires out there. As I said, not even their own government help communities as he has done.

feynoob

Banned
I don't think you've seen all of his videos. He has built houses, entire wells for people to have water, built schools, help with education, etc. Also, it's not his obligation. He has given more money than most billionaires out there. As I said, not even their own government help communities as he has done.
That doesnt mean he isnt a bad person. Bill gates donated billions of dollar, yet he is a shit person. Donating to people doesnt excuse your actions.

Mistake

Not a fan of this guy, as I've caught him leaving out critical information on multiple occasions. But as for my take, until lawsuits start happening, we might as well be playing the bus rumor game
7NeQn5c.jpeg

SpiceRacz

Gold Member

I’m aware of that and no I haven’t seen all of his videos. You’re missing my point though. Those types of videos generate a lot of views and money for him. I would bet in most cases he’s making more than he’s giving away from each video. They are well aware of this. Good on him though for giving back.

And just to be clear, I’m neutral on this witch hunt that’s taking place. I’ve watched the recent videos about MrBeast and it just sounds like he’s trying to protect his business and his image to keep the MrBeast machine rolling.

stn

The way I view his "charity", the money he gives away is basically just part of the cost of the video. For example, he gives $50,000.00, then gets 300 million views on his video, and makes millions in ad revenue. Its literally just another form of investment neatly disguised as a charity.

Hudo

There’s no such thing as pure altruism in philanthropy. Are we going to hold an annoying zoomer YouTuber to a standard no one else meets, as justification for cancelling him?
I get what you are saying. And I agree. But I also want all Youtubers to be cancelled and gone, tbh.

A dilemma.

DosGamer

What is worse? IS it the circumstantial evidence that some say they have against Mr. Beast where he is editing and covering up issues or is it the click grabbers that are making all of these Mr. Beast videos for clicks for their own channel?
Not a fan of youtubers being judge/ juror just to build their own fan base and some of these videos are exactly just that.

I would rather wait and see if actual lawsuits are filed!

Dural

I don't have any issues with the Mr Beast videos, but the way he's handled what's went down with his friend under his watch isn't good. The leaked email from yesterday is pretty fucked up too, LGBTQ training for the staff when Kris is the one that's the predator? Jimmy was part of the Discord where it was taking place and he didn't stop it? They're stealth editing videos to try and cover themselves!?

near

Gold Member
Did he actually knowingly hire a registered sex offender/predator and have him wear a mask on he’s videos? Has this been proven? That would be crazy if true.

I don't have any issues with the Mr Beast videos, but the way he's handled what's went down with his friend under his watch isn't good. The leaked email from yesterday is pretty fucked up too, LGBTQ training for the staff when Kris is the one that's the predator? Jimmy was part of the Discord where it was taking place and he didn't stop it? They're stealth editing videos to try and cover themselves!?
What is the leaked email about? Is it genuine?

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Did he actually knowingly hire a registered sex offender/predator and have him wear a mask on he’s videos? Has this been proven? That would be crazy if true.
Well, the brother-in-law of the RSO admitted in a tweet that he (his brother-in-law, gotta love English) met with MrBeast and his mother before being contracted and talked to them about it. MrBeast hasn't said anything so far.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Another one of these went viral in the last 24 hours

I haven't watched, so you decide. He ends with posting a link to his gofundme, though, which he has since removed from the video description after being called out for pulling a cash grab.

zaFez8R.png

bender

What time is it?
LegalEagle covered the video.

As far as rigging the contests is concerned, the FCC gaming regulation don't apply. The illegal lottery stuff may have some merit if the allegations are true. Also says the legal team MrBeast hired are some heavy hitters.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Another one of these went viral in the last 24 hours

I haven't watched, so you decide. He ends with posting a link to his gofundme, though, which he has since removed from the video description after being called out for pulling a cash grab.

zaFez8R.png

Watched it earlier and sounded pretty convincing until the begging part. He basically wanted the audience to give him 1.7m lol Killed credibility instantly.

Yoda

LegalEagle covered the video.

Also says the legal team MrBeast hired are some heavy hitters.

Yeah I'm not sure his (legal eagle) views of the lawfirm that was hired was a ringing endorsement. Almost sounded like unsolicited advice that "beast llc" or w/e they're called should've found someone else.

As for the recent videos. Not sure anything had damning evidence, and there's incentive to pile on as any "Mr Beast" drama video seems to get easy views. However, if a chorus of former employees/contractors/contestants all keep telling similar stories... In today's day an age that's basically guilty in the court of public opinion. I guess the main point is does drama youtubers influence his (largely kid) audience? I suspect the audience of drama youtubers barely intersect with Mr Beast viewers.

Top Bottom