• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2th said:
surprised you didnt notice Belle int he background of Carek's new work... she appears to be walking with Bakpony.
thats not bak.

hairs wrong, body colour is wrong and there's no visible horn, you you know how bak gets when people say he has a small horn. also according to carek, belle lives on the other side of the planet with all the other OC characters.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Complex Shadow said:
i say this thread still needs more dawww

Go ahead and bring this out again.

scootaloo___ecwab_by_creshosk-d45o4y2.png

And...

XUeuR.jpg

8prTh.jpg

^Anyone know source on this, and if it's available in a a higher res?

2th

Banned
Pandaman said:
thats not bak.

hairs wrong, body colour is wrong and there's no visible horn, you you know how bak gets when people say he has a small horn. also according to carek, belle lives on the other side of the planet with all the other OC characters.

looks like you are correct on the colors and hair and horn.

as for belle living on the other side of the planet... you learn something new every day.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
TOMODASHI MOKUSHIROKU

utena_and_anthy_pony_style_by_naur-d343jg7.jpg

I wish there were art of both in the shadowed face style of Utena.

EatChildren said:
So when are you monsters going back to the OT? I need to prep my human pony image archive to break in the new thread.

SWEET, MOD APPROVAL

blamite

Owlowiscious said:
My BYOC setup at PAX

CYIYP.jpg
Dammit, now I need a CMC hoodie.

Where'd you get yours? It looks like the guy who was selling them on that Ghostbusters site is done(?) but I found a few versions on Spreadshirt. Are their hoodies any good? It is now my goal in life to get one of these.

SparksterMeta0 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9RZ9KoVhs

Part 1 of Official Italian Episode 1 dub!

With a completely different intro song

IMO Italy needs to stop doing this, doing different songs getting clips from the series that sometimes dont even match is horrible. It was done in the 80's-90's because for some reason it was easier to do a new song than trying to translate well the original. Spain also did this, but we stopped.
Yeah, that means you could get, an more in the past, some songs that were great, but you also got really bad ones. And even if the song was great the video going with it IS ALWAYS AWFUL.

The song in the opening was not bad, but the video is not just horrible, its spoilerish and they put even some gag jokes you will not find funny when you see them because you will have seen them a million times in the opening before they appear.

The voice work for the italian version seems really good though.

Cheerilee

SpacePirate Ridley said:
IMO Italy needs to stop doing this, doing different songs getting clips from the series that sometimes dont even match is horrible. It was done in the 80's-90's because for some reason it was easier to do a new song than trying to translate well the original. Spain also did this, but we stopped.
Yeah, that means you could get, an more in the past, some songs that were great, but you also got really bad ones. And even if the song was great the video going with it IS ALWAYS AWFUL.
It wasn't about ease or difficulty, it was so that they could own the rights instead of licensing. It turned out to be a bad idea, because it costs more in the short term and (AFAIK) nobody has ever seen any long term gain.

Orcastar

The Awesomest said:
But how is Pinkie sitting on a cloud??
Everyone knows Pinkie is actually an alicorn that has just surpressed her racial traits in order to better learn to understand the ways of the common ponies. Sometimes her powers just creep through.

ebwF7.jpg

SpacePirate Ridley said:
ruby_onix said:
It wasn't about ease or difficulty, it was so that they could own the rights instead of licensing. It turned out to be a bad idea, because it costs more in the short term and (AFAIK) nobody has ever seen any long term gain.
That's a fascinating tidbit of av-translation history.

Theonik

ruby_onix said:
Hell Greece almost never really did it and we are a much smaller market than either. (though i suspect it's because the short term cost wasn't worth it)

ruby_onix said:

So that was the real reason. I supposed it could be something about licensing, but seeing as there wasnt any gain to it, I always thought that it was really to make the translation easier for the opnings. Lots of this italian and old spanish openings have very similar type of music for animation openings.

Still, it needs to go, seems that Italy is the only one still using it and it doesnt look good, at least the video part of the opening.
I always thought when I was smaller having scenes from the series in the opening awkwardly trying to go at the pace of the new song felt cheap, now I think it feels cheap, horrible and spoilery.

BTW, watching the first episode they also moved the opening from being after the episode's prelude to starting with it. Why would they fucking do that, the kids are not stupid, they know what they are going to watch even if you dont start with the opening.

AdawgDaFAB said:
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/gallery/ - Here is a link.
There are some cool things in there like the bible for the pitch was made in 2008, Fluttershy was originally an earth pony and Apple Bloom was originally named Appleseed + meant to be on her CMC journey alone.

Those pics are awesome. Hope someone gets a chance to vector them like her Derpy sketch. The Twilight and Applejack ones are the best!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Still think someone needs to use that comi-con poster to make a new banner for the S3 thread.

And on that note, I'd still like to do a voting contest for new thread banner.

DrForester said:
Still think someone needs to use that comi-con poster to make a new banner for the S3 thread.
Don't you mean S2 thread?
Yeah, I agree. There have been a few different vectors done of the poster that we can utilize for the banner (editing in Belle of course ^__^).

Bakphoon said:
We have also another one from me but it's chat exclusive :p
Gee, I woooooooooooonder why that is! Let's just say there's a reason I didn't put it with the above post ;-).

2th

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
Don't you mean S2 thread?
Yeah, I agree. There have been a few different vectors done of the poster that we can utilize for the banner (editing in Belle of course ^__^).

while it will be the S2 thread it will actually be OT3 for us.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well I plan to direct people here in the OP for expanded info info. I plan to link to the guide for last season, and I am going to trim down things a bit, just to try and make it a bit more friendly to newcomers. Basic info, character info, bit about creators and fans.

And yes, I meant S2 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom