• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
Go ahead, good doctor. I couldn't ask for better hands for this task to be laid on.

Pu0nm.png

Zomba13

Amibguous Cad said:
We still don't have confirmation that we'll be back in OT for the season. We should seek confirmation from mods.
Why wouldn't we?
New OT for a new season. Only reason Ponies got moved to community was because it was such a popular topic with an obvious community posting regularly keeping it on the first page (most of the time) when the season had ended. Discussion wasn't dying down so it got moved.

tiff

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
We still don't have confirmation that we'll be back in OT for the season. We should seek confirmation from mods.
Does every official thread need mod approval to be posted?

Narag

Amibguous Cad said:
Actually we do. Thread in OT a week before the season begins.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Amibguous Cad said:
1. yes we do.
2. why would you even think we need it?
3. but we do anyway.

Ellis Kim

Banned
tiff said:
Does every official thread need mod approval to be posted?
lol, no.

Anyways, I took a brief stab at human Belle... after having some trouble thinking of how to draw her. Pose-wise, I like it; its more or less essentially inspired by Myke's shirt design. Face-wise, I kept thinking of thelivingmachine's approach to human ponies, but I'm not happy with it (nor is it polished, just a sketch).

Figured I'd drop it in here before I take a nap.

lx4cYl.jpg

Looks too inspired by Derpy.

I'll draw something different later.

Bakphoon

Ellis Kim said:
lol, no.

Anyways, I took a brief stab at human Belle... after having some trouble thinking of how to draw her. Pose-wise, I like it; its more or less essentially inspired by Myke's shirt design. Face-wise, I kept thinking of thelivingmachine's approach to human ponies, but I'm not happy with it (nor is it polished, just a sketch).

http://i.imgur.com/lx4cYl.jpg[IMG]

I'll draw something different later.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You're playing around with too powerful forces!

G-Fex

ahoyhoy said:
Drawing a human Belle is like trying to use a sword without a hilt; there's no safe way to wield it.

Human Belle is such a strong lady yet yielding and yet fragile like glass.

Ellis Kim said:
lol, no.

lx4cYl.jpg

I'll draw something different later.

I like it, please continue.
BTW, love the way its drawn Ellis, it looks really great with that sketchy feel to it.

G-Fex

EatChildren said:
Human...ponies?

ONLY THE BEST AND HUMANEST OF PONIES!

Imagine what a Real Pink pony might look like.

Moe Fluttershy but a REAL Girl!

Plus who knows what Doctor Whoof might look like as a human!

akira28

ellis: bad ass. I like the pose. Maybe try one where she's actually laying on her side, curled up playing a DS? Or laying on her stomach with her legs up playing the DS, to pull the Belle Eve angle even closer to home. Anyway, I like it.

Owlowiscious said:
or does she? .................................

Nuh-Neverr!!!!11 Not in this brony's pony brigade!

Zomba13 said:
Why wouldn't we?
New OT for a new season. Only reason Ponies got moved to community was because it was such a popular topic with an obvious community posting regularly keeping it on the first page (most of the time) when the season had ended. Discussion wasn't dying down so it got moved.
You assume that the mods' stated reason for action is the real reason for action, and that they feel bound to continue to follow the reasoning they initially offered for their action. Neither supposition is supported by past experience (again, see the nuking of black gag and gay gaf under the doctrine of the discouragement of megathreads,, followed by the creation of a forum specifically for megathreads).

It's possible that the mods were perfectly sincere in their proffered reason, but it's just as possible that thy simply wanted the headache of ponies in OT to go away and seized on a pretext, in much the same way they seized on the megathreads pretext when minorityGAF got blamed for trolling against it. Since no other OT thread has been moved to community, I'm personally skeptical that this was meant to set a serious precedent.

soooooo here was my idea for the human ponies. I'm too lazy and with pax coming up I'm making up excuses.

anyways. so there's bak on a mountain wall about to enter some human shaped hole. panda is there too at his own human shaped hole entering it.

belle is on the ground yelling up "cousin, nooo!"
bak: "THIS IS MY HOLE IT. WAS MADE FOR ME"

next panel is the other side of the mountain. it's equestia's mountain that you see canterlot on. there are pony shaped holes

G-Fex

Owlowiscious said:
soooooo here was my idea for the human ponies. I'm too lazy and with pax coming up I'm making up excuses.

anyways. so there's bak on a mountain wall about to enter some human shaped hole. panda is there too at his own human shaped hole entering it.

belle is on the ground yelling up "cousin, nooo!"
bak: "THIS IS MY HOLE IT. WAS MADE FOR ME"

next panel is the other side of the mountain. it's equestia's mountain that you see canterlot on. there are pony shaped holes

Yikes that comic freaked me out man.

Pandaman said:

I'm thinking more british gentleman, maybe a celery stick or scarf.

Slamtastic said:
i think you're just jealous that it's always human ponies and not human owls

gftOd.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex said:
So you wanted a hands on approach I see
No, its just that a pony turned into a human would no longer have hooves and instead have hands, thus i suggested a person who popularly known as Mr. Hands who was himself a doctor of engineering before he died from a perforated colon after letting a horse have sex with him.

so there was a couple angles to work with there.

SHOOPBEDOO

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ahoyhoy said:
Don't be swayed. We need you in our corner.

The winning corner

The Pony Purity corner.

I dont think you understand.

I...love...human ponies.

akira28

Owlowiscious said:
soooooo here was my idea for the human ponies.

Holes comic plot.

U will be sued. Better make it a magic portal or something.

G-Fex said:
Such grace, such emotion.

More like reminiscing back to the days when she used to carry a shiv. Fluttershy...is complicated. Did they ever name her alter? I call her Razorshy. Flutterblade?

G-Fex

akira28 said:
U will be sued. Better make it a magic portal or something.

More like reminiscing back to the days when she used to carry a shiv. Fluttershy...is complicated.

shes a enigma and that makes her a great human pony

Cheerilee

Zomba13 said:
Why wouldn't we?
Just to point out all we officially know...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27626068&postcount=10781
duckroll said:
Just as head's up to the thread, after the finale airs, and discussion on the finale has died down, I'll be moving the thread to the Community forum. Discussions about the series at large, and the overall fandom, would be more appropriate for that forum, but I'm keeping the thread on OT out of the consideration of those following the series and discussing episodes after they air.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27626505&postcount=10786
duckroll said:
I'm saying the nature of the thread in general fits Community better than OT, the only reason it hasn't been moved yet is because the season is still airing and I want to keep it here until after the finale airs.

Myke Greywolf said:
What happens if we reach 20,000 posts while there?
You make a new thread. :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27628621&postcount=10813
Amibguous Cad said:
Darte said:
Would we be able to make Season 2 thread in OT though?
If we're being allowed to stay in OT till the season ends, it stand to reason we'd be back in OT when the new season airs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27628725&postcount=10815
duckroll said:
Furret said:
What nature would this be? The fact that you don't like it?

How is this thread different from any other thread about a TV show?
I like how you assume that somehow I'm attacking the show when I'm the only mod who actually watches and enjoys it, which is why I'm posting to give the heads up that it is going to be moved.

We generally move eternally fast-moving threads which have built a sort of sub-community. Basically when most of the posts are no longer talking about the actual content of the show, but rather community stuff instead which includes but is not limited to: fan art, fan fiction, general subculture of the show, general interactions between members, etc. Most of the time, this applies to popular games. MLP is definitely notable because the thread continues to frequently the top of the OT forum, regardless of actual discussion about a given episode.

The building of the community forum is something relatively recent. If such a practice was around when Lost was airing, it would almost certainly have also gone into the community forum after it finished airing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27628961&postcount=10823
duckroll said:
Furret said:
OK, so the answer is no other non-game threads?
To be honest, I don't know. This is the first OT thread that I will personally be moving to Community, because it was suggested by Evilore a week or two ago that it should be moved. I suggested for the season to be over first, since some users actually discuss the episodes after watching them, and don't participate in the other discussions. After all it's ending this week.

This isn't a case where I'm sitting here deciding to move a bunch of threads randomly to Community. It is a unique situation for MLP because the season is ending, and I'm communicating this move because I actually watch the show and post in this thread. I hope you understand.

So EviLore was the one who suggested that our old thread get moved to Community (apparently because of our ability to keep going regardless of new content) slightly before S1 ended. And duckroll countered, saying that new episodes = on-topic conversation, and duckroll wasn't asking for very much at the time (just a week extension).

This current thread (and beyond) was endorsed by duckroll as something obvious if we get that far.

Amibguous Cad was the one who first speculated our return to the OT Forum when the new episodes begin, but duckroll didn't confirm or deny.

I'm not sure if anyone directly mentioned it, but it seems to be assumed that in Community we'd have more freedom to act crazy, while in the OT we'd have to exercise more self-control. No human ponies, or at least no meltdowns over human ponies.

I think that EviLore likes us, or at least he likes to troll the OT by supporting us, so if he has an opinion on where he'd like us to make the S2 thread, we should probably ask.

I nominate EatChildren to ask.

Edit: And no cheating and telling us we have to stay in Community even if EviLore says it's okay to go back to OT just because you want more human ponies!

Ikael

Finishing what I started!

Rainbow Dash:

Been dreaming, I've been waiting
To post those human ponies--
they will admire and they will freak:
Spinning 'round and having kicks.
asking the mods to take control
posting borderline rule 34

The FBI will monitorize us all at the OT!

Choir:
All we've longed for,
All we've dreamed,
Our happy ever-after...
Finally will all come true
Right here at the OT.
At the OT!

Pinkie Pie:

I'm here at the Pony Tread,
For it is the best fiesta
But the one thing it was missing was a brony named Jenga!
For he is the best at parties, all the ponies will agree...
Ponies playing, ponies dancing
With him at the Off Topic~

Choir:
happiness and closet bronies at the OT
At the OT!

Twilight Sparkle: At the OT,
Choir: At the OT
Twilight Sparkle: With the bronies,
Choir: With the bronies
Twilight Sparkle: Is where I'm going to be!
Choir: She will be

Twilight Sparkle:
We will talk all about parodies,
And what is your best pony list.
Choir: She will see

Twilight Sparkle:
outclassing every other internet phenomenom,
as we appear on the MTV~
Choir: This will be the best topic EVER!

Twilight and choir:
Into the OT, we must go;
We're ready now, we're all aglow.
Into the OT, let's go in
And have the best topic ever!
Into the OT, now's the time--
We're ready and we look divine!

Fluttershy: Into the OT, make new converts!
Applejack: Into the OT, create more memes!
Rarity: Into the Gala, find our troll!
Rainbow Dash: Prove that a pedo I am not!

Fluttershy: To meet

Applejack: To share

Rarity: To gloat

Dash: To prove

Pinkie: To lulz

Twilight: To talk

All:
Into the OT,
Into the OT
And we'll have the BEST TOPIC EVER...
At the OT!

MrWhitefolks

Neo Member
So yeah, a friend nagged me non stop until I finally watched a few episodes of this shit. Which then turned into 26 episodes over the course of a week or so.

I'll be damned if it isn't like a throwback to all those classic cartoons of the late 80s/early 90s, all lumped into a 3-act structure that actually works. Good characters, good comedy, brilliant animation.

war_never___wait_what__by_mrwhitefolks-d47mghl.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
We're in the OT as long as S2 is running. Got it straight from the ducks mouth.

So best behavior, everyone.

Especially you!
jq8w9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom