• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Amibguous Cad said:
It seems to be the most recent batch of juniors, fOr some reason (hough there are still quite a few of them that are awesome).
I agree.

Quite a few of our recent additions are somewhat abbrasive.

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Hirano Aya-San is pretty much impossible right now to book. Between Jewelpet and Fairy Tail she's got hardly any time. Great seiyuu though, and brilliantly executed career, she's not going to be without work for a looong time.
Kamikawa Tomoko-San died about two weeks ago, a tragedy. Her role as Misuzu was one of my favorites.
Mizuki Nana-San would be a good choice, and has an excellent singing voice.
Matuoka has to speak Osakaben (for me), and I don't think that would work for fluttershy.

Uchip, romanticherox, 失礼でしょう
ZealousD I'm an anthropologist, it's my job to know Japanese pop culture.

why is my name in there?

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
I said that it was rude for you to refer to Japanese voice acting as annoying, that's all.

if you actually read my post properly you would see that I was joking about a character having an annoying voice. Where did you get the idea that it was an all-encompassing remark about Japanese VA?

Even if I DID say that, its not rude in the slightest unless you yourself are one of those voice actors.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Hirano Aya-San is pretty much impossible right now to book. Between Jewelpet and Fairy Tail she's got hardly any time. Great seiyuu though, and brilliantly executed career, she's not going to be without work for a looong time.
Kamikawa Tomoko-San died about two weeks ago, a tragedy. Her role as Misuzu was one of my favorites.
Mizuki Nana-San would be a good choice, and has an excellent singing voice.
Matuoka has to speak Osakaben (for me), and I don't think that would work for fluttershy.

Uchip, romanticherox, 失礼でしょう

Damn, I didn't know that. Her Misuzu was exactly what I was thinking of when she came to mind too. RIP.

OT: I wonder who will replace her when Itsuki makes a return in a future BASARA game now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ivedoneyourmom said:

I know what an anthropologist is, and I'm pretty sure knowing Japanese voice actors was never a part of your job description. :eek:

Songbird

Prodigal Son
ZealousD said:
I know what an anthropologist is, and I'm pretty sure knowing Japanese voice actors was never a part of your job description. :eek:
Anime voice-acting culture is nation-defining! Didn't you know?

KtSlime

ZealousD said:

My focus is Japanese pop culture and the transition from a shame based culture to guilt based culture due to outside influence. It's my job to know as much about what makes Japan Japan as possible. Hehe.

AdawgDaFAB: Yeah, I wonder who they are going get to replace her on Bleach.

Uchip: There was not enough context to determine that you were joking. And it doesn't matter if I am the seiyuu or not, referring to the customs of another culture as annoying IMO is a bit rude. I'm sure if you took the time to understand the language, you too would find that the 'high pitched and annoying' voices are not annoying in the slightest and are quite charming.

Thnikkaman, I deal with little c, not big C.

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Uchip: There was not enough context to determine that you were joking. And it doesn't matter if I am the seiyuu or not, referring to the customs of another culture as annoying IMO is a bit rude. I'm sure if you took the time to understand the language, you too would find that the 'high pitched and annoying' voices are not annoying in the slightest and are quite charming.

Rudeness is 100% dependent on a recipient
(of which there are none here)
Your implying my need to understand Japanese to make a vague statement is rude though, and despite having seen hundreds of anime and jdrama, certain VAs still hurt my ears.

If you cant handle someones opinion, then dont comment.

PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

KtSlime

Wow a professional pony stalker

Only in the bronies.

Good to see you've returned Jenga. How've you been, you should visit more often.

Jenga said:
wow a professional weeaboo

only in the bronies LOL
Hey man, he's living the dream. Kudos to you, ivedoneyourmom, especially fo making it in academia.

I notice you and the other Timbers fans have been considerably less active in the MLS thread of late. I wonder what possible reason there could be for that? =P

KtSlime

Uchip said:
also lol @ the implication that voice acting is a custom
what am i even reading

custom |ˈkəstəm|
noun
1 a traditional and widely accepted way of behaving or doing something that is specific to a particular society, place, or time: the old English custom of dancing around the maypole | custom demanded that a person should have gifts for the child.

*shrug* If you'd like me to lend you some books on the nature of culture and custom I could.

Thnikkaman: Graduate studies.
Amibguous Cad: Ah, it's true. Yesterday made me very sad, but you guys have been doing great - conragts.

Jenga

Banned
so im milling around in a tf2 server when some ass with a pony avatar starts spamming some MLP show music

holy shit this shit hurts my ears

how can you people put up with it, much less like it?

it's like im listening to the bloody barney theme song

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
*shrug* If you'd like me to lend you some books on the nature of culture and custom I could.

so you basically proved yourself wrong and added a smug criticism for good measure?
nice

Negator

Jenga said:
so im milling around in a tf2 server when some ass with a pony avatar starts spamming some MLP show music

I would totally heal Jenga with my medic

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Jenga said:

How do you know what the Barney theme song sounds like?

You watch Barney?

Weirdo.

KtSlime

Uchip said:
so you basically proved yourself wrong and added a smug criticism for good measure?
nice

Proved myself wrong? In what way? So particular characteristics to voice acting aren't custom? It's all custom.

ivedoneyourmom said:
AdawgDaFAB: Yeah, I wonder who they are going get to replace her on Bleach.
That's right, I forgot she does Soi Fon too. However, unless they are in a filler season w/ her as part of it (I gave up on the anime a long time ago), she doesn't have any upcoming parts to worry about outside of future games. Either way, damn shame as she was very versatile.

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Proved myself wrong? In what way? So particular characteristics to voice acting aren't custom? It's all custom.

now you're just not making sense
its not even worth the headache you are giving me to reply to this
your otaku is showing when you vehemently defend "Japanese culture" when someone doesnt like something to do with Japan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom