• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama for Switch to be delisted on August 10

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Mushihimesa-Switch_07-10-24-768x432.jpg

Via Gematsu

Live Wire will delist the Switch version of Mushihimesama from Nintendo eShop on August 10 due to the expiration of the licensing agreement with original developer CAVE Interactive, the company announced.

Mushihimesama originally launched for arcade on October 12, 2004. The Switch version launched on June 15, 2021.

There's no similar announcement regarding the Steam version, which also appears to be currently on sale.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Bought this when it came out. It runs great on the Switch for anyone on the fence. It’s a classic. Plus it’s great in portable tate mode.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

bender

What time is it?
Will any other games be delisted?

Live Wire published games on Switch:

Mushihimesama - Release Date: 6/15/2021 - Delisting: 8/10/2024
Espgalude II - Release Date: 9/9/2021
DoDonPachi Resurrection - Release Date: 11/25/2021
Radiant Silvergun - Release Date: 9/13/2022

I'd be pretty concerned about Espgalude II and DoDonPachi Resurrection following suit.

I probably wouldn't worry about the Steam release for now as it has a different publisher (Komodo) and was released 11/12/2015.

Last edited:

Impotaku

or sometimes I play it like this (framerate tripled to 180 fps via LS on my 360 hz QD OLED)=

aUAjFj8.jpeg
EUl5S1I.jpeg
DHcbPJO.jpeg

Bought a seperate monitor that can rotate especially just to play tate shmups but it's useful for a load of my mini consoles as a lot of arcade games use that orientation.
hnHWofs.jpg

To be honest if anyone is even remotely a shmup fan they really should be proactive in picking up as many of them as they can while they are still available as they tend to go out of print quite often, sadly i missed the boat with a few so i refuse to pay like £100+ for certain titles don't even get me started on retro systems like PS1.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

This kinda came out of nowhere. I'm gonna grab the PEGI version of Mushihimesama since it will be a tad cheaper getting it locally than importing a copy through Amazon Japan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom