• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Improvements coming to Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora

Draugoth

Gold Member

avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-pach-notes-titleupdate3-thumbnail.jpg

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - Title Update 3 & 3.1​

Title Update 3.1 will be live on March 7th at 10 AM UTC.

TU3 Patch Sizes:
  • PS5 – 7.1 GB
  • Xbox Series X/S – 9.4 GB
  • PC – 9.6 GB
TU3.1 Patch Sizes:
  • PS5 – 1.7 GB
  • Xbox Series X/S – 2.7 GB
  • PC – 2.37 GB

Title Update 3.2 will begin going live on April 23rd at 8:00 AM UTC / 10:00 AM CEST / 1:00 AM PDT

Read a detailed list of fixes & adjustments that are coming with Title Update 3.2 below:
TU3.2 Patch Sizes:

PS5 - 2,4 GB
Xbox Series X/S - 3.1 GB
PC - 3 GB

NOTABLE IMPROVEMENTS:

[Xbox Series X/S, PS5] Added a 40 FPS mode.
[PC] Enabled Intel XeSS Super Sampling.

GLOBAL:

Added Fast Travel option to Research Station Alpha.
Controller re-mapping no longer resets on game restart.
Fixed various crashes.
Fixed a few misspellings.
Fixed some voice lines overlapping during dialogue.

TECHNICAL:

[PC] AMD FSR3 has been temporarily rolled back.
Dev Note: To prevent visual artifacts impacting the interpolation output of FSR3 Frame Generation we've decided to roll back to the previously used version of FSR3. Despite this rollback, we've decided to keep certain improvements that we introduced with the upgraded version, such as improvements to UI composition when using Frame Generation.

MAIN QUESTS & SIDE-QUESTS:

[Main Quest - Shadows of the Past] Fixed an issue that would prevent the quest from updating when done in co-op.

ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES:

[All Platforms] Rescued Resistance human characters no longer appear back in the Resistance HQ with a mask on.
[All Platforms] Some NPCs no longer become invisible when at the edge of the Player's vision.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Title Update 3.2 will begin going live on April 23rd at 8:00 AM UTC / 10:00 AM CEST / 1:00 AM PDT

Read a detailed list of fixes & adjustments that are coming with Title Update 3.2 below:
TU3.2 Patch Sizes:

PS5 - 2,4 GB
Xbox Series X/S - 3.1 GB
PC - 3 GB

NOTABLE IMPROVEMENTS:

[Xbox Series X/S, PS5] Added a 40 FPS mode.
[PC] Enabled Intel XeSS Super Sampling.

GLOBAL:

Added Fast Travel option to Research Station Alpha.
Controller re-mapping no longer resets on game restart.
Fixed various crashes.
Fixed a few misspellings.
Fixed some voice lines overlapping during dialogue.

TECHNICAL:

[PC] AMD FSR3 has been temporarily rolled back.
Dev Note: To prevent visual artifacts impacting the interpolation output of FSR3 Frame Generation we've decided to roll back to the previously used version of FSR3. Despite this rollback, we've decided to keep certain improvements that we introduced with the upgraded version, such as improvements to UI composition when using Frame Generation.

MAIN QUESTS & SIDE-QUESTS:

[Main Quest - Shadows of the Past] Fixed an issue that would prevent the quest from updating when done in co-op.

ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES:

[All Platforms] Rescued Resistance human characters no longer appear back in the Resistance HQ with a mask on.
[All Platforms] Some NPCs no longer become invisible when at the edge of the Player's vision.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Do any of the improvements include making the game fun to play?

Because it sure as fuck isnt

Its the epitomy of an Ubislog

Krathoon

I went ahead and bought it a few days ago. Green Man Gaming has it for a good price.

The game really leans on the humans being the bad guys. Beginning spoiler.
A guy just flat out shoots a Navi child at the beginning.

Krathoon

I do get annoyed with the "humans are bad" theme of the series. There is a certain truth to it, but it is a cliche.

Krathoon

Earlier this year, I went on the Avatar rides at Disney's Animal Kingdom. They were pretty good.

Somehow they made the floating rocks in the park. Rigged up some scaffolding.

I do get annoyed with the "humans are bad" theme of the series. There is a certain truth to it, but it is a cliche.
There is no truth to it.

Humans are bad = Don't make families and babies that could threaten our totalitarian marxist regime based upon division and fear.

I'd give it like a 60/40 bad to genuine good ratio on humans 🤷‍♂️

And when I mean genuinely good humans, I mean the ones who actually care to help others in real life through actions, not the online whiners or apathetic/greedy types. So I'm being generous with my estimate.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I'd give it like a 60/40 bad to genuine good ratio on humans 🤷‍♂️

And when I mean genuinely good humans, I mean the ones who actually care to help others in real life through actions, not the online whiners or apathetic/greedy types. So I'm being generous with my estimate.
That is what they pretty much do in the movies. You have a rag tag group of humans helping the Navi.
It is just a very overused theme in fiction that gets old.

Last edited:
Top Bottom